Just did Zana's Nemesis map mod...

Buying Nemesis map mod is only worth it if you both have massive magic find and the price for the Nemesis-exclusive items are high enough.

It is not done for experience, it is merely an economical tool.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
I've already answered that statement. You *always* get something in return. The unique item potential is a bonus. You're raising the odds of finding items substantially. I did the beyond mod to get the challenge while in rampage, and succeeding after 3 maps. A void battery also dropped, from a beyond boss.

Just because you was incredibly lucky doesn't make your statement right. Spending 2 ex and coming back with 1x 77 map and 4 alterations isn't what i call something in return.
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
I agree completely with Clive btw. I usually just consider GGG's stance in the mater and go from there, ignoring my own personal thought about it, since it's irrelevant to what is actually happening in-game.

Also slayer is correct on the counter-argument, if map-mods where to be revised, more risk vs reward could be implemented.

If i am not mistaken scrotiemcb made a thread revising the map mods and he came up with some very good concept's on how to enhance them and make them more difficult.

However, personally i consider GGG incapable of raising the map difficulty any further simply because what the client shows is not accurate, as long as this is the case GGG is operating with an injury. crippled sort of speak in there design and further development.

And yes, from a personal view i understand your concerns and issue with this Kagari, however from a macro economic and GGG's viewpoint i can not.

I could personally get behind the "make it map lvl appropriate cost" concept, as in making it cheaper for 66 maps, but then the league restricted unique's need to be locked behind a high itemlevel in order to not impact the current flow of the game to much.

This would however be in line with your's and clive's thought, as in paying a little fee to actually experience that content just for the content, no economic motivation, which i agree should be an option for players. Currently this is not the case.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Kagari wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
I've already answered that statement. You *always* get something in return. The unique item potential is a bonus. You're raising the odds of finding items substantially. I did the beyond mod to get the challenge while in rampage, and succeeding after 3 maps. A void battery also dropped, from a beyond boss.

Just because you was incredibly lucky doesn't make your statement right. Spending 2 ex and coming back with 1x 77 map and 4 alterations isn't what i call something in return.

And just because you failed doesn't make the blanket statement that it socks true either. *IF* I was in std, I still would have profited from 2/3 maps just from map drops. Like I said though, It highly depends on the map mod, and how it was rolled.

E: I'm not saying they couldn't have the price change based on map lvl, or some other tactic. Just that it's not as black and white of a thing as many believe. The value isn't entirely derived from the potential unique. Which many seem to think is the case.
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Oct 20, 2014, 7:58:25 AM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
They are creating a game for addicts, and where even the nolifing addicts only get to experience the good stuff every now and then, even those get too little. It's starvation mode extreme in path of exile, fuck the player just control them from a statistics point of what is possible if you are a machine with no emotion, just addiction and farm farm, potential players not accounted for. Look at this zana bench. Wow, we can play past leagues now for a fee! That's great! Oh wait, they price it ridiculously high such that it won't become an integral part of the game, just something you can do if you are up for wasting that currency which you already can't get enough of just to gear.

You play other games like D2 and people are not like in path of exile. In path of exile, everyone can't get what they need, so instead of having what they need and able to give away, most people become selfish retards whose always thinking about getting more and how they can get more. They are some greedy fucks in path of exile due to that very reason, it's because the game leads them to become like that, it starves them brings out the negative sides in players.

Then go play something like grim dawn for some lulz, which reminds me of D2. I was testing multiplayer with a friend and left it on by mistake.. so i came back into the game after a long afk and some random guy was there. He checked out my gear and such and then gave me 2-3 proper items well suited for me etc, i asked him if he needed any and he said he needed some axe, i added him and so on. That's because the game promotes fun, and not frustration, greed and other negative emotions. Would never happen in path. Well, technically it might, but the chance is so slim it's unfathomable. In grim dawn it was the first time i left a public game open and that happened.

God, i'm just so furious with GGG's inability to fathom how they are treating people like a statistics and destroying the game in the process for all but the hardcore addicts and those who haven't experienced it enough to realize it.

Honestly, it's not even worth pointing it out, they just don't care about that, at all. They apparently want the game like this and fuck anyone who thinks it isn't the best form of it, they just don't really seem to burn for making this game great from a players and from the gaming community's perspective. And no i'm not talking about you that are willing to put up with being treated like whatever, or those in the top 50 of players that really get the most out of it,i'm talking about the 95% of the potential community that isn't playing this game, that stopped playing this game, or is trying to find motivation to play the game.

/Rant over

So true, in d2 you could get free shit all the time, because people weren't so god damn greedy because there was no point to greed, people are also very generous with drops in grim dawn multiplier, its very amazing to remember my d2 times, and how much time i spent farming with friends and we would share and care for helping each other with loots, in poe i dont have this feeling at all i feel like i cant give anything (I still do :) which is why I am always poor :) ) and that nobody is there to help, only a very few, in poe everything is expensive, and no one can aford giving and sharing,( unless you want to be stuck with a 4link, i just spend 400+fuse TRYING TO FUCKING 5l...i ended up asking my friend to try and she got it in like 20...rng is too much in poe hence people dont share.

not since they fucked up recipes, which let people farm in groups, now those recipes are DEAD and farming in group is... boring boss grinding... i miss sharing, d2 gave me this, poe use too, but not anymore.

+1 ( I love grim dawn feel :) haven't felt such intense d2 vibe in a long time. )
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
"
Boem wrote:
"
Zaanus wrote:
What exactly is the problem with this? There's no system perversion going on. This is EXACTLY how the system SHOULD work.

The prices at 78 are too high as well, but the fact that you'd be insane to use Zana's crafting on anything BUT a 78 is also a problem.

Economy. I thought that was obvious?

Imagine you loot a headhunter belt in rampage, what do you think that would sell for atm? 80 exalt's give or take?

A volls amulet that enables perma dischargers/physical immunity, 100 exalts? maybe more?

The whole economy game would flip to running 66 zana modified maps. And in return, the league's would be flooded with league restricted items.

Now consider that what some of these items enable and it should be clear that having the market flood with them would have harsh effect's on the content.

Peace,

-Boem-

note : i don't particularly mind about any of this, i am just playing the devils advocate here, from my point of view the game could be flooded with these items i wouldn't care less, but i imagine GGG has a different perspective on that.

Just like how we have an overload of shavs from people chaining 66 maps, right?

-----

The longer problems like these stagnate, the less and less i think GGG actually gives a fuck. Back in 2012 i would have never even considered that GGG didn't give a fuck even when they made serious fuckups. Now? There are simply too many things they have left the way they are for extremely long periods of time, and their game design philosophy in 2014 is nowhere near the quality it was a few years ago. I honestly feel like the GGG from a few years ago would have prioritized updates and changes much differently than they do now.
Last edited by Xendran on Oct 20, 2014, 7:19:02 PM
From patch note : "Zana map mods have had their prices adjusted. Ambush, Nemesis and Domination have had their prices reduced. Anarchy and Invasion have had their prices reduced and now grant 16% increased item quantity. Onslaught has had its price increased."

They can't price stuff at half ex, so my bet is like 1 ex Nemesis, and onslaught bumped to way oo expensive.

I'm 99% sure it will still be way too expensive but let's hope.
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info