Using armourer's scraps to link armor. Does it work?

Confirmed legit. 5 fusings, 5 links. I'm convinced.
Hopefully it helps...

(After nearly two years of playing I just had my first go at linking anything to greater than 4L. I didn't use scraps and after 527 fusings I now have 2 5L and a 4L. That did not go well for me, guess I'd better save up for another 2 years!)
I hope it works. I have been playing since 2011 (before launch, actually) and never 6-linked anything. I'm serious, LOL. Just spent 200 Armourer's Scraps and 50 Fuses for nothing again.
>> Allow Home and End keys to quickly travel through the Stash!!!
"
iGanc wrote:
Now I tried the quality trick and it takes only 20??? Maybe I'm just lucky!

Yes, you were lucky (or not, seeing how you needed much more fuse, for your previous attempts)

The variance in linking a few tens of pieces, is too high to make any conclusions. You'd need to compare the linking of a few thousands of items, between using scraps and not using scraps, to get some serious results out of it.

I use scraps only in some rare occasions, on white items. (mostly has to do with the fact that I need scraps & whetstones for chisel recipe)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Dec 25, 2015, 10:28:58 AM
I dont like using scraps because I dont like how you have to spam it and then use fus and then again scraps.
I have tried to link 3 items.
5 link in ~ 180 fus
6 link in ~ 180 fus
6 link in ~ 20 fus (lol carcass jack)

"
The variance in linking a few tens of pieces, is too high to make any conclusions. You'd need to compare the linking of a few thousands of items, between using scraps and not using scraps, to get some serious results out of it.

You dont have. it is confirmed that linking items with quality is better than linking non quality items.
Chris about linking quality items:
"
Chris wrote:

It's far more effective than people realise, I think.

Chris about linking 20 quality items:
"
Chris wrote:

It's certainly more than double!

I wish there was machine where you put item, fusings and scraps, click "get 5-link" or "get 6-link" and watch how links change and your currency is melting. So you don't have to do it manualy.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Dec 25, 2015, 11:19:07 AM
Well, GGG said Vorici's 1500 fuses for a guaranteed 6L is slightly more expensive than the average amount needed to do it by hand. They also said quality on items (slightly) more than doubles the odds of getting a 6L.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

What else are people saving scraps for?
@OP: Reading the text on these orbs would answer your question I believe. :)

Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
markus7 wrote:
I hope it works. I have been playing since 2011 (before launch, actually) and never 6-linked anything. I'm serious, LOL. Just spent 200 Armourer's Scraps and 50 Fuses for nothing again.

Same here, so I just flip currency for Auto 6L recipe
No Problem,
Exile
Yes. less than 60 fusings

Spoiler

but rng is rng
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info