Using armourer's scraps to link armor. Does it work?

So, I was just messing around. I've heard both ways that making your armor quality before linking improves the chance of scoring more links. I've always been skeptical..

So, I just want to share I tried this with my armor right now. Made it 20% quality before each link, and it took literally 20 fusings to make a 5 link.

Has this been confirmed, or just tin-foil hat conspiracy? I do find it amusing it took me only 20 fusings.. where when I tried to link my 6 socket Belly of the Beast, it took 219 fusings, and my bow took 198 fusings, both were 5 linked. Now I tried the quality trick and it takes only 20??? Maybe I'm just lucky!

Anyone have insight on this?

here's my armor:
Spoiler
Chris confirmed it improves the odds, and by quite a bit. We don't have exact numbers, though. Honestly, I don't think it's cost effective with regards to time and cost of scraps - except on WHITE ITEMS.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Oct 18, 2014, 8:34:12 PM
As soon as that patch came in i started testing it out and i can't give numbers but i can say that it's a VERY SUBSTANTIAL CHANGE !!! For a long time now I always do this even when 4 linking gloves or boots .

It's the most noticable with jewlers . Getting a 6 socket is a fucking pain sometimes but if you q20% first i ususa;ly get it in under 20 jewlers pretty consistantly.

Again i can't give numbers to back this up but from my personal experience it's a no brainer , do it for sure . Especaly since you find so many of them and ususaly have stacks and stacks of them laying around.

Edit: P.s. yes 20 is lucky , i would not say scraps change the odds that much , but any odd change in your favor is worth it with things like this IMO
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
Last edited by SirSid on Oct 18, 2014, 8:44:25 PM
Pretty sure the increased chance only applies while the item has the quality. Once that try has been made, and the quality "used up," the chance reverts to normal. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I Quality my gear when i tried to link it this season and got my first 6link made and a 5link all within 2 stacks of fusings.

Yes it works but RNG is RNG
**Iv said it once ill say it again if someone doesnt have a peice of gear that went legacy you _____________________________clearly didnt want to play the build at the time it was OP.**__________________
Never use quality. I've linked at least 20 different 6Ls so far. Had maybe 10~ <50 fuse.

Also some sob stories, being 2.5k to 6l a chest, and 3.7k to 6l a shavs.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
Last edited by Skyforth on Oct 19, 2014, 1:33:31 AM
"
xRoque wrote:
I Quality my gear when i tried to link it this season and got my first 6link made and a 5link all within 2 stacks of fusings.

Yes it works but RNG is RNG

I had 5 stacks of fus, and every use of fus is a 20q armor,
(not even a 5l)
well rng is rng i guess
Last edited by internetTOUGHGUY123 on Oct 19, 2014, 4:28:02 AM
RNG is Unbribeable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
As long as we don't know the actual chance increase, there will be no clear answer to this question.

Honestly, I've use armor scraps (3-4 per try to 5-6 link) and I haven't seen a significant difference compared to before Rampage. Mainly because a chance increase doesn't change RNG into something else...

You can use all the scraps you want and still fail at 5-6 linking stuff.
Also, applying scraps to the item before each linking attempt is just tedious design...
Yes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info