I'm sorry guys, but this just has to be said

"
Tom7i wrote:
"
Hyskoa wrote:
No worries, everything that is even remotely viable or fun without 10+ exalts will get nerfed as soon as possible.

It's called "balancing the game" and the very same thing is happening in every game from Counterstrike over WoW to League of Legends: the devs introduce a new thing/weapon/mechanic in to the game but since having that new thing/weapon/mechanic tested by 100 testers or 100.000 players isn't nearly the same, they have to first let that new thing/weapon/mechanic in the game for a while to see what those 100.000 people do with it and what kind of an impact it has on the grand scale.

When they gather enough feedback and data on the actual situation, they can also balance that new thing/weapon/mechanic much better which they then do, usually to the dismay of thousands of players who got used to the initial imbalanced version. No need to take my word for it, just check out any popular game forum and you'll see it there too :)

It's called overnerfing shit to force people to reroll for the 300th time to slosh through the same tired content. Rather than just allow us to progress and change the maplevels all the way to lvl 95.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
ShacoFinder wrote:
"
CrazylikE wrote:
I leveled up a ranger on rampage to get the rampage killstreak challenge and to kill atziri with it, used puncture and tornado shot and not a single time did I think it was OP. Its good, but I wouldnt say OP. If I were to level a ranger again, I probably would have gone with split arrow instead. At lvl 79 my tornado dps with gmp was 12k, my puncture 36k. Pure deeps build.

And now, multiply that gmp dps by 3 or 4 for typical dps (shoots 5 additional shots, plus the auto pierce), and then multiply it by 6 for maximum dps (if you get lucky, all 6 shots will hit).
That's 36k dps if you miss the auto pierce (ie. you aren't aiming), 48k if you hit it, and upwards of 72k (precisely 2 times your puncture sheet dps) if you hit with all of them.

And this is all assuming you didn't have the uber corrupts of +1 arrow (and it's really fun when you have one of those, plus Death's Harp mid-game).

For single target, lmp is better, i feel, as the reduction is much less, and it's more likely that you will get a larger portion of the arrows (and thus damage) on the target. But it doesn't have as much potential...it's more consistent.

Yes, I am aware that tooltip dps isnt the actual dps, I just thought I'd put it in there. What I meant to say was, it didnt "feel op" to me. Might just be me though, I havent played a bow build in a while, I just didnt get the "op" feeling when I played it *shrug*.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Last edited by CrazylikE on Oct 16, 2014, 5:10:32 PM
Guess i'm missing out the only bow builds i've ever played are PA and EA, don't care for crit shit at all
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
It's OP compared to other bow skills, but not that OP compared to other OP skills. Buff other bow skills, leave Tornado Shot as it is.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
It's OP compared to other bow skills, but not that OP compared to other OP skills. Buff other bow skills, leave Tornado Shot as it is.

For what? That is too much work, just do a quick nerf tornado shot and back to work on micro transactions.
"FullyBlownDaddy"-FullBlownDaddy™
"FillBlownDaddy"-GGG
"FullBlownMommy"-Casual_Ascent
"
"
Xavderion wrote:

For what? That is too much work, just do a quick nerf tornado shot and back to work on micro transactions.

Okay that was funny but I believe the micro people whom is Russel and the balance people whom is Qarl are two different things.

Russel is in charge of most of the art / effects lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
"
Xavderion wrote:

Okay that was funny but I believe the micro people whom is Russel and the balance people whom is Qarl are two different things.

Russel is in charge of most of the art / effects lol

Ofcourse it was troll, balance is so shit might as well have the art guys do it inbetween art designs.
"FullyBlownDaddy"-FullBlownDaddy™
"FillBlownDaddy"-GGG
"FullBlownMommy"-Casual_Ascent
I just don't get why every one wants to get involved in "balance". TS is the best fun I have had in this game. Just incredibly fun to play. Isn't that the point? I have having FUN. Yet there is always someone out there that wants to take my fun away.

Stop worrying about the "meta" and "balance". I would venture most of us do not even really understand what those terms actually mean in application. I even wish GGG were a little less concerned with these things. If your playerbase is having fun the game is a success.
OP as fuk. Can't do Atziri, no matter what. OP confirmed. D-:.

It is powerful, so are many, many other skills. I'd say it is in-line with other stuff, not OP. Is balance-ambulance needed? Not so sure.

"
Ofcourse it was troll, balance is so shit might as well have the art guys do it inbetween art designs.

Can you go back to your cave please?
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Oct 17, 2014, 1:22:10 AM
"
terrex wrote:
"
Axarion wrote:
I mainly take issue with the fact that it can shoot around corners.

Clever use of game mechanic.

WillyWonka was using TS to do that exact thing when the nasty abraxia or whatnot R.I.P'ped him today :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info