Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[1.3, BoTW S3/E10] The Arcane Archer - Chaos Arc by CantripN

I'm a new player and all I have done is a TS Ranger that's level 80, nothing special. I really like this build and I am currently level 32 with 886HP/287ES/476Mana just entering the Marketplace. I'm completely new to the spellcasters and don't know anything about EB. When should I put a point in EB to make it worth it? Is it a certain level? certain amount of ES?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by ShoOmen on Nov 26, 2014, 12:16:10 AM
"
ShoOmen wrote:
I'm a new player and all I have done is a TS Ranger that's level 80, nothing special. I really like this build and I am currently level 32 with 886HP/287ES/476Mana just entering the Marketplace. I'm completely new to the spellcasters and don't know anything about EB. When should I put a point in EB to make it worth it? Is it a certain level? certain amount of ES?

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you can do it already. Make sure to level Arctic Armor accordingly. Do you have the bow already? Because this build will simply not work without it.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
First of all love the build, very fun!

I am lvl 87 and the issues I'm having mainly involve keeping my arctic armor going. I had some issues getting gear that would keep my dex high AND keep my resist maxed. To mitigate this I picked up some extra dex nodes on the tree. This is fine since my life is 3.8k, though I'd like it above 4k someday soon. I've been running 76-78 maps using a 5 link chest and a 6 link voltaxic (backwards I know). I chromed my cherrubims to b-b-b-b-r b, 5 off colors, and have spent a ton of fusings trying to 6 link it.

Running haste, clarity and HoT leaves me with 238 mana w/117.2 mana regeneration per second. Obviously I would want more mana regen on my gear, yet I cannot find pieces that suite my dex and resist needs at the same time.

So...I have been using arctic armor only in certain situations, like when I stop moving and fight a big pack. This has left me open to physical damage! With no physical mitigation I am getting one shotted in higher lvl maps (roahs). My first thought is to use coil, should not be too hard to get b-b-b-b-b-r I hope. My fear is making up the lightning resist necessary w/out loosing too much dps. I found that if I drop empower from my chest and replace it with life leech I never die unless something slams the crap outta me, yet I HATE loosing 4k dps!

My dps with a 5-link chest using arc is 15k with a lvl 3 empower. With all power nodes up I am at 22k, totally fine for lvl 76-78 maps (solo). I have been using a legacy quiver up to this point though I have a drillneck, so I am going to try out spark later today.

Thanks again for the fun build! I feel like I am very close to being where I want to be with it, any suggestions for survivability will be greatly appreciated.
🐢
Sounds like you're well on the right track, and are figuring it out just fine. I have to wonder if you use CwDT with IC and Frost Wall? These two are LIFESAVING. Also, Instant Healing flasks are OP, so get at least 1 of those. And indeed, as you say, that life is quite low, but nothing better gear and higher level can't solve.

Happy gaming!

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Last edited by CantripN on Nov 27, 2014, 3:35:44 AM
Just one more question: does WED works on this?
"
anakkk wrote:
Just one more question: does WED works on this?

WED = Weapon Elemental Damage.

So, no. We cast spells, not attacks with weapons.

Atziri / Uber Atziri Viable?
"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone
"
Atziri / Uber Atziri Viable?

Atziri has been done with CI+EB, Uber should be doable just the same, just take longer.
Can this build facetank like a max block+spellblock build? No.
Can a good player do those without getting killed much anyway? Yes.

Last edited by CantripN on Dec 1, 2014, 1:55:01 AM
I am impressed with the build , will give it a try upcoming league as soon as I get the bow.

edit: Loving the artwork on page 1, grats to the author, would love to see more
Last edited by Toddavid on Dec 1, 2014, 2:30:52 PM
My gear so far, just collecting enough Exalts to buy a 6L Rift. Converting from Pledge Arc to Rift.
I don't see myself having any mana issues what so ever especially with a level 25 Clarity.

"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone
Last edited by NaarJitsu on Dec 1, 2014, 5:02:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info