[2.5] Tempada's Dreamfeather Lightning Flurry Raider: Acro, Alpha's/Blood Dance/QotF, 200k+ DPS

How would Earthquake be? Im don't like cleave and I was debating on playing one of the new skills
Maybe Ice crash im not sure. Would like to try Earthquake tho, lemme know if you have any advice.

EDIT: RIP ME DIDNT SEE AXE TAG
Last edited by LethalNarwhal on Mar 18, 2016, 6:01:55 PM
"
LethalNarwhal wrote:
EDIT: RIP ME DIDNT SEE AXE TAG

Yeah... It's actually usable if you have Soul Taker, though. I'm getting over 30k dps (before flasks and charges) with a lvl 12 gem and my main setup (compared to 53k with a lvl 20 Cleave). The problems are that you don't have a lot of physical damage to scale, and the aftershocks are unreliable with such a high attack speed. I'm sure it would be viable, just not ideal.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Thanks for reply Tempada.

I'm currently sitting at level 58, looking for a nice QotF to buy... And grabbed an Ichimonji sword for the 5% less reserved mana, which should let me finally run Wrath and Grace (maybe I'll dual wield them).

However; I've played other melee builds that rely on Hatred and Herald of Ash for the physical scaling, and I'm left wondering a little why this build suggests Wrath and Herald of Thunder instead; despite the build being a bit low on Int until later levels when we get deeper into the Templar tree? For melee, Phys to Ele seems like a good choice, doesn't it?

At the level I'm currently at I'm really hurting for Int needed to level these gems, but I'm sure there's a good reason these lightning skills are preferable? Can anyone explain this?
Last edited by evilstarship on Mar 20, 2016, 11:15:31 AM
Was feeling real squishy late 50s / cruel difficulty... Feeling a lot better after getting cruel labyrinth and respeccing into Avatar of the Slaughter
Last edited by evilstarship on Mar 20, 2016, 11:11:16 AM
"
evilstarship wrote:
However; I've played other melee builds that rely on Hatred and Herald of Ash for the physical scaling, and I'm left wondering a little why this build suggests Wrath and Herald of Thunder instead; despite the build being a bit low on Int until later levels when we get deeper into the Templar tree? For melee, Phys to Ele seems like a good choice, doesn't it?

Flat elemental damage scales far better with Dreamfeather than physical damage (it's easier to stack elemental damage and the sword doesn't have much physical damage to begin with). You'll have better clear speeds with an elemental build that doesn't rely on conversion.

Wrath + Herald of Thunder + Added Lightning = all flat damage. Hatred/HoA/Added Fire are all based on physical damage, so stacking cold or fire over lightning isn't as efficient, generally speaking.

"
Was feeling real squishy late 50s / cruel difficulty... Feeling a lot better after getting cruel labyrinth and respeccing into Avatar of the Slaughter

Good! And things should get much more fun once you get a 5L Queen of the Forest.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Sorry, if you don't mind me asking - where are you getting all your evasion from? You've got 290% increased evasion rating from your tree, and 3668 from your items. I think I'm missing something, as this comes out to about 10.5k evasion rating?
"
Sorry, if you don't mind me asking - where are you getting all your evasion from? You've got 290% increased evasion rating from your tree, and 3668 from your items. I think I'm missing something, as this comes out to about 10.5k evasion rating?

I have something like 259% increased evasion on the tree (including Raider Ascendancy nodes) + 53% from jewels + 76% from the dex bonus (I have 380 dex), and then there's Grace on top of that. My evasion in town is 21,852. It shoots up to 38477 with Grace, it's 40581 with 7 frenzy charges, and 56781 with a basic Jade Flask on top of that.
Last edited by Tempada on Mar 20, 2016, 5:20:02 PM
What about using a crit+ele damage weapon in the main hand (like a rapier or sceptre) and using a main-hand skill like ice crash?

I've been thinking about trying this build out: poeurl.com/Akf, it can just about reach the 95% crit chance cap with assassin's mark. The main thing I'm worried about is the lower evasion compared to other builds (and reflect, but that's true for any ele build without vp).
Last edited by Novalisk on Mar 20, 2016, 5:55:15 PM
"
Novalisk wrote:
What about using a crit+ele damage weapon in the main hand (like a rapier or sceptre) and using a main-hand skill like ice crash?

I've been thinking about trying this build out: poeurl.com/Akf, it can just about reach the 95% crit chance cap with assassin's mark. The main thing I'm worried about is the lower evasion compared to other builds (and reflect, but that's true for any ele build without vp).

Interesting! The evasion will be lower, in which case maybe Dreamfeather isn't the best choice. And, yeah, reflect will hurt with a crit build on top of lower evasion. One of the nice things about the non-crit focused build is that damage can get very high and you don't have to worry about reflect at all with a simple Life Gain on Hit gem swap in reflect maps.

You've given me an idea for the new Scion version:

That "more" damage from Elemental Overload looks tasty, and there's one more frenzy charge than I'm used to. I think I need to try this out.
Is it possible to make a spectral throw build with the same type of gear?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info