A look back in time : Design of Cloak of Defiance

great read, thanks for posting! love the cloak :)
I for one don't want Cloak of Defiance changed. I feel that it's extremely well balanced that many opinions only changed due to the course of the game.

Very good read. Your unique is one of those I appreciate a lot despite never using it but for the creation of the keystone.
Just wanted to say Thank you for creating this item!

I have not had the pleasure of building around it yet but I know I will enjoy it when I do. Items like this allow me to play the game with different strategies everytime I build something new
IGN: Fourist
Thabks for sharing, love these posts
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
editpes wrote:
fianlly you tell us the story of making this great item
fall in love with this item when i found invalesco guide about ninja crit caster and make that build on ambush
now i use it for RF incinerate on rampage
3D art please
this item gave me achievement for 6 linking
this is the second item that 6 linking myself

I hate you... :D

5L'd 6 of them in Ambush and 3 in Rampage so far... :(
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Oct 20, 2014, 3:53:12 PM
Thanks for posting this. I really like the item and don't feel like it should be nerfed. That being said, I do think that the Keystone needs to be re-positioned. I tried building around the Keystone as a Witch, and I had to spend ~14 points just to get to it. With that high of a cost, taking the chest instead is always going to be a straight upgrade with 0 downsides and tons of upsides.
Last edited by Shmez on Oct 20, 2014, 4:30:15 PM
cant be op never seen one uber win with it...let alone foty like shav
Git R Dun!
I have to say Cloak of Defiance is a really amazing unique congrats! @OP given the state of CI right now how would you feel if GGG were to change MoM to be something like 30% of damage taken from mana before life or energy shield? Ive really wanted to make a CI build like this. Its been possible since they introduced the corrupted mods for rings and amulets (%damage taken gained as mana when hit) except that MoM only works with life and not es :(
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
Roleplayer wrote:
I don't think that this cloak really needs a change, but well what do I know.
I think it's pretty interesting really. It makes me change up my playstyle depending on circumstances:
I can reserve no auras at all, deal ~40% less damage, having less block (no tempest) but have +~1.7k "hp" and need to rely on potions or mana leech gem for sustaining casts.
I can reserve every single thing and also run AA, while casting my spell with mana leech (clarity), but have ~100 mana. Or I can choose some options in between. It feels like running auras with Blood magic but more realistic (let's face it, I'll never do a shav and running % auras from life when you stack life is just unreasonable)

You really need to learn how to build for Cloak of Defiance properly if you think you can't use auras with it still at maximum effectiveness. You should be able to run at least one aura while keeping maximum effectiveness, and if you build your mana pool correctly you can have 2 or 3.
Last edited by Xendran on Oct 20, 2014, 6:00:20 PM
once you calculate how much extra ehp you get from mind over matter, it doesn't take a genius to realize this is the strongest chest in the game. glad i bought one for 14 chaos a few months back

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info