JakeAlmightys LL Tank Wander - prepping for Hall of GRANDMASTERS! updated WIP

"
Ceratoidei wrote:
Cold Penetration just came up my mind...
if you run hatred it could be insane

But just for Elemental Hit/PS
Barrage is not able to freeze anything

Yeah. I've been looking at it, I think Elemental Hit is just better. Option for hatred as well (though if you roll cold on the hit you don't even need it tbh and you will do soem insane freezing.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
I'm just thinking about the dudes hitting flasks when you face them

With Penetration you get 2* more dps compared to a 85% Flask Up Dude
"
Ceratoidei wrote:
I'm just thinking about the dudes hitting flasks when you face them

With Penetration you get 2* more dps compared to a 85% Flask Up Dude

http://tinyurl.com/nthzaz7 this is a slightly modified version of the no-PCoC tree.

includes the life we need to be safe while casting Blood Rage, and now also includes the points to allow projectiles to Pierce.

it's a little bit lower crit chance, but if we chose to use Elemental hit it actually has a giant increased crit multiplier on it from quality.

This still doesn't include the Crystal skin cluster, one option to pick that up would be to drop the BM gem from the Blood Rage link (eliminating the need for any bonus life, so saving 5 pts) and put 3 of them down there.
great work thus far, Jake. very impressive!
IGN: BaiBhai | BhaiBhai | Bhailo

Solid/10, gj jake.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABA5YFtQbpCSEJoAx9DXwQexB_EQ8RLxSwFVAXLxmKGo8dFB2qHoEi6iSwJ2Eo-ioLKwovbzB8Oyg_c0ZxRwZJUUuNTC1PfVFHUWBSDVXWV8lb91xrXypfamBDYqxk52znbWxuPW-ecFJwu3RVdwd-4n8rgFaApIIegseDCYRIhtGHE4hCjb-PRo_6mZqaYZuhm7WcpJ2qna6nCKmVrJi0DLTFtUi29746vu7BAMHFwuzDOsNtxp7HyslEykrOcNDQ1orZE9o92xrb5-GI5wvndOjW6rrrY-wY8NXzvvPq9Uv22vbn99f56PrS-wn_HA==

There's my suggestion.

Here's what it has:
-drops the power charge focus, for the reasons people have mentioned about how its effect is so diminished against block/evasion/dodge characters. (then again, they might be lol-1-hit-ko'd by vaal power siphon anyway, so who know..)
-uses the rerouting between the witch and shadow areas suggested by acme_myst on page 1.
-keeps both of the eva/ES nodes formerly used as connectors. (meaning, the notable and four normal nodes are all kept)
-the crit chance nodes are flipped around so they can be accessed from Quickness.
-the two 6% life nodes next to Blood Drinker are taken. (Blood Drinker could be added also, depending on how much physical dps you do with barrage.. might be a good idea against people with minion instability meat shields/RSs)
-Written in Blood and the ES/life node connecting it to the path.
-Might, the +30 str node between the templar and witch areas.

There's also probably room to drop Written in Blood and the ES/life node in favor of an extra 40% crit chance. Or you could switch out two of the eva/ES nodes for the same crit nodes.

Also, wouldn't Elemental Equilibrium be a good idea for this build? You're covering all the damage types to some extent, and so it should lead to an overall increase, right?

Another option would be to take two nodes from either the eva/ES or ES/life nodes and put them in the 8% projectile damage node and the Sniper notable next to it, for 28% projectile damage and 10% projectile speed.

Derp, forgot to account for the wand damage per power charge node up at the top... anyway, this, plus some change from that, should be good.
Last edited by seedmole on Oct 18, 2014, 4:09:56 PM
- I don't think you will be able to switch to Elemental Hit as easily as you think. The mana cost on that ability is like triple. ALL your sources of life and mana leech are based of physical damage, so you can scratch that as well. Tempest Blast won't do anything. You'll need a new wand, etc.

- On your latest tree you'll save a node if you connect up from Inner Force instead of at the top next to CI.

- If you are playing with PCoC Heart Seeker might be better than True Strike.

- Why not just use a manual Enduring Cry with Spell Echo? Could Vaal +1 Charge on the belt. This would give at least some defense against physical spells and "Hits can't be evaded" builds. Also overcaps resists to help vs -Resist curses to some extent.
Last edited by Kabushiki on Oct 18, 2014, 5:56:10 PM
thank you guys,

ok this tree is a blend of suggestions -

http://tinyurl.com/lyzlo23

I cut out Fusillade as this is playing without PCoC now
I added Crystal Skin cluster and the Pierce chance 30% cluster (3 pts each)
I fixed the routing to save a point.

That actually has one open point now to be added somewhere. (we respec out of power charge bandit so gain a full pointed tree)

It is working under the assumption that JUST Written in Blood nodes are enough to fix the life. Athleticism was 10% and short 7 unreserved life, 12% might get there or might be just short, not sure. Those two points could be swapped into Blooddrinker to get 14% for the same cost, but losing the other benefits of written in blood. (but also gaining a few % of physical leech)

Elemental Equilibrium might be good, I've never tried it with this build. (only ever on a fire/ice CoC setup)

re: elemental hit.

I didn't think it actually removed your physical damage, does it? It's not like Piscator, it just adds a big chunk of elemental damage to the attack. SO yes, you're missing out on the Increased Physical dmg % part of one of the other skills, but you're still getting a ton of phys from your wand, from your flat phys modifiers, etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong - I haven't used the thing in a long time now and I never did use it much back then. As for the mana, yes it is definitely more expensive. I THINK there is enough room for it in the current mana reserve, I'll have to try it out. If we did switch over to an Alpha's Howl as was suggested earlier there would be plenty of room as you gain a ton of mana pool.
Last edited by JakeAlmighty on Oct 18, 2014, 7:02:12 PM
You're on the right track Jake, and you're going into this with the right attitude.

I guess i just don't understand what you are trying to achieve at this point. You've got one of the best PVE builds out right now with literally the BIS gear for the build so why not be content wrecking all the PVE guys that face your grandmaster submission with this build and call it a day?

Seems you are trying to create a sort of hybrid PVE/PVP build to combat everyone. As you pointed out grandmasters are never going to beat decent PVP builds so why try to combat them at all? Let submissions of pure PVP grandmaster builds deal with PVP toons and let your PVE build wreck the PVE guys.

I like how your creative process works, and look forward to whatever you end up submitting it's sure to be awesome and challenging regardless!

Side note: have you done any PVP combat to test things out? I'd think facing true PVP players would assist with your build and show you the weaknesses of your build against them to give you a better idea of what will and will not work.

"
I guess i just don't understand what you are trying to achieve at this point. You've got one of the best PVE builds out right now with literally the BIS gear for the build so why not be content wrecking all the PVE guys that face your grandmaster submission with this build and call it a day?

As it stands, his PvE build would get wrecked pretty hard by some of the popular puncture builds and perhaps some of the melee.

If you're building for Grandmasters then inherently you are building for PvP from the start =)
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info