Just did Zana's Nemesis map mod...

"
Kagari wrote:
Afaik, the only mod that gives a significant IIQ increase is the onslaught one with +40%. Nemesis only gives 1 rare nemesis mob per pack. Seems a lot but that not that great tbh.

Thank you for the info sir, i was not aware. I thought they all gave an inherent IIQ% bonus to the map aside from league specific bonuses.

Hmm yeah sounds like a waste to use currency on in rampage then. More of a standard "lets enjoy old league's" sort of thing. (which imo is still a great idea, but could use a cost overhaul)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Embrace the RNG :^)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

But, you have to play into that mod. These new mods benefit standard a lot.

Ye thats the problem. They are balanced around permanent leagues

Those mods should be expensive, but maybe 40 chaos instead of 2 pure ex
I didn't try this mod with selling maps i'll maybe drop in mind. Looted only 1x77 anyway.

But when i spend 2 ex, which was the only 2 i had at this time, i expect to get something more than regular useless stuff honestly. I know i can't base my feedback around a single try of the mod, but at the same time it's not like it was possible to chain it because of the exorbitant pricing.

Tried once, will never do it again and it's sad :'(
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
The mod cost should scale with the level of map in the device.

Why should these mods only get to be used on 78 maps. Zana is poorly designed.
"
Zaanus wrote:

This is an excellent thought, however if the cost where lower for say 66 maps, then the system would turn perverted.

People would chain 66 maps for the league only unique's and to chance items looted in them.

Just saying, this will happen automatically if you base the cost on map lvl and in no time people will complain "why can i only use it on 66 maps, the price of 78's sux".

The only way i could possibly see this work, is if the league only unique's get raised to item level 74+ drop's only for example. Then if you wanna grind the unique's of the mod, a price is attached to it, however if you just wanna play for lolz with the mods, the lower price can be opted for on 66 maps.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:
"
Zaanus wrote:

This is an excellent thought, however if the cost where lower for say 66 maps, then the system would turn perverted.

People would chain 66 maps for the league only unique's and to chance items looted in them.

-Boem-

What exactly is the problem with this? There's no system perversion going on. This is EXACTLY how the system SHOULD work.

The prices at 78 are too high as well, but the fact that you'd be insane to use Zana's crafting on anything BUT a 78 is also a problem.

"
Zaanus wrote:
What exactly is the problem with this? There's no system perversion going on. This is EXACTLY how the system SHOULD work.

The prices at 78 are too high as well, but the fact that you'd be insane to use Zana's crafting on anything BUT a 78 is also a problem.

Economy. I thought that was obvious?

Imagine you loot a headhunter belt in rampage, what do you think that would sell for atm? 80 exalt's give or take?

A volls amulet that enables perma dischargers/physical immunity, 100 exalts? maybe more?

The whole economy game would flip to running 66 zana modified maps. And in return, the league's would be flooded with league restricted items.

Now consider that what some of these items enable and it should be clear that having the market flood with them would have harsh effect's on the content.

Peace,

-Boem-

note : i don't particularly mind about any of this, i am just playing the devils advocate here, from my point of view the game could be flooded with these items i wouldn't care less, but i imagine GGG has a different perspective on that.
Think of the pricier mods adding high implicit iiq. Large amounts as well. This is why onslaught is cheap.
They are creating a game for addicts, and where even the nolifing addicts only get to experience the good stuff every now and then, even those get too little. It's starvation mode extreme in path of exile, fuck the player just control them from a statistics point of what is possible if you are a machine with no emotion, just addiction and farm farm, potential players not accounted for. Look at this zana bench. Wow, we can play past leagues now for a fee! That's great! Oh wait, they price it ridiculously high such that it won't become an integral part of the game, just something you can do if you are up for wasting that currency which you already can't get enough of just to gear.

You play other games like D2 and people are not like in path of exile. In path of exile, everyone can't get what they need, so instead of having what they need and able to give away, most people become selfish retards whose always thinking about getting more and how they can get more. They are some greedy fucks in path of exile due to that very reason, it's because the game leads them to become like that, it starves them brings out the negative sides in players.

Then go play something like grim dawn for some lulz, which reminds me of D2. I was testing multiplayer with a friend and left it on by mistake.. so i came back into the game after a long afk and some random guy was there. He checked out my gear and such and then gave me 2-3 proper items well suited for me etc, i asked him if he needed any and he said he needed some axe, i added him and so on. That's because the game promotes fun, and not frustration, greed and other negative emotions. Would never happen in path. Well, technically it might, but the chance is so slim it's unfathomable. In grim dawn it was the first time i left a public game open and that happened.

God, i'm just so furious with GGG's inability to fathom how they are treating people like a statistics and destroying the game in the process for all but the hardcore addicts and those who haven't experienced it enough to realize it.

Honestly, it's not even worth pointing it out, they just don't care about that, at all. They apparently want the game like this and fuck anyone who thinks it isn't the best form of it, they just don't really seem to burn for making this game great from a players and from the gaming community's perspective. And no i'm not talking about you that are willing to put up with being treated like whatever, or those in the top 50 of players that really get the most out of it,i'm talking about the 95% of the potential community that isn't playing this game, that stopped playing this game, or is trying to find motivation to play the game.

/Rant over
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Oct 19, 2014, 10:23:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info