Beating Oba's Cursed Trove!

"
archiadus wrote:
"
All three unique strongboxes?!

Delicious!

The original unique strongboxes were Carto, Armourer and Jeweller's. It seems that the map added an unique Arcanist and Gemcutters, I wonder if you can roll them now or if it's only possible in that map.

Just wondering, is it possible to rush to the strongboxes without killing the monsters?

nope, u cant proceed without fully clearing each room, so have to make sure every monster is killed. If not, will waste time on searching for the remaining enemies and cant make it to the last room.
cool. nice to see a guy gets past the map. i hated the map. my team got wiped out on first try but i probably can easily finish it on 2nd try easily
Race? Season points? Nah. Not my thing.
It is a fun map. For the record, our gemcutter had 6%
"
johnKeys wrote:
nicely done, but I don't like the concept this map.
DPS-check and running speed check or insta-die? really? that's not "unique".
Acton's Nightmare. Coward's Trial. Death And Taxes. heck even Olmec (hate that one-shot-fest) are unique.

It's a game. It's supposed to have challenges. This is another way to challenge the strength of your build. Challenges keep the gameplay interesting by ensuring not everything is "lolfaceroll hold r and win".

I don't see the problem.

"that's not "unique"."

The instant death mechanic only exists on that map. So by pure definition, regardless of your opinion, this mechanic is unique. There really isn't anything else to say about this other than you're just 100% wrong.
"
DestroTheGod wrote:
It's a game. It's supposed to have challenges. This is another way to challenge the strength of your build. Challenges keep the gameplay interesting by ensuring not everything is "lolfaceroll hold r and win".

I don't see the problem.

"that's not "unique"."

The instant death mechanic only exists on that map. So by pure definition, regardless of your opinion, this mechanic is unique. There really isn't anything else to say about this other than you're just 100% wrong.

johnKeys hates one-shots, whether or not it can be reliably dodged/circumvented lol.
i've done that map 4 times, to bad the unique strongboxes aren't that 'unique'
basicly they don't drop really good stuff, but who knows in the future =)
what up cuzz
"
DestroTheGod wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
nicely done, but I don't like the concept this map.
DPS-check and running speed check or insta-die? really? that's not "unique".
Acton's Nightmare. Coward's Trial. Death And Taxes. heck even Olmec (hate that one-shot-fest) are unique.

I don't see the problem.

"that's not "unique"."

If there was no time limit the map would be lolfaceroll. It is a gimmick many games use to avoid having to come up with unique ideas and challenges. In RPG's they are just gear checks.
I heard that the unique gemcutters can drop the unique skill gem: Cast Line. Its what you need in order to fish...
"They... Eats... The Mens..."
IGN: M_Judge
"
Monsterjudge wrote:
I heard that the unique gemcutters can drop the unique skill gem: Cast Line. Its what you need in order to fish...

don't start.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
"
consca wrote:

johnKeys hates one-shots, whether or not it can be reliably dodged/circumvented lol.

more accurately put, I hate "challenges" which "challenge" your trading-grade uber-gear or RMT-grade wallet, more than actually challenging your ability to play the game.

Coward's Trial for example, is "get rid of corpses or you may be screwed", plus some other stuff like manual dodging and positioning.

what's Oba? oh that's right:

"Faster than a speeding bullet? More powerful than a locomotive? Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound?
because if you're not well guess what? 10..9..8..7..6..5..4..3..2..1........ BOOM U DEAD BITCH!"
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Oct 14, 2014, 2:26:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info