I'm sorry guys, but this just has to be said

"
BARL wrote:
I just don't get why every one wants to get involved in "balance". TS is the best fun I have had in this game. Just incredibly fun to play. Isn't that the point? I have having FUN. Yet there is always someone out there that wants to take my fun away.

that's precisely the point.

I'm having tons of fun too, with my Burning Discharger. but that fun comes with a cost - which makes it even more fun to me.
you need to build very carefully towards the point where you literally blow-up whole packs of monsters. gear carefully (and with stuff that are not BiS by a long shot).
and there's a downside, because you play a very risky style where you constantly get in the face of huge packs, that can do anything from stun-lock, to perma-freeze to outright one-shot you.
but when it all comes together and the result is that walking Nuke of a character - it's so fun it's just difficult to describe really.

Tornado Shot? I put it into a Death's Harp bow I managed to get my trading hands on.
4-linked it with Lesser Multiple Projectiles, Phys Projectile Attack Damage, and Faster Projectiles.

Gravicius down in seconds. ripped through his huge ES in literally 2 shots.
Piety down in seconds. 1st shot took out all her initial-spawn portals.
well powerful but I already managed to do that previously, with a well-armed Dual Strike Flicker build. and a 4-l Death's Harp is a bit too much for this content.
but then ....
Dominus down in less than a minute. both phases. at least one of the shots doing almost 1/4 of his HP worth of damage.
Cruel Brutus - seconds.
Cruel Merveil - about a minute. both phases. all minions. both 2nd phase mini-bosses.
hmmm something is not right here.

and if we move back to the DS Flickerer who managed to replicate the first half of this ludicrous "tear down bosses your level - or higher - in seconds" journey, he actually had to get in their faces and take a couple hits.
the Tornado Shot Ranger? pew pew standing still from off-screen, almost completely out of harm's way.

it just trivialized the game with little to no effort on my part. even my skill tree is a simple SC Ranger start, and nothing specifically crafted for TS.
and it is fun to some extent, but it's short-term fun. like cheating.
long-term fun is where you need to work towards something then enjoy the result. watch the build and gem setups "grow with" your character, instead of an "I WIN" button vs. everything, in every stage of the game.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Oct 17, 2014, 2:47:18 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:
I'll say it very very quietly, so GGG don't hear:

Spoiler
Tornado Shot is overpowered as ....
that doesn't mean I'll stop using it of course, but right now it's a "god mode" skill. pretty unfair towards the beasties really.
I think it should progress slowly as you level the gem, and eventually become very powerful with the right supports.

right now, off-screen clearing whole screens with it on a 2-link with LMP - rares, bosses, Exiles and everything - in early game, just feels more than a bit ridiculous.

UPDATE: read post on page 4.

yes, it is a fucking problem for a pvp player like me to face a player who uses one skill and sits at the corner all day long
Race? Season points? Nah. Not my thing.
"
BARL wrote:
TS is the best fun I have had in this game. Just incredibly fun to play. Isn't that the point? I have having FUN. Yet there is always someone out there that wants to take my fun away.

Its not about 'taking the fun away'. Immortality always shines as funny, but its not that it should be given you 'for free' - it either should be able to reached close-to-impossible, or at best: not for truly 100% at all. Fun (should) end where the mind is completely lost its neccessity...

"
johnKeys wrote:
Tornado Shot? I put it into a Death's Harp bow I managed to get my trading hands on.
4-linked it with Lesser Multiple Projectiles, Phys Projectile Attack Damage, and Faster Projectiles.

Gravicius down in seconds. ripped through his huge ES in literally 2 shots.
Piety down in seconds. 1st shot took out all her initial-spawn portals.

But I wouldnt care about that 'constellation' too much. Its normal diff, and its close to where it even starts to be able to use (bow requirement = 32, 4-link = 28 etc). This 'edge', combined with a skill that IS designed as a 'floorkiller', does it really wonder anyone that it blows here?

"
johnKeys wrote:
but then ....
Dominus down in less than a minute. both phases. at least one of the shots doing almost 1/4 of his HP worth of damage.
Cruel Brutus - seconds.
Cruel Merveil - about a minute. both phases. all minions. both 2nd phase mini-bosses.
hmmm something is not right here.

Maybe it gets slightly out of balance as it levels, but: just compare it with a Geofri's Maul in combination with spectral throw and lmp - even after all that nerfs done: isnt it still not that less powerful?
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Cruel Brutus - seconds.

Normal and Cruel?

I Play only 2 month now but i´d call a build that can´t do this crap...
All of my nooblike selfbuilds could do that... don´t Need any OP Gear/Skill for it.

Normal/Cruel can not be "trivialised" because they are so freaking trivial if you take enough life from the tree and use a half decent weapon...
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
"
You're still at early game content, have you even tried burn prolif flameblast/etc builds? They have a even more ridiculous clear speed.

Lol johnkeys? He hasn't even done end game I'm sorry John but you die to porcupine golaiths LOL like you're pretty much saying

TS is OP as story mode merc hahaha.

Like as much as I hate being an elitist here man my god you have no experience.

PS he dies to the golaiths because hes a ''GLASS CANNON'' seriously his knowledge of the game is minimal at best.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Oct 17, 2014, 3:30:01 AM
"

Like as much as I hate being an elitist

do you?

I just wish someone reports you for trolling already.
I'd do it myself, but I'm just too merciful.

and this one was a pathetic attempt.
go take some lessons from BMBI how to do it right.
Last edited by johnKeys on Oct 17, 2014, 3:33:58 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:
"

do you?

Hah I'm not even trolling if I was trolling you would probably and likely be upset unless you are I'm actually being serious here for once. You have ZERO experience in doing end game maps John you die to most silliest things in the game; Like you have never probably have never passed 74+ maps.

And you have the nerve to want something nerf because HEY GUYS I want this thing nerfed cuz I killed cruel piety and General in 2 seconds that is very special it must be nerfed.

Argue with me go on do it the forum will likely agree with me if they've read your post before of you wanting shit nerfed.

You can't even retort against me lol all you do is assume I'm trolling because it's my daily routine most of the time but this time I'm fucking call you out.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Oct 17, 2014, 3:35:56 AM
"
"
johnKeys wrote:
"

do you?

Hah I'm not even trolling if I was trolling you would probably and likely be upset unless you are I'm actually being serious here for once. You have ZERO experience in doing end game maps John you die to most silliest things in the game; Like you have never probably have never passed 74+ maps.

And you have the nerve to want something nerf because HEY GUYS I want this thing nerfed cuz I killed cruel piety and General in 2 seconds that is very special it must be nerfed.

Argue with me go on do it the forum will likely agree with me if they've read your post before of you wanting shit nerfed.

You can't even retort against me lol all you do is assume I'm trolling because it's my daily routine most of the time but this time I'm fucking call you out.

LOL
I love teddy bears.
@I_NO

to call someone out, you need minimal knowledge about them.
if you did have that knowledge about me, you wouldn't write stupid things like "Like you have never probably have never passed 74+ maps". hell, you didn't even need to meet me in-game to know that. all you needed, was read my posts explicitly stating I was doing top-tier maps with a group in mid Open Beta, and can right now probably solo a white 76 with my Standard League "Puncture is OP" main.

but you know? let's forget that for a sec.

how does my supposed "lack of end-game knowledge" remotely relate to a discussion about Tornado Shot being overpowered as a stand-alone skill in early game?
oh sorry, you didn't know I was talking about early game. because you never. fucking. read.

you're not "calling me out".
you're annoying me like a very tenacious mosquito, and making yourself look stupid in the process.
Last edited by johnKeys on Oct 17, 2014, 3:46:35 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:
@I_NO

to call someone out, you need minimal knowledge about them.
if you did have that knowledge about me, you wouldn't write stupid things like "Like you have never probably have never passed 74+ maps". hell, you didn't even need to meet me in-game to know that. all you needed, was read my posts explicitly stating I was doing top-tier maps with a group in mid Open Beta, and can right now probably solo a white 76 with my Standard League "Puncture is OP" main.

but you know? let's forget that for a sec.

how does my supposed "lack of end-game knowledge" remotely relate to a discussion about Tornado Shot being overpowered as a stand-alone skill in early game?
oh sorry, you didn't know I was talking about early game. because you never. fucking. read.

you're not "calling me out".
you're annoying me like a very tenacious mosquito, and making yourself look stupid in the process.

You couldn't even retort =/ all you did was insult her.
I love teddy bears.
Last edited by Stygian_Doll on Oct 17, 2014, 3:47:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info