I'm sorry guys, but this just has to be said

I'm curious, how do you offscreen kill mobs with this skill? as it explodes at your curser and 90% of the arrows go side ways or backwards?

Not that its an issue, can do that with any skill just about with any decent weapon.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
Hyskoa wrote:
No worries, everything that is even remotely viable or fun without 10+ exalts will get nerfed as soon as possible.

It's called "balancing the game" and the very same thing is happening in every game from Counterstrike over WoW to League of Legends: the devs introduce a new thing/weapon/mechanic in to the game but since having that new thing/weapon/mechanic tested by 100 testers or 100.000 players isn't nearly the same, they have to first let that new thing/weapon/mechanic in the game for a while to see what those 100.000 people do with it and what kind of an impact it has on the grand scale.

When they gather enough feedback and data on the actual situation, they can also balance that new thing/weapon/mechanic much better which they then do, usually to the dismay of thousands of players who got used to the initial imbalanced version. No need to take my word for it, just check out any popular game forum and you'll see it there too :)
"
MasterAxe wrote:
I'm curious, how do you offscreen kill mobs with this skill? as it explodes at your curser and 90% of the arrows go side ways or backwards?

Not that its an issue, can do that with any skill just about with any decent weapon.

Bingo.
"
Tom7i wrote:
"
Hyskoa wrote:
the devs introduce a new thing/weapon/mechanic in to the game but since having that new thing/weapon/mechanic tested by 100 testers or 100.000 players isn't nearly the same, they have to first let that new thing/weapon/mechanic in the game for a while to see what those 100.000 people do with it and what kind of an impact it has on the grand scale.

For more info, see my signature below.
I agree with the OP that tornado shot is too strong. It outclasses almost every bow skill.

For example, I have an elemental archer that uses attack speed and auras for damage. He's level 78 and is pretty tanky and clears at a reasonable rate.
Before using tornado shot, I used 2 4L's:
Single target: Barrage + faster attacks + weapon ele + faster projectiles
Aoe: Split arrow + chain + faster attacks + weapon ele

Recently, I put tornado shot + GMP + faster attacks + weapon ele in instead of my barrage to test it.

And what do you know, it not only does more single target DPS, but does more AoE dps than my split arrow setup. And I don't use pierce at all (yet).

It's much much stronger than any bow skill I've used before.

Builds that prolif (like the ice shot ones) need a single target skill, like puncture or frenzy.

Split arrow also usually needs this single target skill.

Tornado shot doesn't need either of these, and does everything better on its own.

I think a 10% damage effectiveness reduction at all levels might be appropriate, as a start.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Last edited by zSavage on Oct 16, 2014, 12:53:43 PM
"
zSavage wrote:
I have an elemental archer that uses attack speed and auras for damage. He's level 78 and is pretty tanky and clears at a reasonable rate.

Elemental attack builds are in a sad state right now when compared to casters or the physical craziness that's going on with bows and daggers. I'm glad to see bows finally getting the buff they deserve, but many skills/builds have been nerfed too far.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
GGG my normal attack is one shotting mobs plz nerf it so it deals 10% of base damage and reflects back 500% of your dps back to you.

All I hear is nerf nerf nerf and crying, stop using it then and use your favorite skill.
Closed Beta Member.
I leveled up a ranger on rampage to get the rampage killstreak challenge and to kill atziri with it, used puncture and tornado shot and not a single time did I think it was OP. Its good, but I wouldnt say OP. If I were to level a ranger again, I probably would have gone with split arrow instead. At lvl 79 my tornado dps with gmp was 12k, my puncture 36k. Pure deeps build.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Anyone who's arguing that Tornado Shot is not OP is deluding themselves.
- Range
- High base dmg ( ROA is childplay in comparison)
- Initial hit auto-pierce
- SHOTGUN
- Full physical

Pls name attacks that can shotgun in the game ( hint: there are only 2, one of them is melee and part elemental )
"
CrazylikE wrote:
I leveled up a ranger on rampage to get the rampage killstreak challenge and to kill atziri with it, used puncture and tornado shot and not a single time did I think it was OP. Its good, but I wouldnt say OP. If I were to level a ranger again, I probably would have gone with split arrow instead. At lvl 79 my tornado dps with gmp was 12k, my puncture 36k. Pure deeps build.

And now, multiply that gmp dps by 3 or 4 for typical dps (shoots 5 additional shots, plus the auto pierce), and then multiply it by 6 for maximum dps (if you get lucky, all 6 shots will hit).
That's 36k dps if you miss the auto pierce (ie. you aren't aiming), 48k if you hit it, and upwards of 72k (precisely 2 times your puncture sheet dps) if you hit with all of them.

And this is all assuming you didn't have the uber corrupts of +1 arrow (and it's really fun when you have one of those, plus Death's Harp mid-game).

For single target, lmp is better, i feel, as the reduction is much less, and it's more likely that you will get a larger portion of the arrows (and thus damage) on the target. But it doesn't have as much potential...it's more consistent.
Last edited by ShacoFinder on Oct 16, 2014, 3:28:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info