GGG obviously does not PLAY poe at all.

"
Pliney wrote:
Umm... for all the complainers in this thread, did you ever consider that maybe, just maybe GGG didn't think every single master should have a great currency deal like Vorici and Elreon? Do we really need 7 different options for "free" orbs...

Yes yes we fucking do lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
THIS is the reason people think GGG has no clue whats going on in their game? Something so petty out of all the obvious reasons?

Next $1000 supporter packs should allow supporters to force a dev to level a character to 80 so they have the slightest bit of a grasp on what the hell their game is.
"just for try, for see and for know"
"
MajorThor wrote:
"
"
MajorThor wrote:
When I saw that I could get 10 alchs from Vagan if I paid him 8 regrets I knew that very little thought was put into the Masters' currency exchange. Felt half-assed.

How so? Because clarissa is better? Or because the masters trade in different "rates" than the players?

Because what use is it to have a vendor that sells 10 Alchs for 8 Regrets seeing as I could get 10 alchs from a player trade for 2.5 regrets. Some thought or insight to how the people exchange currency would have been nice. If this was an attempt at adding some pseudo "fee" on the convenience for currency exchange then I could see their logic, but for now it just seems like they slapped in some random numbers.

Well, the point was probably to not make player to player trading completely obsolete but i guess its never good enough for the players, we got masters now who help with self found players and now you guys ask for player to player rates or better from the masters.
Duh lol, is this news? There's plenty of /facepalm stuff in PoE. The elreon 2ex mod? Yeah. How about the map mods that cost 2ex too? lol @ that too. The currency exchange on most masters is retarded too, except for 2 of them. How about the ridiculous 1 shot mechanics that are released through the beginning of each league? The over retardedly strong invasion bosses? remember those? Man If I was in charge of the balance team this game would be as famous as d2
Last edited by woodyfly on Oct 10, 2014, 3:01:39 PM
The 1:3 chromatic to jeweller's rate at vendors never made any sense. And unlike the regret to alchemy conversions, it's not even worth using for self-found players. I think I may have even made a thread complaining about this back in closed beta, lol. 1:1 would be fair while still being a worse deal than P2P trading. Tora's offer would make sense as twenty chromatics for ten jeweller's or even just scrap it altogether and replace it with a scouring to regret conversion.

And Zana's chisel conversion is like ten to eleven chaos off from being reasonable.
"
jdilly23 wrote:

Next $1000 supporter packs should allow supporters to force a dev to level a character to 80 so they have the slightest bit of a grasp on what the hell their game is.

This. It would probably help GGG's image considerably if its own staff members actually bothered to level a character past 50 on their public accounts :P
Last edited by Intersection on Oct 10, 2014, 3:17:16 PM
"
whoismiked wrote:
"cry when it's bad, ignore when it good"

The forum mantra.
Noblesse oblige
"
MajorThor wrote:
"
"
MajorThor wrote:
When I saw that I could get 10 alchs from Vagan if I paid him 8 regrets I knew that very little thought was put into the Masters' currency exchange. Felt half-assed.

How so? Because clarissa is better? Or because the masters trade in different "rates" than the players?

Because what use is it to have a vendor that sells 10 Alchs for 8 Regrets seeing as I could get 10 alchs from a player trade for 2.5 regrets. Some thought or insight to how the people exchange currency would have been nice. If this was an attempt at adding some pseudo "fee" on the convenience for currency exchange then I could see their logic, but for now it just seems like they slapped in some random numbers.

The numbers aren't random (except zana). That's why this thread is so silly. The trade values from masters are based off the values sold by the NPC in towns.
"
This. It would probably help GGG's image considerably if its own staff members actually bothered to level a character past 50 on their public accounts :P

I don't think they would have time for actual development if they did that lol.
"
Elemenz wrote:

I went full mode...

Made my day! ;)
"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info