Path of Exile's December PvP Update

"
Last_Key wrote:
I have a lil thing more to mention!

A SELF-HYPER-BOOST for pvp would be the simple way to make a "BET STACK PVP" both players put the items they want to bet on a stack's window then they both agree that the winner takes it all.... the dual ends, ppl get rewards, ppl get swag, streamers get swag, losers get salty, PVP GROW.... i really hope it won't mean to hard to make a feature like that

What a horrible idea. Just ANOTHER Rich-Man thing to abuse.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
Oh wow, this dropped a bomb! Finally releasing something for the PvP community, I'm glad even as a non-PvPer. I think flying in Greendude was an amazing choice. Companies should always gather a lot of information by asking those players/guilds most experienced and dedicated with the content of question.

Also: Act 4 hypUU!

Keep on going GGG! :)
Holy shiiieeeeet! epic!
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
I'm glad the game will have more ways to play. It's ultimately good for everyone.

That being said, I get super fucking nervous whenever PVP features are mentioned by GGG. I fear that the pull to balance the game with PVP in mind will become too strong, and PVE will suffer for it.

I hope I'm wrong.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
PvE content should be their main focus, and really dont like that they shift focus away from that with all this PvP content :/
Its for such a small audience, and there is still lots of core things in the game they could develop instead :/
@Chris

"
The PvP seasons will last roughly a month each and will feature alternate art unique items as prizes. There are are also the PvP equivalent of Demigod uniques, awarded to the best competitors. The first season will focus around 1v1 level 28 dueling, but will include a few team and no-level-cap events. Later seasons will shift the focus to different types of events.

Will these alternate art unique item rewards be catered for PVP use? As it stands now, many alternate art unique item race rewards cover a broad spectrum (although are often themed). Will the rewards for PVP be focused on uniques that can be used for (and more specifically, that are good/meant for) dueling? Things such as Perandus, Meginord's, Facebreaker, etc.?

I participate in a lot of race leagues specifically for alt art items, and I'll probably join the PVP ladder for this same reason, but it would make sense (and set more incentive on reaching tiers) if the uniques were catered to PVP play and would improve your game with a free item. To have some of the item rewards be practically useless in PVP (as some of the race rewards would be) would lower the incentive and almost be a hurdle to jump to reach the "good" rewards. Plus now you get more chances to show off the 3D artwork and your hard work in duels and tourneys rather than sitting in merci A3.

EDIT: Just realized absolutely no comments in this thread by Aux. Odd.
Bring back race seasons.
Last edited by AbdulAlhazred on Oct 18, 2014, 3:20:11 PM
I have a question, so if the pvp seasons are roughly 1 month long, does that mean that 1 month after the new leagues are out, the pvp season will start on the new league? Just curious because that would make me really interested in doing the new leagues again. Prepare for 1 month for the new pvp season to come out, etc.
IGN- FrOArrow
This PVP stuff is all fine and great. I think anything they do shouldn't effect PvE AT ALL. PVP will NEVER be balanced anyway, anyone with half a brain already knew this long ago.
IGN - RustyCannon
"
ArcaneX wrote:
PvE content should be their main focus, and really dont like that they shift focus away from that with all this PvP content :/
Its for such a small audience, and there is still lots of core things in the game they could develop instead :/

I think PvE is still the main focus. GGG has been promising to give PvP more attention for awhile now. It may take few iterations of balancing to get PvP right, but it'll be worth the time, as a lot of people will enjoy the game more. Its about fun, and for many players, the ultimate fun and challenge is a worthy human foe.

Kudos to GGG for supporting ALL their fans.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
In regards to the actual patch, I have a concern. As a melee player it is rather hard to deal with monsters from a strong box when they are behind the tag of the box. One has to hold ctrl and attack to have a chance at getting them. Any chance that you might make the tag transparent?

thank you for your time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info