[2.5] Tempada's Dreamfeather Lightning Flurry Raider: Acro, Alpha's/Blood Dance/QotF, 200k+ DPS

Just a note on how it's going;

Levelling was okay, rougher than Viper Strike version perhaps but not too bad.
hit A4 Merc at level 54, Grinded lake til 66, mostly self found aside from Tabula/Goldrim.
Still rocking Tabula til I can at least 5L my QotF, mainly so that all of my gems are getting levelled roughly evenly.

Going for Reave - Multistrike - Added Lightning - Lightning Pen - Conc Effect - WED
Settled on using Whirling for movement/Fortify, I just like the spamming with it and Soul Taker.
Decided to link my CoH Conductivity to Herald of Thunder because of this.

Conductivity + Lightning Pen are compeltely busted together.

Just hit lvl73, travelling on tree is finished (I ended up taking the Shadow Frenzy in the end), just filling out life + Beserking for now until I can afford to drop an ex a time on a jewel. Life, Evasion + Damage/Attack speed get pretty expensive.
Still need to take Ascendancy past Normal Lab, cruel layout has been awful last couple days.

I did take the opportunity to grab a very nice amulet while it was on the market:

T1 WED, T1 Evasion, T1 Accuracy, T2 Life +Str Base.

Going to slam (when I have the currency spare) for any +Str / Int (craft dex to block) or any resists / extra damage are top tier.

Just need to get some WED / Flat Light + Life Rings, a nice Belt and craft higher evasion gloves.

Should I prioritise Flat Lightning or Flat Eva on the gloves?
"
Morelikeew wrote:
I did take the opportunity to grab a very nice amulet while it was on the market:

That's some sexy bling.

"

Prioritize life and resists, haha. Between those two, I'd personally take evasion since it gives both defense and offense, but flat lightning should give more damage. If you don't have flat lightning on any other piece of gear, go with it here.

Thanks for the update!
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
Tempada wrote:
"
Morelikeew wrote:

Prioritize life and resists, haha. Between those two, I'd personally take evasion since it gives both defense and offense, but flat lightning should give more damage. If you don't have flat lightning on any other piece of gear, go with it here.

Thanks for the update!

I'm thinking for bis goal for gloves, Obviously %Eva, +Life, [Flat Eva/Flat Lightning], %Attack Speed, [Accuracy + Resist/ 2 Resists]

I'll probably try for max evasion + 2 resists, but I wouldn't say no to Accuracy or the flat lightning.

Currently using Darkray's, but I'm considering moving to +1 Atziri's Steps when I link my QotF, 16% Spell Dodge, 70 life + 650Eva added onto Phase Acro + Phasing, and all the other benefits sounds pretty enticing.

Belt is just big WED, big Life, Big Res.
Rings Are Big WED/Flat Lightning, Life + Res?

The one thing I've noticed with this build is because we travel so far on the tree, we have tons of spare attributes, they're barely needed on gear, if at all.

On jewels, I assume because we're stacking so much evasion through gear/flasks/passives that taking %Eva is a better trade-off than an extra damage prop? I guess 18% is 3/4 of a notable, so probably the most value on a jewel. Plus the Offence + Defence factor too.

"
Morelikeew wrote:
Currently using Darkray's, but I'm considering moving to +1 Atziri's Steps when I link my QotF, 16% Spell Dodge, 70 life + 650Eva added onto Phase Acro + Phasing, and all the other benefits sounds pretty enticing.

I'd choose Atziri's Step over Darkray (life, high evasion, and permanent spell dodge yes please).

"
Rings Are Big WED/Flat Lightning, Life + Res?

Yep. Don't actively look for evasion on rings (I generally think it's a waste of a mod here). Accuracy's good too.

"
The one thing I've noticed with this build is because we travel so far on the tree, we have tons of spare attributes, they're barely needed on gear, if at all.

Except Intelligence. Wrath has a high requirement, and I wouldn't be able to run it without my Onyx amulet.

"
On jewels, I assume because we're stacking so much evasion through gear/flasks/passives that taking %Eva is a better trade-off than an extra damage prop? I guess 18% is 3/4 of a notable, so probably the most value on a jewel. Plus the Offence + Defence factor too.

I like evasion + life because it makes for a more well-rounded character, but you could do fine and ultimately deal more damage if you manage to get life and three damage mods instead.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616

100 fuse.

Now to scrounge the 2500 chromes for 1G, 2R, 3B.
Hi there, pretty sure I'm missing something important here but I have to ask: Why elemental damage??? We have two physical weapons and you're not even using conversion (phys to lightning). It doesn't make sense to me... Probabaly a stupid question and I'm sorry but if you could answer I'd be gratefull. Thanks!
"
Morelikeew wrote:

100 fuse.

Now to scrounge the 2500 chromes for 1G, 2R, 3B.

Nice! That beats my record.

"
0ddfell0w wrote:
Hi there, pretty sure I'm missing something important here but I have to ask: Why elemental damage??? We have two physical weapons and you're not even using conversion (phys to lightning). It doesn't make sense to me... Probabaly a stupid question and I'm sorry but if you could answer I'd be gratefull. Thanks!

The physical value on Dreamfeather isn't great and doesn't scale as well as elemental (or chaos) damage. Lightning Strike converts some of that physical damage, otherwise it's just a little bonus on top of the elemental.
Updated for 2.5 and the Blade Flurry crowd.
Ill try a variety of this build on my BF assassin. Cool idea!
"
tellefo92 wrote:
Ill try a variety of this build on my BF assassin. Cool idea!

Sweet, have fun! Just be aware that elemental attack builds that don't double dip (ignite) aren't as powerful as poison/bleed builds in the current meta. And, despite all the life I take on the tree and through jewels, I "only" have about 6k life, which unfortunately isn't great these days in high tier maps no matter your other defenses when you're melee.
Last edited by Tempada on Dec 8, 2016, 7:37:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info