[1.3, BoTW S3/E10] The Arcane Archer - Chaos Arc by CantripN

"
CantripN wrote:
Oh, btw, don't know if this is a Bug or a Feature, but you can Shock "Immune to Shock" Uniques in Haku quests, and Atziri. Probably because Voltaxic has a separate Shock code, but it might be intended (since it's not an "Elemental" Status Effect).
This doesn't actually happen - Voltaxic doesn't have separate shock code, and if it did, the check for shock immunity still wouldn't be separate as it's only made when trying to apply the debuff, well after the point where there's any information about the damage dealt.
I have thoroughly tested this, and was completely unable to shock Atziri.

The investigation has, however, led me to uncover an unrelated bug with Three Dragons if dealing both fire and lightning damage in the same hit, which will be fixed in a future patch.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Oct 21, 2014, 9:36:37 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:
Oh, btw, don't know if this is a Bug or a Feature, but you can Shock "Immune to Shock" Uniques in Haku quests, and Atziri. Probably because Voltaxic has a separate Shock code, but it might be intended (since it's not an "Elemental" Status Effect).
This doesn't actually happen - Voltaxic doesn't have separate shock code, and if it did, the check for shock immunity still wouldn't be separate as it's only made when trying to apply the debuff, well after the point where there's any information about the damage dealt.
I have thoroughly tested this, and was completely unable to shock Atziri.

The investigation has, however, led me to uncover an unrelated bug with Three Dragons if dealing both fire and lightning damage in the same hit, which will be fixed in a future patch.

Well, it certainly *looks* like they are Shocked. Haku's bosses get all purple and glowy.
Very possible I'm wrong about Atziri, since I'm not a pro-atziri-farmer and was trying my best not to die :D

But I'm fairly sure about the Haku mission unique.

Anyhow, thank you for looking into it, got me curious about the 3D interaction... I think I can get some Fire damage on this build somehow and stack it with Chaos for Shock purposes.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Oct 21, 2014, 11:26:45 PM
I hope you can share some ideas about whether to make a crit or non-crit BL build.

My current state is:
I'm still in low level (lv52) and haven't taken any crit nodes on the tree
I'm using Victario's Acuity and will use Rearguard.
For either build, I will take aoe passive on witch and templar area.

My opinion is that, to fully utilize Victario's Acuity I want to take all the 4 power charges nodes on the three (three are +1 maximum and one is the 4% spell damage) and get one power charge from Alira. So those 5 passive points will give me additional 36 increased damage multiplier. The return isn't very high for non-crit build.

But since the weapon and quiver have no crit chance for spell, the overall crit chance might not be enough.

Hope you can share your thought about it, and if you were taking non-crit, what other nodes will you take?

Thanks in advance.
If you're going to use Victario's, I suggest going for crit. I'd remove 2 of PCoC (loss of comfort) / Faster Casting / Empower / Crit Damage - according to what least hurts your DPS. However, If you want to remove PCoC, take the Power Charge duration passives, and hope that 10% is enough (solo it should be, along with curses from time to time).

I'd try this first, myself (I hate relying on curses for Power Charges only):
BL / Echo / Crit Damage / Increased AoE / Knockback / PCoC

Problem is, when using an AoE spell, that's already quite a few nodes, so crit / lightning damage / cast speed will be sketchy.

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Last edited by CantripN on Oct 22, 2014, 3:37:08 AM
Thanks for your reply.

I will make a crit build then. I think that will be applicable to almost all lightning spells. If I don't like BL anymore I can switch to crit arc easily :)
how do you work on single target map bosses etc?

Used to be an arcer and loved it, but not for single targets. My last RF/Arcer worked very well tho with RF as support for melting more difficult bosses.
"
boondoxsaints wrote:
how do you work on single target map bosses etc?

Used to be an arcer and loved it, but not for single targets. My last RF/Arcer worked very well tho with RF as support for melting more difficult bosses.

Up to 78 map bosses that I did were all fairly melty. Chaos is very good at killing things, and I happen to use Arc 26, so... Dominus 78 is harder, since I need to kite a bit, and I haven't tried the 79. Atziri I'm very unskilled at, but seemed very doable if you know to dodge the right things. I get about 44K with Vaal Haste and Atziri's Promise, and with Assassin's Mark, that makes short work of any boss (I usually forget to use Vaal Haste, even).

Even when I need to kite, I manage to hit pretty hard before I need to run. Use your range and curses to your advantage.

Last edited by CantripN on Oct 22, 2014, 1:34:15 PM
*Fist Bump*

Nice writeup, very cool idea, fun to see in action, and a dev even wrote in your thread. I think this build has the GGG stamp of approval.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
Tempada wrote:
*Fist Bump*

Nice writeup, very cool idea, fun to see in action, and a dev even wrote in your thread. I think this build has the GGG stamp of approval.

Thx, mate. And turns out Curse on Hit works with HoT, w00t!

Last edited by CantripN on Oct 23, 2014, 2:55:16 PM
Tested Lightning Tendrils, my DPS on the same gems on a level 18 base gem is over 50K. Seems viable, if you take a few AoE nodes. DPS is SCARY high, but I prefer the feel of Arc, myself.

That said, not a fan of crit LT, since it's very clunky, either overkilling the entire screen or doing barely any damage. Feels like a spell best left for non-crit, despite the DPS. Of course, could just be my first impression.

Last edited by CantripN on Oct 24, 2014, 8:27:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info