[2.3] "Vulcan's Exemplar" Crit Dual Strike Slayer with Bino/Catalyst by fiqst

hi there and thanks for testing jun. i would use the tree you posted for a ranged build with bows or spectral throw. it would increase the defenses by a lot (you add another laying of defense just by moving around and manual dodging). that would require to skip melee damage nodes and invest in projectile/one handed damage nodes.

i would also like to know if you can get darkray boots and increase chance to dodge with it ?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
"
azamantes wrote:
i would also like to know if you can get darkray boots and increase chance to dodge with it ?

It would work. But I can't afford that - Caping my resists require me to keep rare boots.

Truth is, latest patch indirectly nerfed Armour (as it can't rely on Block for breathing). We can't compare Dodge to Block the way we used to do, because the game changed. And now, my personal experience is that, even as melee, Dodge/Eva is superior to armour/block for non block capped builds like ours. But I just played 3 maps for now. Pending on more testing.

For what I could test, as long as your defenses hold against one big physical hit, Dodge/Spell Dodge is pure Bonus: by the time you survive the first big phys hit, you'll be under Immortal Call (from cwdt), and Dodge/Ondar's Guilde will give you some relatively safe timeframe to deal with incoming spell/projectile.
Last edited by junaum on Dec 16, 2014, 4:11:11 PM
Since everyone seems to be posting new trees, here's one that's closest to my current build. This is a highly defense oriented version with more life, acro and phase. I got rid of the entire marauder area.

ranger start

This stuff can be seriously tanky, with 198% max life, acro, phase, nice evasion, and still awesome dps.
I posted a ranger start because that's the best, but duelist and shadow are doable.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
i always only played high block builds(facebreaker/woebor with rt) and used them to run 77-79 maps including the hard ones(-max resist extra dmg crematorium and stuff like that)

i noticed that even with (in that particular case) ruby flasks 75% spellblock and purity of fire i would still be nearly instant dead.
rather than playing a crippled block build that i cant see surviving that shit i thought i should try an entirely different approach all together and chose this build for it

i have doubts as to whether thats viable for those maps at all though(i wouldnt mind dying few times on extreme maps). the damage with your build seems pretty extreme (compared to my old ones) so would you be looking at a dead boss within 2 seconds or so and just aim for kill em before they kill you?

also which mods are entirely undoable with this build and if possible a budget build or upgrade priority list, doesnt have to be detailled, just to get an idea about what to get first

sorry for all the troublesome questions
Hey etherfire, are you playing with that tree? How much HP did it achieved for you? Would you mind sharing your gear/play style as well?
No, that actually isnt my tree. Its just the closest I could adjust it for this build :P.

I made a new thread where I will be giving the guide for my build.

My gear

My current tree, if you still want it

Just leap slam/cyclone(all the time)/molten strike(rarely) everywhere. I have currently 4.7k hp( a few nodes not yet taken) and my chest has no life, so its about 5k+ life at level 90+. Of you use the other tree, along with a belly, its possible to get 6.5k life if you are level 92+. Tanky as shit.

My molten strike on a 4l is 90k and 106k with charges. My cyclone(conc effect) is 78k and around 88-90k(dont really remember) with charges. Overkill from HoA gets anything my cyclone misses.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Added an Advanced spec Atziri run

Incredible work guys. I was suffering from stun locks last night so i'm glad you guys have those trees available.

For me, it's the combination of losing 23% block and 30% stun avoidance (heart of oak). I figured IC would cover it but it falls short if you can't actually attack to cast IC.

Maybe its time to ditch IR and go for evasion and dodge like you guys have.

I'll try to make a tree also.

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Yeah Fiqst, have fun! Seems that Eva/dodge is the way.

Edit: Just watched your video. Ridiculously high DpS man! I suppose that's the mirrored dagger / acuity version?

Ether, consider grabbing Ondar's Guile bro. it's 2 passives away on your tree and it's really worth it. Your gameplay looks interesting as well. let me know when you get your thread up.
Last edited by junaum on Dec 16, 2014, 6:16:19 PM
Video is the Dragon Hunger/Acuity version. As you can see, the Acuity nerf doesn't really affect high-dps builds, but it did make the price of Acuity go down quite a bit, which is a good thing.

I played around with the tree to suit my playstyle, including 4.6% life regen, same amount of life, and the Disebowelling cluster, i did lose around 17k dps (6.6% loss). From your suggestion, i chose Ondar's Guile too.

wraithe's Evasion/Acrobatics Tree

Taken with Bino/Snakebite

Funnily enough, i'm getting more dodge (46%) than i did with block (40%)

I'll play some maps with this new tree and make the changes if it works. I also want to include yours and Ether's trees for variations.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Dec 16, 2014, 6:48:17 PM
Cool!

I believe etherfire's tree is intended for his dual doryani's cyclone build, not the Bino one (but I might be wrong).

How much HP did you got with that build? Same from the video? (4.3k)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info