SkullStorm Cycloner – the power of COMBOS – all maps with 5ex gear (with Herald of Thunder)

i did a similar version with a 4L barrage coc SRS EK while bak. used clarity, haste, purities.
scion with crit node. 3 spectres. zombies etc. got up to 82.

heres gear.

havnt play it in a while...standard. just did mock tree and killed piety for S&G...
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAx4DlgYjBkkIZwj0DkgQlxFQEZYTbBa_Fy8YPBpsHNwdFB1PHaofQSaVJ6ko-ioLKlMtHy9vNbk26TpYOyhEBEZxTblVS1XGVdZd8l8qYENh4mKVZOdmnmpDaqxtGW49b55wUnC7cNV0VXcHf8aApIIegseDCYcTiECJ04w2j0aQM5BVkyeTOpUgm6GcpJ2uoqOmrKcIpyuqxKyYsnC0DLVIuJO9J8AawFTBxcHzzLzT-9kT2wvhiONq6-7sGPPq99f56PrS

2.5k life
3.6k mana(240 mana regen)
41% chance to crit
broken flask mechanic makes minions stay alive.

not sure if Geofri's Crest would be better.

[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Last edited by leighferon on Nov 10, 2014, 5:05:32 PM
Not quite sure about barrage with CoC SRS - does it make them spawn in meleerange or at your position?

Also that's not much crit nor a lot of life - I'm at 94.3% crit which 4 charges atm.

Edit: I like the idea of triggering EK and SRS. Could have some potential.
Edit2: played around with the tree a bit after doing some calcs regarding the optimal dps per spirit.
93% inc life is a bit too low, isnt it?
Patch 1.3 - never forget the big qq!
Last edited by Patsn on Nov 10, 2014, 7:25:38 PM
this are the item i have ATM. Im level 76.

Spoiler

and this is the tree im planing to use
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YD7gceDkgPqxGWFSAWvxcvGYoajx2-IuImlSftKk0vbzBUM4c1kjY9Nuk7KDwtPT4_Jz-bQYdH4klRSshRTFM1VUtV1lltWfNakV3yX5hgQ2HiYqxk52aeaqxsjG1sbj1uqm-ecFJwVnC7cNVyqXf9fVt-vYCkgseDCYnTjAuP-pAbkFWSfZUul_6Yb5oTm7WdqqQ5qH2sR6yqtfK3Prl8wBrDOsT2xq7KSs8y0IHT-9i92RPb1Nwj42rjhOXP6hjsGOyw8NX22vcy-ej60vsJ_go=

If the calculator i used is right i get around 600.000 DPS with 50 spirits and its not to hard to get that :D.
The life is a bit low but im using Lightning Strike so i can keep my distance and with Thief torment i can get allot of hp back very quick.
Last edited by DutchWarbandit on Nov 11, 2014, 2:44:09 PM
Did some math for the optimal usage of Vagan's dagger.
I'll just copypaste my notes in here, I think this is.. plain awesome.

Spoiler

tl;dr

!TOTAL CRIT NUMBERS ARE WITH 4 POWER CHARGES!
1010% total crit for getting 90% with a golden/copper kris w/ +26% local crit.
1030% total crit for getting 90% with a golden/copper kris w/ +24% local crit.
1010% total crit for getting 90% with a fiend/imp dagger w/ +26% local crit.
Drop critnodes when getting over 90% with 4 power charges.

Goal: Hit 90% crit w/ 4 powercharges while using Vagan's dagger. Can reach up to 100% crit this way with usage of 15+/0+ AssMark & 13+/20 CoH.

NEEDED: 13+/20 CoH & 15+/0+ AssMark & 18+/(20) CoC

BE AWARE THAT THIS ONLY TAKES CRIT FROM DAGGER, TREE AND Q20CoC IN ACCOUNT.
ADJUST TREE FOR CRIT ON GEAR - DROP CRIT/ACC HYBRID FIRST.
ALSO I DID NOT TEST THIS YET - I HAVE NO IDEA IF OUR MANALEECH IS GONNA BE ENOUGH.

local crit needed on dagger:
+26%
(+24%)

+27% - can drop 10%
(+27% - can drop 30%)

not possible to get 90%
(+26%)

(+27% - can drop 10%)

What do you think? :)

REALLY IMPORTANT EDIT
Spoiler

It works. Leech is enough. I still miss quality on the gems, therefore a bit of crit, but never missing is AWESOME. For refence, here's the dagger.

One _could_ craft one with higher pdmg, atspd 'n stuff, but I don't think it's worth doing that with a 60% implicit dagger. When I get a Vagan's Copper/Gold Kris I'll totally craft at least additional atspd on it - with Elreon meta, because it's the cheapest way to get the exact stats I want.
Last edited by Patsn on Nov 11, 2014, 5:49:26 PM
"
Patsn wrote:
Did some math for the optimal usage of Vagan's dagger.
I'll just copypaste my notes in here, I think this is.. plain awesome.

Spoiler

tl;dr

!TOTAL CRIT NUMBERS ARE WITH 4 POWER CHARGES!
1010% total crit for getting 90% with a golden/copper kris w/ +26% local crit.
1030% total crit for getting 90% with a golden/copper kris w/ +24% local crit.
1010% total crit for getting 90% with a fiend/imp dagger w/ +26% local crit.
Drop critnodes when getting over 90% with 4 power charges.

Goal: Hit 90% crit w/ 4 powercharges while using Vagan's dagger. Can reach up to 100% crit this way with usage of 15+/0+ AssMark & 13+/20 CoH.

NEEDED: 13+/20 CoH & 15+/0+ AssMark & 18+/(20) CoC

BE AWARE THAT THIS ONLY TAKES CRIT FROM DAGGER, TREE AND Q20CoC IN ACCOUNT.
ADJUST TREE FOR CRIT ON GEAR - DROP CRIT/ACC HYBRID FIRST.
ALSO I DID NOT TEST THIS YET - I HAVE NO IDEA IF OUR MANALEECH IS GONNA BE ENOUGH.

+26%
(+24%)

+27% - can drop 10%
(+27% - can drop 30%)

not possible to get 90%
(+26%)

(+27% - can drop 10%)

What do you think? :)

REALLY IMPORTANT EDIT
Spoiler

It works. Leech is enough. I still miss quality on the gems, therefore a bit of crit, but never missing is AWESOME. For refence, here's the dagger.

One _could_ craft one with higher pdmg, atspd 'n stuff, but I don't think it's worth doing that with a 60% implicit dagger. When I get a Vagan's Copper/Gold Kris I'll totally craft at least additional atspd on it - with Elreon meta, because it's the cheapest way to get the exact stats I want.

All this sounds AMAZING!!!
I have to invite Vagan to HO ASAP to try the dagger. It save accuracy points on tree and increase number of spirits!

PS
With this tree you gain:
+30% crit chance
+16% AS
+6% MS

But you will loos some dps (from crit multi) but with low damage dagger it seems good deal.
Tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA-4FtQhnCSEM9w5IEZYWvxg8Hb4egSLqJpUn7SoLKk0wcTOHNZI2PTpCPC0_J0GHSshLeEuNUUxVS1ltWfNakV3yXh9fmF_KYeJirGNDaqxsFmyMbqpvnnBScFZw1XcHfVt-vYLHhxOHGYnTjDaQG5J9kzqX_phvmhObtZyknaqmf6c0qH2sR6yqsbO0xbVItfK3Pr0nwJzC7MM6xPbGrspKzzLT-9Qj2L3aPdvU3ajjhOXP6Nbp1e1B8kXy4fPq-ej8S_4K_xxyqfcy6hgwVD0-3CM_m4MJ9vw=
ing: Storm_Gaze
Last edited by LeMing on Nov 12, 2014, 5:08:53 AM
The tree you made looks great, tho it is 10% crit over what's needed which puts us at 91% w/ 4 charges.
(calced for the weapon i currently have. better weapon means more critnodes can be dropped)
But I guess we can keep that since bosses have reduced curse effect.
Are we just losing 86% multi?
Could still be just enough to keep shocking.

EDIT

Alright, shocking works.
I've adjusted the tree you made out of my planned tree - dropped 4% block since I capped w/o Purity now and can run Tempest Shield again. Also I dropped one 8% mana node and a 5% life node to get into Survivalist. The whole cluster gives 14% all res, +1% max cold and 48% inc ev. I'd say that's worth losing the health.

EDIT#2 TESTING LS AND HATRED

Made a few changes again.
Started running LS-MStrike-CoC-SRS as my trigger attacks, reasoning is simply better shockchance.
Also I tested Hatred w/ CwDT FO, it works. There's a chance that the trigger won't resolve, but we aren't at 100% crit all the time. It's basically just an awesome DPS increase for our SRS. I don't think that's possible with MS/Cyclone though. Hatred also acts as an additional layer of defense thanks to the freeze/chill.
With my LS setup it's perfectly possible to hit the maximum amount of SRS w/o GMP.
srs cap screen (twinned colonnade)

All in all the clearspeed feels faster and, most importantly, safer.

EDIT#3 - TESTING WITH EE AND GENEROSITYHATRED

That's what I came up with a few minutes ago. I dropped manaleech off of HoT, started to run Hatred on Generosity and spec into EE.
So far so good, I'm currently just testing the shocks.
As far as I can see there is not that much off a difference in 25% light dmg.

EDIT#4 - RESULTS

Don't use EE. Don't use Hatred w/ Generosity. Totally not worth.
Last edited by Patsn on Nov 13, 2014, 7:43:43 PM
if you ran blood rage and your minions killed the mob do you get the frenzy charge? same for assassins mark? do you get the power charge?
No,
But I have good dps on cyclone so I can kill some mobs myself. That why I'm almost always on max charges.
ing: Storm_Gaze
Looks like 1.3 will nerf this build to the ground :(
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
The 1.3 Patch is a big nerf(Less crit chance/Les SRS damage/CoC delay).
But i still think my build can survive only the damge wil be lower and it's a bit harder to get 50 spirits. If the dps calculator was right i could get 600k dps with 20/20 gems and a 21 srs. That wil be 550k at best after the patch.

Tip: Vagan dager are very powerfull in CoC(Chance to hit is rolled twiche for a crit if one of them fails its not a crit).
Example: with 85% to hit and 60% to crit you'r effectife crit chance is:
.85*.85*.6=43,3 crit chance
Last edited by DutchWarbandit on Dec 12, 2014, 9:03:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info