A look back in time : Design of Cloak of Defiance

"
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Great artwork and design if used properly.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1068509

Absolute shit if not which maybe had ppl shying away. Love it. Thanks for the story, enjoyed.

Oh and it's not OP. To use it right need huge mana pool (which means less auras) and T1 regen every slot. Big time sacrifice like all good defensive setups have some. Cept LL shavs maybe - only sacrifice there is price.

it is fucking retardedly op, you only need eldritch battery and you don't need t1 regen in every slot at all

but you know, keep talking about things you're not familiar with

edit: i can sustain a lvl 27 AA:

and a 1.6k+ unreserved mana pool with only this for regen and my wand:

blah balh blah...missed your uber video in all that talk...love to see it with low regen
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 20, 2014, 1:47:35 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Great artwork and design if used properly.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1068509

Absolute shit if not which maybe had ppl shying away. Love it. Thanks for the story, enjoyed.

Oh and it's not OP. To use it right need huge mana pool (which means less auras) and T1 regen every slot. Big time sacrifice like all good defensive setups have some. Cept LL shavs maybe - only sacrifice there is price.

it is fucking retardedly op, you only need eldritch battery and you don't need t1 regen in every slot at all

but you know, keep talking about things you're not familiar with

edit: i can sustain a lvl 27 AA:

and a 1.6k+ unreserved mana pool with only this for regen and my wand:

blah balh blah...missed your uber video in all that talk...love to see it with low regen

fucking sweet rampage character you have there m8
Beyond league.
I didn't realize there's such a great story behind this item. I liked the look of this item when i saw it in the first place. Awesome work!
You know what really grinds my gears about CoD? It's one of the most popular items in the game, and yet, no 3D art. Meanwhile, Void-friggin-home get a 3D art. Really?
Thanks for sharing this! I don't think it's op, but rather one of the best balanced (end-game) uniques.

But it does need some 3D love ;)
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
I love this cloak. :)
"Mana was a very different animal at the time. The only use mana had was to reserve as many auras as humanly possible and that was it. Eldritch Battery was not used a lot, except in very specific builds. I sought to change this."

Fantastic statement! Thanks for creating this unique Hrishi!! =)
Standard IGN: LaHhRip
I don't think that this cloak really needs a change, but well what do I know.
I think it's pretty interesting really. It makes me change up my playstyle depending on circumstances:
I can reserve no auras at all, deal ~40% less damage, having less block (no tempest) but have +~1.7k "hp" and need to rely on potions or mana leech gem for sustaining casts.
I can reserve every single thing and also run AA, while casting my spell with mana leech (clarity), but have ~100 mana. Or I can choose some options in between. It feels like running auras with Blood magic but more realistic (let's face it, I'll never do a shav and running % auras from life when you stack life is just unreasonable)
Great post and a great unique. Im glad you thought of D2´s mana shield, it was a great mechanic and i too missed something like it in POE.

Oh, and its the only item i ever managed to 6-link.

ign: ggtyfutoo
Still waiting for the unique model.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info