Just did Zana's Nemesis map mod...

Do I need to find the droprate tables of some items in D2 for ya? Haven't played grim dawn though. Waiting til it's released.
"
Boem wrote:
"
Zaanus wrote:
What exactly is the problem with this? There's no system perversion going on. This is EXACTLY how the system SHOULD work.

The prices at 78 are too high as well, but the fact that you'd be insane to use Zana's crafting on anything BUT a 78 is also a problem.

Economy. I thought that was obvious?

Imagine you loot a headhunter belt in rampage, what do you think that would sell for atm? 80 exalt's give or take?

A volls amulet that enables perma dischargers/physical immunity, 100 exalts? maybe more?

The whole economy game would flip to running 66 zana modified maps. And in return, the league's would be flooded with league restricted items.

Now consider that what some of these items enable and it should be clear that having the market flood with them would have harsh effect's on the content.

Peace,

-Boem-

note : i don't particularly mind about any of this, i am just playing the devils advocate here, from my point of view the game could be flooded with these items i wouldn't care less, but i imagine GGG has a different perspective on that.

Having a few uniques be more a bit more available will not ruin an economy. I played quite a bit in nemesis and never even found a headhunters through hundreds and hundreds of maps.

Imagine paying say 2c a pop for that "privilege".
Fact is finding endgame gear and building/decking out characters was something you went through in 1-4 months per character rather than 1-4 years.

Say whatever the fuck you want, that was the reality, and no, i never botted, but yes, i did benefit from the botters through the economy. That game new ladder seasons were like damn son lets get it on and have a blast, level up a char gear it out it pretty sick gear, then maybe do 1-2 more characters, then wait for new season etc. Basically progressing more, having more satisfaction and fun, and then when league end comes, repeat it all over..

This is not the path of exile way, most that play their character to reach any top gear level play standard in order to have a shot at that dream in the longer run, but at the same time that satisfaction which in diablo is packed in 1-4 months is spread over 1-4 years of repetive unrewarding farming of unbalanced content where you go from complete facerolling eyesclosed 97% time to die in 1-3 seconds the rest of the time. Here things are so heavy, like being inside of a svamp, its not engaging it's demanding your energy to play it. Given that extremely slow development, deaths penalize you much harder as well, when everything becomes so unrewarding and the game seems to even degress your progress at often times, from an experience and a currency standpoint, it becomes a game suited for very few.

Now, d2 may have been too rewarding(and yes there were a few things exceedingly rare), but path of exile surely is far less underrewarding than d2 was overrewarding. Look i've played many unrewarding games, and there used to be a time when i didn't know better, but i do now, and playing games not well suited for life is not a good thing, nor is it a good goal for a game to become such a one.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Oct 19, 2014, 10:42:43 PM
Those mod prices are way too high. First of all not everyone is richy rich. I never even found but 1 exa this season. But I can generate almost unlimited Chaos. Should all be priced in chaos as Chaos relates directly to time invested no RNG. Not to Mention would be a good chaos sink this game desperately needs.

Even if trade all my choas, sales, and other currency for exalts (which I do) generating about 25-50ex a season I use it to buy actual fucking gear. NOT run map mods.

Only the very elite of traders/flippers will bother.

Again GGG catering to the .01% and its bullshit.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 20, 2014, 12:07:45 AM
"
Zaanus wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
"
Zaanus wrote:
What exactly is the problem with this? There's no system perversion going on. This is EXACTLY how the system SHOULD work.

The prices at 78 are too high as well, but the fact that you'd be insane to use Zana's crafting on anything BUT a 78 is also a problem.

Economy. I thought that was obvious?

Imagine you loot a headhunter belt in rampage, what do you think that would sell for atm? 80 exalt's give or take?

A volls amulet that enables perma dischargers/physical immunity, 100 exalts? maybe more?

The whole economy game would flip to running 66 zana modified maps. And in return, the league's would be flooded with league restricted items.

Now consider that what some of these items enable and it should be clear that having the market flood with them would have harsh effect's on the content.

Peace,

-Boem-

note : i don't particularly mind about any of this, i am just playing the devils advocate here, from my point of view the game could be flooded with these items i wouldn't care less, but i imagine GGG has a different perspective on that.

Having a few uniques be more a bit more available will not ruin an economy. I played quite a bit in nemesis and never even found a headhunters through hundreds and hundreds of maps.

Imagine paying say 2c a pop for that "privilege".

You're paying for the both privilege and the implicit iiq. Depending on the mod, it's like adding magic/pack/rare size. Which we all know is amazing.

Now, certain ones, rampage specifically, I think were added a) because they had to b) because it allows people to get cross league challenges done while staying in their own league. When rampage ends, do i think it would *ever* be worth 3ex? Hell no. However, if beyond doesn't transfer in some form, that one may be worth it. You add a lot of drops, and with high lvl maps being so expensive in std, it's most likely worth the cost.
In a real game, you'd be able to throw these mods on maps to make them more fun, interesting, and challenging. The downside of applying them would be that you may not be able to finish the map because they were designed to be difficult.

However, in the PoE world, that is not the case. Everything is designed around time sinks and protecting the all mighty economy. You can't ever have more fun for nothing. You must pay for it.

Don't even get me started on the fact maps themselves are finite as well, so let the almighty time sink of RNG begin! Maybe you can play maps and have fun or maybe you'll have to grind boring shit that is super easy. It all depends on 'dat RNG.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on Oct 20, 2014, 12:28:13 AM
"
In a real game, you'd be able to throw these mods on maps to make them more fun, interesting, and challenging. The downside of applying them would be that you may not be able to finish the map because they were designed to be difficult.

However, in the PoE world, that is not the case. Everything is designed around time sinks and protecting the all mighty economy. You can't ever have more fun for nothing. You must pay for it.

Don't even get me started on the fact maps themselves are finite as well, so let the almighty time sink of RNG begin! Maybe you can play maps and have fun or maybe you'll have to grind boring shit that is super easy. It all depends on 'dat RNG.

Pretty much this. That they don't see this is baffling.
"

This is more of a problem with the mods (mostly) not adding difficulty. If it were, I would agree.
"

Agree with this. Being able to play endgame content only when RNGsus wants you to is stupid but i won't argue more on this point.

I'm curious to know if the chance to get an old league unique is somewhat boosted when using these map mods.

Someone in this thread said he never had one dropped during Nemesis league.

-Be lucky to get a 78 map
-Be lucky to drop 2 ex during the league
-Be stupid enough like me to try this map mod
-Be lucky to have a unique drop
-Be lucky it's not the 798353564th gnarled branch

If a mod is that expensive, it has to get something in return. Paying to get nothing is another incredibly frustrating thing.
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
I've already answered that statement. You *always* get something in return. The unique item potential is a bonus. You're raising the odds of finding items substantially. I did the beyond mod to get the challenge while in rampage, and succeeding after 3 maps. A void battery also dropped, from a beyond boss.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info