[2.3] "Vulcan's Exemplar" Crit Dual Strike Slayer with Bino/Catalyst by fiqst

Which character is the most optimal for this build?

I don't have a Duelist, but I have a lvl 85 Marauder, a lvl 89 Ranger, a lvl 92 Scion and a lvl 97 Shadow. Also, reading through the last few pages, the skill tree seems to change all the time. Has it somewhat settled down on eva/dodge, or will I have to start spending regrets as soon as I plot some nodes in?

I see a Dragon Hunger being sold at 195ex. Is it a good deal? The colors are also a bit off, it has RBG.

Is the only difference between the Bino version and the mirrored dagger version, besides the dagger, that one has Snake gloves and the other has Acuity?

Another question: How viable is this build in 6 man parties? I've had enough builds that can get by in solo play, but then I join up for a party and I do 0 damage.
Last edited by Exiled_Wanderer on Dec 17, 2014, 8:49:16 PM
My tree gets within 5 nodes of marauder and shadow, junaum's tree is close to ranger and shadow. Both of our trees are perfectly viable.

Evasion and acrobatics is the best defence so far. In 1.2 I had 40% block and was fine. In 1.3 I now have 46% dodge and 30% spell dodge, which is huge.
The tree is not going to change anytime soon. The only choice left is which tree and playstyle you prefer.

Dragon Hunger was worth a little less than a mirror when bought it (170ex), since then they have become rarer on the market so they're a little more pricey. 195ex seems a bit expensive, considering Loathe Bane can be bought for 210.

I am very powerful in 6 man parties, the overkill burn is quite effective at clearing trash and Bino's regen healing everyone. Melee builds normally suffer from slowness, ranged characters usually clear the space before we can get in range, with the flicker-DS technique, I get the first hit on most things.

EDIT: the main difference between the 2 specs is Bino has high life regen from snakebite and the mirror dagger replaces that with instant life leech, they use the same tree, and roughly the same equipment.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Dec 17, 2014, 9:43:17 PM
Exile!
Last edited by LightMyChemin on Dec 17, 2014, 9:30:28 PM
Thanks for the advice on the dagger. I'll hold off on buying one. Do you normally use the Bino variant for mapping in parties?

If it's not too much of a problem, could I trouble you for a tree starting as a shadow?
@Gaghish

Amazing gear! Thanks for posting that. Grats on the Atziri farm :)
EDIT: Added your build to the "Community Builds" section in the notes

@Exiled_Wanderer

There are a lot of GG daggers on the market. Storm needle and Sorrow Thirst are good alternatives, you can get those for less than 170ex.

I use the Bino's to test things for this build, so most of my time is with Bino's, i don't party much unless its for testing

Here is the Shadow based tree:

110 points
Last edited by fiqst on Dec 18, 2014, 12:55:44 AM
How do you think this build would compare to a crit staff CI/VP build, using maybe heavy strike? One nice thing is you can use melee damage on full life.
"
LightsEdge wrote:
How do you think this build would compare to a crit staff CI/VP build, using maybe heavy strike? One nice thing is you can use melee damage on full life.

I've never played a CI character so i don't know how i would compare.

What i can say is that you can compare costs:

Good staves are quite expensive, Hege's Era is well over 30ex.
Whereas a Bino's can be found for 9ex, Catalyst for 3ex and snakebites+abyssus for 1ex.

Since LL is so popular, good gear for CI is more expensive than the comparative life gear.

You can look at KiPad's Staff build with multiple mirrored, BiS items and see the stats/cost ratio and compare my stats/cost ratio. His build is amazing and noone will ever come close to his level, but you would only do that build if you LOVE staves and have the currency.
"
fiqst wrote:
"
LightsEdge wrote:

I've never played a CI character so i don't know how i would compare.

What i can say is that you can compare costs:

Good staves are quite expensive, Hege's Era is well over 30ex.
Whereas a Bino's can be found for 9ex, Catalyst for 3ex and snakebites+abyssus for 1ex.

Since LL is so popular, good gear for CI is more expensive than the comparative life gear.

You can look at KiPad's Staff build with multiple mirrored, BiS items and see the stats/cost ratio and compare my stats/cost ratio. His build is amazing and noone will ever come close to his level, but you would only do that build if you LOVE staves and have the currency.

Oh very interesting. Thanks for the info. I was thinking maybe rare staves could be cheaper, considering the popularity of daggers. Maybe I'll try a cheap version some time.
Decided to test how my atziri runs are going in the 1.3 patch...

Thanks fiqst for the explaination.
I have gave it a go currently at lvl 78.
life: 3485
mana: 512
damage reduction w/o charges: 46%
maxed res w/o charges
dual strike dps w/o charges: 400685,4
flicker dps w/o charges: 19480

The build seems a bit squishy, hope this will get better with taking more armor nodes. Also I'm still learning to play with it so it may chance while progress

my gear:
Spoiler

any advice what flask would be the best to use? I have no mana problems
Last edited by VapersIsland on Dec 18, 2014, 3:15:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info