humm a after tought (CoC discution inside)

"
torturo wrote:
How's called a person which joins a party, clearly knowing he'll bring discomfort to the rest, besides destroying their hardware in the process?

I guess it's called a kicked one, ignored one, and a punching bag for the rest in team in the short term he's allowed to stay in.

we can't assume every one is playing the game with the same hardware so we probably can't assume every one using coc knows its hard on the fps (in my case i ahve no prob with it)

I cannot accept player bashing coc user. Its not their fault and they can't do anything about it, its a limitation btw computer requirements and GGG poe engine.

coc is legit (if you havent tried its damn fun)and it sadden me that people are pushing their frustration toward the player intead of where the problem actually is...

on the other hand I could understand the frustration , and thats why I mostly play solo on my coc build.

in the worst case its important to settle the rules when you start grouping
"
Daakutenshi wrote:
Hey all.

Im playing a CoC build. Like many of us i have my fair share of bad talk to me. 2 day ago i was in a daily Zana and first map someone start yelling at me saying CoC should be forbidend, how im noob.... ect...ect...

that guy was all rage on me on the first map, RIGHT as he start i say : ok i won't use CoC.

i sat in the back letting them kill and do the job.

On one map we need to tag stone to get increased time, That i can do. The one yelling at me (let say Mr.X) was still angry that we let a **noob** like me on they daily.

on the 6 map, he die 3 time and just sit there !

On the last map, Zana gave us a good one, Strand map, Time limit (increased by killing monster) and kill last boss.

We start, i don't want to cast since i don't want to bring hate on me. About 1 min inside the map, one of us was streaming and i hear it

-We need to clean faster guy, go ahead, do something

rest of the group stay behind him.

At that moment i can'T hold myself anymore... i just promply in the front (2-3 pack of mob ahead) and start doing what a CoC is best of : Clean PACK OF MOB.

Before i realise it im nearly at the last boss, other folow quite well in the back (can't kill much but they folow) Mr.X RAGE at me for **killing his FPS**.

Arrive at the boss, i hear the streamer say

--Geeze, CoC is a good build, even a great one. But you need to love the hate you get from that build.

That.... just make my day ! it's exactly how i feel. Love the build, will defend it again anything... but the hate it's generate it's unbelivable. Even sommuner don't have that much hate toward they build

QUESTION : is the build, OR the drop FPS (mean ether your computer, your internet or the game code)
Or more simple : WHAT stop you from playing with CoC. Lag, drop FPS, just don't like the
all shiny screen ????

sorry but CoC is widely known to be blacklisted by players. its the FPS killer. too lag too play with such player
Race? Season points? Nah. Not my thing.
Last edited by SicariusOblente on Oct 17, 2014, 12:27:53 PM
"
Alea wrote:
Play with your CoC if you want, but do it alone/solo

Agreed, playing with your CoC should be done in private.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Greatly depends on skills. a guildie was talking earlier about making CoC Cold snap next league (rest links supporting cold snap), I doubt that would be a frame killer.

@Alea: Nobody ever complained about my CoC cyclone.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Oct 17, 2014, 12:37:21 PM
"
Disrupted wrote:
Greatly depends on skills. a guildie was talking earlier about making CoC Cold snap next league (rest links supporting cold snap), I doubt that would be a frame killer.

On that topic, i found ethereal knives to be the best "team-friendly" CoC spec, but that was prior to the nerf of the spell for CoC usage. It's like the cleanest spell in the game to spam multiple times per second.

Also i was playing with a single EK linked in my set-up no 2/3 spell set-up so there might be that.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
^Yeah, I guess it was good... honestly I think the change was unnecessary, not all skills should feel the same. I liked how EK felt previously, like a heavy spell.
Oblivious
i love it,

if you have bad PC, blame the CoC guy and dodge the fack that your pc suck

Look, if i want to play with other, does that mean i need to change all my build (in fack that build clear most pack of mob faster that a lot of other build)

what you do when you go in a Zana daily and found out that one guy just keep dieing each time. he is a dead weight, by that logic since he is slowing the team we should kick him ?

we should then kick all low life build, hey they could die too you know

it just plain stupid. CoC is asome and saying that you should only play it alone make no sense at all. I think some people are juste jealous of that. Try it before wanting to destroy it :D

and still, i have a PC that is like 4-5 year old and im doing just fine :D if you find it cluster fuck, drop the graphic it help !

it's not the CoC fault :D ether GGG or the pc the other have. but if we play CoC then we can bare it easily.

just....stop trowing all rage at the CoC guy. He like that build, why could you not enjoy the free and fast XP it provide for you ? XD
You should probably mention what kind of setup you're running. For example, discharge firestorm is definitely going to get you into trouble, not only for fps drops but because of screen clutter. If you're running something like fakener spec you can swap to arc+cold snap or flame surge, and if you're running projectile based coc you can swap to ice spear+arc or freezing pulse. Those skills don't drop the frame rate and don't clutter the screen (as much anyway).
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
It´s not about a shitty PC. It´s about the gameengine being inefficient in what it does. Most people who suffer from HUGE fps drops are people, who can run games with better graphics than PoE (i.e. more taxing on hardware due to higher texture quality etc) at an acceptable framerate (>60 fps). Yet their machines fail to do so with PoE!

We all know that GGG decided to have an own engine for their game and the lead graphics developer left to work on other projects. GGG has no dedicated graphics developer and thus their graphics engine sucks (at the moment).

So PLEASE before you start bashing people for having shitty PCs, consider that PoE is not a well optimised game and even can run poorly on monster machines!

Another reason for people complaining, is that they feel different about framerates than you. For you 30FPS may be acceptable but for most players anything below 60FPS is almost unplayable.
"
muhomorov wrote:
It´s not about a shitty PC. It´s about the gameengine being inefficient in what it does. Most people who suffer from HUGE fps drops are people, who can run games with better graphics than PoE (i.e. more taxing on hardware due to higher texture quality etc) at an acceptable framerate (>60 fps). Yet their machines fail to do so with PoE!

We all know that GGG decided to have an own engine for their game and the lead graphics developer left to work on other projects. GGG has no dedicated graphics developer and thus their graphics engine sucks (at the moment).

So PLEASE before you start bashing people for having shitty PCs, consider that PoE is not a well optimised game and even can run poorly on monster machines!

Another reason for people complaining, is that they feel different about framerates than you. For you 30FPS may be acceptable but for most players anything below 60FPS is almost unplayable.

I think people should be mindful of whether or not they are ruining the game for others in team.

As for 30 FPS, it should never be acceptable, I find it ridiculous that anyone even dares accept this outside of turn-based games.
On an action packed game you dont want to ever go below 60 fps, this is a pc game, not a console game that is pushing the hardware to the limit in order to get sales based on looks.
In fact, it should not be acceptable on consoles either, gameplay is more important than graphics, some people however are so used to be fucked by some corporations that they actually think that is normal... I remember back when console games ran smooth too, nowadays its getting sacrificed to deceive the ignorant crowd.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Oct 17, 2014, 3:17:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info