[1.3, BoTW S3/E10] The Arcane Archer - Chaos Arc by CantripN

Thank you :)
That is with a Tabula, yeah - it's not so bad at all as an end-game option.

I agree that The Covenant would be a really good variant for a BM version, but I'm not sure if it's better than using the BM helmet and Tabula +1 or one of the other chests. You'd be surprised how little damage Added Chaos/Lightning add, since Arc has 50% Damage Effectiveness. Also, the large amount of Spell/Lightning damage on that helmet is a major boost to this build since you lack any on the bow/quiver (with Arc, anyway).
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Oct 17, 2014, 6:26:44 AM
Oh, btw, don't know if this is a Bug or a Feature, but you can Shock "Immune to Shock" Uniques in Haku quests, and Atziri. Probably because Voltaxic has a separate Shock code, but it might be intended (since it's not an "Elemental" Status Effect).

EDIT: Confirmed to be false by GGG. It may look like it works, but it doesn't. Or it was done by whoever was with me, using 3D.

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Last edited by CantripN on Oct 21, 2014, 11:10:37 PM
this is pretty impressive. i actually found a voltaxic with my arcer yesterday and now im thinking about swapping to this build.
IGN: TR_endy
looks interesting, props to a good build!
Hi,

Can you describe how you leveled this build?

Thanks
"
buckwildg wrote:
Hi,

Can you describe how you leveled this build?

Thanks

Pretty much like a normal Arc caster, getting the entire Witch's area, then headed to Shadow, then to Templar last. For HC, I'd go for the Templar side first, probably.

But then, I was using the Tabula since level 1, and I have leveling caster gear. If you lack those, you might prefer to level as something else - myself, I think that's boring and not fun.

I think it's a fair assumption that if you can afford a Voltaxic, you have the means to get leveling gear, and if you dropped one yourself, that means you have access to VERY high level maps, and thus good gear.

Last edited by CantripN on Oct 18, 2014, 7:32:51 AM
The most interesting build I have seen!

What a arcane archer! I love it! The effect of shocking is awesome man , wish to try this build :D
IGN:TheBlessedTurtle
Hi, one more question.

Do you have problem maintaining high lv AA?
I found that your tree doesn't cover many mana regen or max mana nodes. I think you do so because you do have almost perfect mana regen affix on your rings and amulets.
I'm wondering if I wanna use a COD, should I cover some mana regen nodes?

I think I will use ball lightning now because my buddy just got me a Victario's Acuity:)
"
sharbe wrote:
Hi, one more question.

I found that your tree doesn't cover many mana regen or max mana nodes. I think y

You do so because you do have almost perfect mana regen affix on your rings and amulets.

I think I will use ball lightning now because my buddy just got me a Victario's Acuity:)

I have *barely* enough for AA 20. I lose a tiny bit of mana when I walk. If you want to use MoM/CoD, you're gonna need at least 400 mana regen or so (eventually), to regen mana after damage. Luckily, the CoD itself provides a hefty boost to mana regen.

For Ball Lightning, you'll be taking AoE passives, and probably using a slightly different gem setup since Increased AoE / Knockback add more damage than any other supports. Probably going to remove PCoC and Empower/Faster Casting (depends on level of Empower).
In terms of damage, I tested BL last night, and even without AoE passives, it was doing about the same damage as Arc - with the right supports and AoE passives, I think you'd beat Arc for DPS (not always for Clear Speed, though).

Maybe, just maybe, a non-crit BL will be better than a crit one. Looking at the new vid for HoT, looks op.

Last edited by CantripN on Oct 20, 2014, 2:33:51 AM
"
CantripN wrote:
"
sharbe wrote:
Hi, one more question.

I found that your tree doesn't cover many mana regen or max mana nodes. I think y

You do so because you do have almost perfect mana regen affix on your rings and amulets.

I have *barely* enough for AA 20. I lose a tiny bit of mana when I walk. If you want to use MoM/CoD, you're gonna need at least 400 mana regen or so (eventually), to regen mana after damage. Luckily, the CoD itself provides a hefty boost to mana regen.

For Ball Lightning, you'll be taking AoE passives, and probably using a slightly different gem setup since Increased AoE / Knockback add more damage than any other supports. Probably going to remove PCoC and Empower/Faster Casting (depends on level of Empower).
In terms of damage, I tested BL last night, and even without AoE passives, it was doing about the same damage as Arc - with the right supports and AoE passives, I think you'd beat Arc for DPS (not always for Clear Speed, though).

Maybe, just maybe, a non-crit BL will be better than a crit one. Looking at the new vid for HoT, looks op.

Oh thanks a lot for your reply. I never thought about connecting knockback with BL before. I just found one vid on youtube about ball lightning with knockback and blind, which turns out to be really fun to play. The overall survivability should be better too.

Heral of lightning is actually a big surprise for arc build because it is already that OP/

Thanks for sharing your test !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info