[2.3] "Vulcan's Exemplar" Crit Dual Strike Slayer with Bino/Catalyst by fiqst

@Junaum, do you use Blood Rage with your build? I like your tree. I like being able to take a few hits. I notice you don't cruise over towards the Mara side. Let me know! :D
Hey iGanc,

While specced at the 5k hp tree I still use Blood Rage as the source of Frenzy Charges and some additional Leech. If you don't have some chaos res, you'll suffer a bit (The 5k hp tree has 2% regen only) but it's survivable. I find that one life pot between distant packs is enough to keep things under control. If not, you could replace your curse with poacher's mark or use sharkskin boots as frenzy providers - but those could potentially create new problems such as losing dps and/or resistances.

Exiled_Wanderer and iGanc,

I've tested with Adler's touch - Works with Vulcan's playstyle. You'll lose some dps (about 20% as far as I remember) and some HP (because will be using Maligaro's glove) so you can make personal adaptations to the tree and try it yourself something in-between your current tree and the 5k hp one - make a slow transition, with a couple of maps between each stage, to test if it fits your gaming.

I kept using snakebite because it proved to be an optimal solution compared to Adder's touch. It has some fine HP in it and some dps boost (per frenzy charge). Saving those passive points is a good thing, so they should prove a lot better to be worth. In my experience, they weren't much of an improvement - mostly, a non-optimal alternative. That's because the best thing about using Adder's would be to drop Blood Rage for good, but I just can't drop it, because I like it's additional leeching the frenzies it provide.

Last edited by junaum on Dec 18, 2014, 6:55:44 PM
"
Why is a higher crit dagger better than an Ambusher? The DPS difference seems rather high because those Ambushers reach really high numbers.

A guild mate kindly let me borrow his Loathe Bane

Using same equipment.

Ambushers have the highest pdps, but the lowest local crit base, 6.68%, and the lowest global crit, 40%.
Platinum Kris has the highest base, 7.28%, and the highest global, 80%.

You can scale the plat kris to higher crit chance, which means crit multi more times.

"

I'll be gathering gear over the next few days. What mods should I look for on rares outside of life and resists? Life/mana leech, Weapon Elemental Damage, Attack Speed or other things?

You'll need mana leech from somewhere, 1% is enough for me when i use Bino's.

Your amulet is the best dps piece, go for 30+ crit multi, 20 avg flat phys, 200+ accuracy

this piece alone gives me 30k dps

"

The tree you provided is only 7 points away from Adder's Touch. Is it not that good after the nerfs or is it just to save those points by using the gloves?

A lot of people ask me this, my answer was always: Addler's touch only boosts the dagger, and wastes some catalyst potential.

I decided to burn some regrets and answer this:

Using this tree

And these gloves

The Advanced Spec has no need for poison so the node is wasted, and in fact, i lose 30k dps with that tree.

"

Is it possible to use Increased AoE instead of Buring Damage in the Catalyst for more Aoe clearing, or would you not get enough damage to kill the thrash mobs?

The burn effect spreads fine with proliferation. Inc burning makes the enemies die faster, therefore clear faster.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Dec 18, 2014, 7:37:43 PM
"
iGanc wrote:
Hello, really sweet guide! I'm going to buy a Bino's I think and try this out. What would you suggest taking out if I only have a 5L? I was thinking about removing added fire? I believe I need P2L for the possibility of making HoT work. Also, Resists might be really hard for me if I use snakebites, would you advise going to adder's touch? Would really open up some room for me gear-wise maxing out my resists. I had a 'Glaciator' before patch nerfed it to the ground, so I can literally just switch his weapons! As long as going Adder's Touch doesn't gimp the build, I don't think it will.

Thanks again! Looking forward to your response. I can post the current gear I have if that helps :)

Added fire should be removed for a 5L. In my setup i have 163k (no charges) as a 5L

The Addler's Touch question is answered above.

TL;DR if you use maligaro's, you'll achieve roughly the same dps. So it's not worth it.
By the way, i know i posted this before:

Bino's Spec Shrine

I forgot to mention that this is the first video madw with the new Eva/Acro tree. And the gameplay speaks in volumes how great evasion and dodge is.
Hi~ Im a play in Ganera sever I want to say thank you guys first. The build is very amazing. The speed of mapping or killing boss are almost the fastest build in the game.
But i hv some question in my stat.

(in town)
LV85
DPS:42K
Hit chance: 82%
APS:5.2
Crit chance(Bino):55.4%
Crit milti:450%

DPS is very low compare with ur normal set but i don'e know why.

my gear is slmost the same, too but my ring doesn't hv acc rating

my passive tree is the almost same with wraithe version but less point because of just lv85.
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAFey5Hb2BmSu9Nkd-hNnKkGNwYEG-p2VNfyt311b6_MXdDSzpytMZtIDhtxc4luJeSn3jn4d2Z6CbLQAGFfZieVuv1opNkiP2jX0wfP_eJP3nVFFHOkJLeN2oMHHUIwW1jb_7CRmKm7Ui6ujWGo_22lVLYeImlRa_D6tTNYw27UGxs21stUjz6p2qNj1irGyMwHYUjhc-Kk0VIG6qSsg_J9i9NZK18lOlDF8cp8autz7-Cu8OUEfkUWebrj534zwtFCCSffcycqnE9phv3CPlzw==

the only reason i think i may make this low DSP is that my gem isn't 20/20, they're all about 16/0.
but i still think the DPS is too low
urs: 114K gem:20/20
mine: 42K gem:16/0
is that possible?

sorry for my poor english
and thanky you for reading
"
windyspring wrote:
Hi~ Im a play in Ganera sever I want to say thank you guys first.

Thanks for trying it out.

You're actually 6 points behind me.

You haven't taken Duality and Assassination, 2 big dps clusters. Also, Warrior's Blood has +20 STR

In town:
lvl 92
dps 142k
hit chance 88%
crit 65.4
multi 548%

- 6 more points will give you:
- 50% chance
- 30% multi
- 32% phys damage
- +20 STR
- +1.8% life regen

i havent seen your items but i can guess:

- 6L?
- you need more accuracy in your items
- your Bino's might be a low crit roll, mine is 9.99%. The max is 10.2%. Base crit chance is super important.
- your Abyssus might be low crit roll, try to get 145+. Don't worry too much about the physical taken roll, Bino's regen and near constant IC makes that stat unimportant.

I'll help you more if you could post your items please
im in Garena sever so i can just post the roll of my gear.

my bino's crit is 9.58% too low i think i should duvine it later.

Abyssus:+23 all attributes +148% multi

5L chest: Dual strike(14/0)--multistrike(19/0)--add fire(19/0)--weap elemental dmg(14/0)--melee phy(19/0)

and, yes i need to find better ring or belt or amulet to +acc rating and phy dmg

i just find a good amulet with 10-17 phy dmg but without resist
and if i put it on i'll +8k DPS

so i think if i wear rings and amulet with high phy dmg the DSP might be maybe +20k
but still much lower than u haha but res is a big peoblem.
"
windyspring wrote:

5L chest: Dual strike(14/0)--multistrike(19/0)--add fire(19/0)--weap elemental dmg(14/0)--melee phy(19/0)

Use the new Physical to Lightning gem instead of added fire. The DPS is better and your damage is spread between phys and lightning, protecting you from physical reflect

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info