Patch 1.2.4 Delayed to Tomorrow (also: Race Season Nine items and Melbourne Meetup)

"
enigma1406 wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"Time" is the actual keyword here, i already mentioned the math above, nearly 3 points per event for every event, thats simply not doable for 99% of the players, even 100 races done is probably out of the question for anyone who works 8 hours a day.

Take off your elitest glasses for a moment and actually think rather than making the assumption that people here are complaining because they think theyre entitled to getting rewards without any effort.

Your logic is flawed because you assume the "99%" are somehow entitled to getting the high season point race rewards. Gated content or, in this case, gated race rewards is nothing new. This is the same argument as people complaining about Uber Atziri. It's part of the game. It shouldn't be a level playing field for everyone. You can easily just play the game, save currency, and trade for the items that are race rewards.

Why the fuck are you making some wild similarity to races and UBER FUCKING ATZIRI?
You must be dumb as fuck, it's unreal.

Uber Atziri have been confirmed to be the "END GAME" of the game, that says it all.

Races is EVENTS, it should be for EVERYBODY, not just for the No-Lifers and dedicated Streamers.

"You can easily trade for the race rewards" - People really sells race rewards? KEK, what a world you live in m8.
And if they do, it's only 15 times more espensive than the normal version.

This is not about the rewards, it's about GGG YET AGAIN MAKES AN EVENT ONLY FOR SOME PEOPLE.

Polish your elitisim where nobody wants you.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
Last edited by Derpey on Oct 22, 2014, 11:58:32 AM
"
Derpey wrote:
"
leto2626 wrote:
Just as the races to level 100, the total points for a race season are nothing you should care about if you a normal person. WHy being so butthurt, if there are people who are willing to sacrifice their health messing up their sleep for an alternate art unique it's their choice, I couldn't care less, I prefer health. The biggest problem here is that the racing season is global, it just doesn't make any sense that people plan their life around some virtual races that happen anywhere within a 24 hour time interval.
Still it's probably the best GGG can do and it's the idiots that think they have to do them ALL.

Anyway I'm only doing endless ledges and burst races, the others bore me just by looking at them. It's time for something new, we all have seen Descent and Descent champions enough times by now. And 2 hours fixed seed? Damn I rather do 2 hours of hillock runs, that will give more satisfaction :p

Once again someone failed to understand the whole argument.

It's all about:

Video game vs. Real-life job.

PoE is becoming more and more like a real-life job, there's no justification to this.

Sure if you want to no-life the game and fuck up your own health, be my guest, but don't "balance" events that should be for everybody due to such people.

I understand what you're saying but what is the solution, splitting up in timezones? Splitting up gives advantages to the smalles group. And it's not just EU and Murica, you also have Asia/Oceania. I understand the situation is really absurd at this point, but still so many people actually do it (wrecking their real life), if people stopped doing that they would look different at it.

But it's the same for level 100, no one with a regular life will EVER be level 100 and get 8/8 challenges, should they scrap that as well?

And the people saying races should be for everybody, it has always been for everybody but the race season rewards have NEVER been for everybody, why would it suddenly change now, because it's shorter?
Everyone can participate in every race and can compete for the price in that race, I'm afraid the only solution to race seasons is just scrapping rewards at all, I bet even more people would go berserk here, but hey the maphackers and jobless die hards/streamers won't get anything either, is that what you want? Tbh the age of e-penis for me is gone, but apparantly it's not for a big part of teh world.
Last edited by leto2626 on Oct 22, 2014, 12:03:57 PM
"
enigma1406 wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"Time" is the actual keyword here, i already mentioned the math above, nearly 3 points per event for every event, thats simply not doable for 99% of the players, even 100 races done is probably out of the question for anyone who works 8 hours a day.

Take off your elitest glasses for a moment and actually think rather than making the assumption that people here are complaining because they think theyre entitled to getting rewards without any effort.

Your logic is flawed because you assume the "99%" are somehow entitled to getting the high season point race rewards. Gated content or, in this case, gated race rewards is nothing new. This is the same argument as people complaining about Uber Atziri. It's part of the game. It shouldn't be a level playing field for everyone. You can easily just play the game, save currency, and trade for the items that are race rewards.
"Your logic is flawed because you assume the 99% are somehow entitled to getting high season point race rewards".

Loled. I dont think you even understand what entitlement means.

Also, loled at your "You can just buy them". Clearly shows you know nothing.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Oct 22, 2014, 12:08:03 PM
"
leto2626 wrote:
"
Derpey wrote:
"
leto2626 wrote:
Just as the races to level 100, the total points for a race season are nothing you should care about if you a normal person. WHy being so butthurt, if there are people who are willing to sacrifice their health messing up their sleep for an alternate art unique it's their choice, I couldn't care less, I prefer health. The biggest problem here is that the racing season is global, it just doesn't make any sense that people plan their life around some virtual races that happen anywhere within a 24 hour time interval.
Still it's probably the best GGG can do and it's the idiots that think they have to do them ALL.

Anyway I'm only doing endless ledges and burst races, the others bore me just by looking at them. It's time for something new, we all have seen Descent and Descent champions enough times by now. And 2 hours fixed seed? Damn I rather do 2 hours of hillock runs, that will give more satisfaction :p

Once again someone failed to understand the whole argument.

It's all about:

Video game vs. Real-life job.

PoE is becoming more and more like a real-life job, there's no justification to this.

Sure if you want to no-life the game and fuck up your own health, be my guest, but don't "balance" events that should be for everybody due to such people.

I understand what you're saying but what is the solution, splitting up in timezones? Splitting up gives advantages to the smalles group. And it's not just EU and Murica, you also have Asia/Oceania. I understand the situation is really absurd at this point, but still so many people actually do it (wrecking their real life), if people stopped doing that they would look different at it.

But it's the same for level 100, no one with a regular life will EVER be level 100 and get 8/8 challenges, should they scrap that as well?

Stop making some dumb assumption that Lv 100 and EVENTS are the same thing..
Getting to 90 was for me easy as fuck, I bet I could have pushed to Lv 100 if I cared enough, but I just got too bored of the char and ripped it for the SC Lv 90 Achievement.

I'll admit you're somewhat right with the 8/8 challenge Leagues, but IMO those are all rigged as hell.
How is it a challenge to own all the listed Uniques? All that shit says is rich people or trade-maniacs will get it, nothing else.
I stopped giving a fuck about them after trying to get all Uniques back in Nemesis, I just gave up when I only needed Kaom's Heart, it was just retarded in every single way.

My point stand though.

Races are both hardcore stuff and an event, that everybody should be allowed to compete in, therefore making it so European ALWAYS have work or is sleeping when race is on, should be looked into, seriously it was brutal as fuck last season.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
So many people would be happy in this game if they just set their own goals instead of looking at others all the freaking time ...

I mean so many people are doing the challenges while most of them are the pinnacle of anti-fun. Why do something in a GAME that is anti-fun? I don't get it. I admit I did the same in WoW back in teh day and one day I realised 'Wtf am I doing here, I'm getting pissed off and angry in a game I play in my free time.'
Btw that's why I move PoE, I don't have to look at anyone to have fun, I hate trading so I barely do it only in extreme cases but I don't go complain this game is not for self found players. I do race here and there but I set my own goals and stopped looking at the guy that is 10 levels higher in just 15 minutes and go 'WTF', I realise it's practice and I can't be bothered to practice the same thing over and over and over and over again. I just try to beat my previous record, that's it, no frustration.
Maybe GGG should lower the attention to that e-penis, those challenges are the worst, the ones that bother are machines not having fun doing them, but gratz they got some real life award for it they can hang on the wall for when their family comes to visit and say 'wtf is that'?
Last edited by leto2626 on Oct 22, 2014, 12:11:49 PM
"
leto2626 wrote:
So many people would be happy in this game if they just set their own goals instead of looking at others all the freaking time ...

I mean so many people are doing the challenges while most of them are the pinnacle of anti-fun. Why do something in a GAME that is anti-fun? I don't get it. I admit I did the same in WoW back in teh day and one day I realised 'Wtf am I doing here, I'm getting pissed off and angry in a game I play in my free time.'
Btw that's why I move PoE, I don't have to look at anyone to have fun, I hate trading so I barely do it only in extreme cases but I don't go complain this game is not for self found players. I do race here and there but I set my own goals and stopped looking at the guy that is 10 levels higher in just 15 minutes and go 'WTF', I realise it's practice and I can't be bothered to practice the same thing over and over and over and over again. I just try to beat my previous record, that's it, no frustration.
Maybe GGG should lower the attention to that e-penis, those challenges are the worst, the ones that bother are machines not having fun doing them, but gratz they got some real life award for it they can hang on the wall for when their family comes to visit and say 'wtf is that'?

I for one had fun doing the 5/8 , for the other 3 I decided it's not worth my time . As for the "machines " part , what do you care who is a machine and who's not - stop looking at the others and just enjoy the game right ?
"
DeadlyHusky wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Less than a month-long race season? Unless the points structure has radically changed in the new formats, that doesn't provide much opportunity for "also ran" racers like myself to achieve significant points totals. I am also concerned about the race dynamics introduced with the "enhanced" Brutus and Merveil fights. They are definitely gonna create some difficulties for more casual racers, and I expect a big shake-out as a result. ='[.]'=

85dps on a atk + at least 50% cold resist and 450+ hp merveil should be doable get around those stats asap numbers based on personal experience

...Within the first hour of a race? Sure. EZmode for everybody, right?

As for those who opine that those of us expressing our concerns just feel "entitled" to the big prizes with little effort, I can't speak for everyone else, but I am accustomed to busting butt during past race seasons. If I work at it pretty consistently, I could probably reach mebbe the 360 point prize (if it's even something I want), but that was in a "full-length" season, not somewhat less than a month. Unless points per event have been inflated somehow, simply to sustain the 0-1,000 range, it appears impossible to achieve the same kind of points levels. If they have been, well, not so bad, but still a very tight window of opportunity, particularly for those whose schedules don't sync well with the times of the events.

It still looks like there's gonna be some significant adaptation to be done by returning racers, and I'm concerned about the accessibility of racing to new players, as well. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
ventiman wrote:

since you have an incredible amount of racepoints = zero (which means you have no fucking clue at all but still give your opinion for some unknown reason)

let me give you a quick review how casual racing looks like
as a europe player most of the casual races like endless ledge decend and so on take place in the middle of the night you grab 7-10 points each race if you dont die if you die you get nothing
so you settle for a reward round 300
my goal last sesaon was the bereks grip 360 points there is no way a working class citizen can reach 600 points or 1000 no way
I don't see the issue. You got the proper race reward. Again, why do you deserve the 600 or 1000 point reward? They SHOULD put a hard to reach reward out there for those that "no life" it to get. If everyone could get the 1000 point reward, then there would be a 1500 and 2000 point reward.
Might be a stupid question, but how do we get these points? and whats the goal for race?
Last edited by gunit76 on Oct 22, 2014, 12:28:03 PM
"
gunit76 wrote:
Might be a stupid question, but how do we get these points? and whats the goal for race?

See this post on races
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/338712

But generally there will be a specific time (mostly centered around New Zealand time) that these events will occur. Most last about 1 hour but they could be anywhere from 12m to an entire weekend. You obtain points by reaching a certain level or completing certain events (like kill a boss) or be the first to clear a zone. When the race is over you could also get points for making the top 20, by class, on the ladder.

Each race is its own instance so every starts off with a fresh lvl 1 character with nothing in their inventory stash.

Over the season as you reach certain point levels you get prizes. Points are cumulative so once you reach 10 you only need 30 more to reach 40 you don't start over. Also you just get the reward for having the points, you don't spend them. Again once you get 40 you get the reward at 40 you don't have to make a decision to save up to 100 for example.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info