SkullStorm Cycloner – the power of COMBOS – all maps with 5ex gear (with Herald of Thunder)

Damn, LeMing... I love your builds! I'm still building up my Barrage Wonder Wanderer but this looks awesome :)

I got a BoR like that to its was very hard to find one with the right collors. Im using a similar build called The Raging CoC.
The only difference is see is that your not using a Thiefs torment for the life/mana steal.
With moltenstrike and gmp you hit a lot and you get all your life back. maybe i can try using cyclon and see if that works.
Last edited by DutchWarbandit on Oct 29, 2014, 10:57:45 AM
which bandits did you take ?
does adders touch critical strike for the dagger increase skullscrit? can they even crit?

with only rough 110~% maxhp can you survive all the content? because with this build
we are in constant pressure from mobs (evasion entropy)
i really like the idea just a little curious

edit:

also trying a ci version of this..
1st draft
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAW8D7gQHBbUOSBFQEZYV1xslHRQdTx2-HoEfAij6KgsrDSy_LOEtHzBxM4c1uTY9NsU6QkcGS3hLjUuuTLNNuU99UDBRYFZjWfNakVxrXfJfamKsY0NmnmqsbIxtGXBScFZw1X3jfuJ_xoBWgseESIVghq6J04t6jAuPRpAbkn2VIJhvmhOio6cIpyunNKh9qZWqxKxmrKq0xbiTuT65fMAawcXB88Lsw23MvNP71CPYJNh22Vvb1Nvn3ajfiuL344Tlz-kC6-7ssPLh8-r2_PfX-tL_HA==
Last edited by evilch3n on Nov 3, 2014, 10:07:37 AM
I just finished to build your build, everything seem to be okay ?

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA-4FtQhnDPcOSBGWFr8YPB2-HoEi6iaVJ-0qCypNLOEwcTOHNZI2PTpCPC0_J0GHRwZKyEt4S41RTFINVUtZbVnzWpFb913yXh9fmF_KYeJirGNDaqxsFmyMbqpwUnBWcNV9W33jgseHGYnTjAuQG5J9kzqYb5oTm7WdqqZ_qH2sR6xmrKqxs7TFtUi18rc-uT65fL0nwBrC7MM6xPbGrspKzzLT-9Qj2HbYvdo929TdqOOE5c_o1unV7LDtQfLh8-r56PxL_gr_HA==

My DPS is around 9k, is it normal ? I'm clearing lvl76 map really slowly xD

Any suggestion ?
"
gexstar wrote:
which bandits did you take ?

I have old char with poor bandit choices. The best is to take:
normal: 40HP or skillpoint
cruel: 8% AS or phys dmg or skillpoint
merci: skillpoint

"
evilch3n wrote:
does adders touch critical strike for the dagger increase skullscrit? can they even crit?
with only rough 110~% maxhp can you survive all the content? because with this build
we are in constant pressure from mobs (evasion entropy)
i really like the idea just a little curious

My crit chance do not increase crit chance of skulls. I don’t know if they can crit.
110% HP is only 4k HP but the real defense is max block + acrobatics + blind + spellblock + phase acro. So this build is very safe. The only problem could be with hard hits like vaal strike. I’m a single player so I rarely have an opportunity to play the highest level maps.
ing: Storm_Gaze
"
HuRRR1980 wrote:

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA-4FtQhnDPcOSBGWFr8YPB2-HoEi6iaVJ-0qCypNLOEwcTOHNZI2PTpCPC0_J0GHRwZKyEt4S41RTFINVUtZbVnzWpFb913yXh9fmF_KYeJirGNDaqxsFmyMbqpwUnBWcNV9W33jgseHGYnTjAuQG5J9kzqYb5oTm7WdqqZ_qH2sR6xmrKqxs7TFtUi18rc-uT65fL0nwBrC7MM6xPbGrspKzzLT-9Qj2HbYvdo929TdqOOE5c_o1unV7LDtQfLh8-r56PxL_gr_HA==

Any suggestion ?

Hi, 9k dps is normal. Your dps is useful for life/mana leech. The main damage is from skulls.
I have 2 suggestions to improve your feeling:
1) Molten strike as a triggering attack is super good but only with multistrike + GMP. MS alone is 3 attacks. MS+multistrike is 9 attack. MS + multi + GMP is 28 attacks. So moltenstrike is good to use when you have BoR with corrupted CoC gem. Without GMP you have only 1/3 chance to cast skulls. I prefer cyclone because I can moving and attacking simultaneously and it is good triggering skill.
2) Your CoC gem is only level 34%. My level 20 is 68%. This is HUGE difference. Let’s assume 85% chance to hit and 75% chance to crit. So with level 3 CoC you have only 21% chance to cast spirit. With max level CoC your chance will be 43%. It two times more. It is 2 times more skulls = 2 times more dps. Skulls are the real source of damage here.
ing: Storm_Gaze
"
LeMing wrote:

Hi, 9k dps is normal. Your dps is useful for life/mana leech. The main damage is from skulls.
1) Molten strike as a triggering attack is super good but only with multistrike + GMP. MS alone is 3 attacks. MS+multistrike is 9 attack. MS + multi + GMP is 28 attacks. So moltenstrike is good to use when you have BoR with corrupted CoC gem. Without GMP you have only 1/3 chance to cast skulls. I prefer cyclone because I can moving and attacking simultaneously and it is good triggering skill.
But Cyclone is really hard to sustain mana wise and with the desync it can become really dangerous.
I'm only 67 and right now cyclone is not a good skill to use. I'll see later how it will evolve.
"
LeMing wrote:
"
HuRRR1980 wrote:

Spoiler

Any suggestion ?

2) Your CoC gem is only level 34%. My level 20 is 68%. This is HUGE difference. Let’s assume 85% chance to hit and 75% chance to crit. So with level 3 CoC you have only 21% chance to cast spirit. With max level CoC your chance will be 43%. It two times more. It is 2 times more skulls = 2 times more dps. Skulls are the real source of damage here.

Molten strike and lightning strike with gmp are by far the best skill to use.
Molten strike is better for 1 vs 1
Lightning strike is better in open area's.
Currently lvl 70 with this build.

Gear so far:
Spoiler

Since I'm using the CoP I get less blockchance on the tree. Also I won't get the gravepact cluster.
Instead of this I get trickery, the critchance cluster near scion atsp and 2 more 5% nodes in the life wheel.
That's my planned lvl 90 tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA-4FtQceCGcM9w5IEZYWvxg8Hb4egSLqJpUn7SoLKk0s4TBxM4c1kjY9OkI8LT8nQYdHBklRSshLeEuNUUxVS1ltWfNd8l4fX5hfymHiYqxjQ2wWbIxuqnBScFZw1X1bfeN-vYcZidOMC5Abkn2TOpUul_6Yb5oTm7WdqqZ_pzSsR6xmrKqxs7TFtUi18rc-uT65fL0nwJzC7MM6xPbGrspKzzLUI9h22L3b1N2o44Tlz-jW6dXssO1B8NXyRfLh8-r56PxL_gr-j_8cjDZ3B4cTnKRvnjrhTeM=

What do you think about my adjustments?
(If I happen to level over 90 I think I'll go for gravepact. For now I prefer triggering more often.)
Patch 1.3 - never forget the big qq!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info