humm a after tought (CoC discution inside)

I get a bigger FPS drop when I open a strong box than when I use my CoC, doing GMP Spectral Throw, with Ice Spear and Arc. The bigger problem for groups, I would think, would be the issue of the screen being a rainbow of color. Not being able to see enemies clearly.

I can see your / Back is turned and / If I could I'd / Stick my knife in.
Crawl Away, TOOL

Don't get hacked. Make a new email for your account and use a long password.
"
Daakutenshi wrote:
Hey all.

Im playing a CoC build. Like many of us i have my fair share of bad talk to me. 2 day ago i was in a daily Zana and first map someone start yelling at me saying CoC should be forbidend, how im noob.... ect...ect...

that guy was all rage on me on the first map, RIGHT as he start i say : ok i won't use CoC.

i sat in the back letting them kill and do the job.

On one map we need to tag stone to get increased time, That i can do. The one yelling at me (let say Mr.X) was still angry that we let a **noob** like me on they daily.

on the 6 map, he die 3 time and just sit there !

On the last map, Zana gave us a good one, Strand map, Time limit (increased by killing monster) and kill last boss.

We start, i don't want to cast since i don't want to bring hate on me. About 1 min inside the map, one of us was streaming and i hear it

-We need to clean faster guy, go ahead, do something

rest of the group stay behind him.

At that moment i can'T hold myself anymore... i just promply in the front (2-3 pack of mob ahead) and start doing what a CoC is best of : Clean PACK OF MOB.

Before i realise it im nearly at the last boss, other folow quite well in the back (can't kill much but they folow) Mr.X RAGE at me for **killing his FPS**.

Arrive at the boss, i hear the streamer say

--Geeze, CoC is a good build, even a great one. But you need to love the hate you get from that build.

That.... just make my day ! it's exactly how i feel. Love the build, will defend it again anything... but the hate it's generate it's unbelivable. Even sommuner don't have that much hate toward they build

QUESTION : is the build, OR the drop FPS (mean ether your computer, your internet or the game code)
Or more simple : WHAT stop you from playing with CoC. Lag, drop FPS, just don't like the
all shiny screen ????

Build is fine , the machine herpa derps ( fps below zero ) when I try to play it . Inc upgrade .
Last edited by skaterboy80 on Oct 17, 2014, 9:03:19 PM
Use LMP and only one spell, focus on projectile, weapon damage and crit chance, don't use chain or fork

You will not lag the others and be able to kill very fast

Focus on damage per hit, rather than number of hits
I actualy have a diffrent problem with CoC.

My computer is fine i can run with more than 1 CoC player and myself in a party just fine but i dislike the way it totaly trvializes most content. If you get 2 or 3 ranbow nukes in party with 1 hard hitting singile DPS player the game is just a joke , especialy when you start getting into totaly OP gear specs with it.

All in all id say most CoC builds are very good , if you have the CPU to handale it and want to blitz content ( i.e. farm fast like we all strive to ) it's a must play build at least to try it. Especialy if your computer can handale it it makes solo maps just so fast.
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
COC cycloner here, using flame surge + arc + pcoc + increased crit dam.
Clearing speed: Vagan is a pussy
Fps drops: None... Just only when I open a bloody S. Box
Am I a noob?: Probably, but I don't give a s....

"
kolton wrote:
and if you're running projectile based coc you can swap to arc + freezing pulse. Those skills don't drop the frame rate and don't clutter the screen (as much anyway).

Exactly what I use on CoC and I've yet to get a single complaint in the past 3 months.

Fire spells and discharge are what cause nearly all the lag issues.

Now imagine the amazingness of Discharge getting a 1 second cooldown XD
"
muhomorov wrote:
It´s not about a shitty PC. It´s about the gameengine being inefficient in what it does. Most people who suffer from HUGE fps drops are people, who can run games with better graphics than PoE (i.e. more taxing on hardware due to higher texture quality etc) at an acceptable framerate (>60 fps). Yet their machines fail to do so with PoE!

We all know that GGG decided to have an own engine for their game and the lead graphics developer left to work on other projects. GGG has no dedicated graphics developer and thus their graphics engine sucks (at the moment).

So PLEASE before you start bashing people for having shitty PCs, consider that PoE is not a well optimised game and even can run poorly on monster machines!

Another reason for people complaining, is that they feel different about framerates than you. For you 30FPS may be acceptable but for most players anything below 60FPS is almost unplayable.

In all fairness, it really has nothing to do with the engine. NO ENGINE can display that amount of shit. None. People bring up BF, crysis, etc. Those games are graphically taxing, BUT they don't really offer that amount of shit happening as fast as it does in regards to CoC discharge for example.

I've got videos I've kept up D3 doing the exact same thing. With less effects mind you. It's just flat out too many particles to render.
coc in my party = instant kick...

i played with few of them this league because of daily rotation.
But in party map NEVER
"
Alea wrote:
i see no solution to solve coc overload issue in group/party

They can put a particle limiter depending on skill/cast repetition amount.
Or better yet they can give a UI menu option to turn particles off.

Also for spell/skill effects that trigger too often, game may skip some visuals depending repetition.

There are many things that can be done.
Yesterday after a other **get away CoC your making me crash** (and he did crash actualy)

i decide to map only with my friend who is CoC lightning.

Map lvl 75, me : 85 and him 65 (he finish 70) and damn

NO-MAP-CAN-SURVIVE....

no HP/MANA regen : take flask with recharge 1 on crit
Reflect Ele : just don't take 10 pack in same time

rest = cake walk

we did (in 2 hours) done a lot of map and finish with

-3 exalt
-Maligaro glove (1% off max spec)
-like 20 other unique that i counld't care
-so much more currency

so XD CoC rock ass. Sorry if you can't support the cluster fuck, but as some point out, if you change some of your skill, it's actualy good after that.

So GGG could implement a particul option that limit these,
we could see like D3, Shadow of skill that other player are doing (instead of seeing them all)
Some party sould say no X or Y skill instead of wanting to ban all COC player

other tought ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info