[2.3] "Vulcan's Exemplar" Crit Dual Strike Slayer with Bino/Catalyst by fiqst

HP is the same 4390.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
I've made massive progress in my gear since posting a couple days ago.

Currently level 66 in torment, my first melee char ever. Just killed Piety without any deaths or teleports, which I feel pretty good about. I got lucky and she dropped a decent red 5L chest, giving me a massive dps boost. Equipping it got me to 3k life too. Overall, things are melting!

Current stats:
Level 66
12.5k molten strike dps (with ash and hatred)
3k life
42% phys reduction, resists are 75% fire, 46% cold, 1% lightning (cold was capped and lightning was 30% before equipping new chest)

Gear and tree:

Any suggestions on what to do with that chestpiece? I haven't modded it in any way because I don't want to screw up my first 5L...
Last edited by Reicta on Dec 17, 2014, 12:52:40 AM
Also, have any of you tried out vengeance instead of HoT for curse on hit? I've been running with it because I can't afford to run HoT, and vengeance seems fairly unreliable for proccing the curse. Trash mobs tend to die before you get hit enough to proc the counter, and it takes too long to enfeeble tough mobs for it to really be worth it, in my experience.

Curious if anyone has found vengeance to be preferable for cursing.
At merc you need 125% res to max out
I have counted every single res from your build and it doesn't come close to 75.
Is this build for normal or merc play?
Items in Advanced section are really expensive. So you are telling me you run with 25-35 fire and light res on atziri? How is it possible you don't get one hitted with her hudge elemental damage?
Can anyone explain this to me?
@Reicta

Looking good so far. Though more resistance is needed if you want to start mapping.

Tree looks fine. From here, you'll start getting the big crit clusters, especially disembowelling. Expect a big boost in dps over the next few levels.

Search for a cheap Abyssus and Maligaro's Virtuosity if you can (not sure of league pricing), those will give you massive gains also.

You 5L has the perfect colours for now, no need to chrome. And the right gems.

I've been testing Vengeance, but not as curse delivery. The 30% chance is too low to be effective for cursing. Instead, i have linked the secondary attack as:

flicker
vengeance
coc
immortal call

My aim to use flicker to cast IC as usual, but also procs when being attacked. This adds to the protection against stun locks, the hit is actually quite powerful so it gives me significant life leech and breaks the stun lock by stunning them back.

@VapersIsland
Its actually 135% (-60 -> 75).
There are a number of elemental resist nodes in the tree which make a significant part of the overall resist.

In addition, since using Daresso's chest, most of the time you are buffed with 3 endurance charges which provide 12% to all resits, so you don't really have to max it out completely, anything with 63%+ will do.
Specifically in Atziri fiqst uses Ruby and Topaz flasks so you can easily max out Fire/Light resists.
Last edited by TheFox7 on Dec 17, 2014, 5:58:48 AM
"
VapersIsland wrote:
At merc you need 125% res to max out
I have counted every single res from your build and it doesn't come close to 75.
Is this build for normal or merc play?
Items in Advanced section are really expensive. So you are telling me you run with 25-35 fire and light res on atziri? How is it possible you don't get one hitted with her hudge elemental damage?
Can anyone explain this to me?

The stats you see in the guide were all taken at Merciless level, not in my HO. So they are indeed capped at 75%.

These are the resistances in my HO:

So how'd the acrobatics variation pan out? I've found my first real patch in the game enjoyable from a theorycrafting perspective, unfortunately I haven't played enough to be able to spend too many regrets to test out every possible build.

I like a lot of your most recent tree, but if the eva take ends up panning out much better, i may just hold off on finalizing my duelists build before i hear some more feedback.

Cool stuff
I don't see any res nodes in this build.

From advanced setup:
lets take for example fire res:
boots 28
ring1 46
ring2 16

total: 90 res

My question is where from is the remaining 53 fire res fiqst

I really like the idea of that build but before I will spend alot of currency on a perfect setup I would like to know exacly where these come from. Are these on full charges?
Correct me if I'm wrong
His belt also has 43% fire res

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info