[1.3 Beyond/Bloodlines/Hardcore] "Budget" Ondar's AA Phys Wander aka. The Wandarcer

Cheers man! Hope you enjoy it.

Very possible to do with flame blast, I just wouldn't recommend it to new players due to reflect. I preferred Arc in the end (easier to kite when your gear is REALLY shit), and there was just too much surprise reflect in Beyond.

Just as a note, I put both my wanders in Standard in the end, and combining their gear I hit 50k single target and 14k GMP/Chain. I wish I hadn't ripped :D
ALT+F4, YOU FOOLS!
Last edited by atlimar on Dec 1, 2014, 5:51:49 PM
I think all people who die in HC wish they didn't RIP :P. Just a comment to you saying flameblast is dangerous due to reflect. I find it quite manageable if you do a burn/prolif build. As if you see a reflect pack, you can just do tiny blasts for the burn. I was trying to level as a crit build and change over to arc when i got closer to maps, but really hit a wall due to mainly missing cast speed. But this could of been avoided if I had a spell echo (1 chaos orb dropped in 55 levels of play).

Im going to run with something like this. As it will require 20 respect points, 18 from quests and 2 from regret orbs. Will most likely run Flameblast + Increased Burn Damage + Ignite Chance + Ele Prolif.

If a 5L is dropped and can get 4x Blue 1x Red, will add spell echo/faster casting.
IGN - Bootloops
Twitch - www.twitch.tv/BootloopsGG
Really nice build! Levelling in a couple of days to 70+ and as my first wander im really happy with it:)

I was planning to Skip AA and go for Acro/PhaseAcro but not sure would be a good idea:)

Atm sitting at 28k single/16k LMP with this gear

Also got this dagger i could master craft but not sure would be a so big improvement:

Any thought?
Swear i saw your wands on reddit not too long ago :P

Fairly sure the 2nd wand could be crafted to be higher overall DPS. Depends on how much currency you got bro.
IGN - Bootloops
@Dracule, that sort of flameblasting would work in a regular league, but prolif was the most dangerous in Beyond. As you'd be charging up a flameblast, the prolif from your earlier blast would kill a monster and spawn a reflect Beyond pack right on top of you. There's no way to safely release the newly charged up blast if that happens :(. Works outside of Beyond, though. Plenty of people were running Flameblast in Beyond, but it's not a great idea unless your build is made especially for combating surprise reflect.

@Freud88, do you have an imprint of that wand without the %IPD roll? The low tier is really unfortunate, and master crafting it would be very underwhelming. You could add elemental damage to it when master crafting to make up for some of the lost DPS, but I'd spend your currency on trying to get a different mod on top of flaring.

If you have enough mana regen to sustain your attack with acro it's a valid option. I personally prefer AA since it makes you pretty much immune to so many things, like void bearers, and other rapid fire enemies. In the end game, you should be able to run lvl 21+ AA, and that's huge compared to Acro. Since we're not going for high block, and only have decently high evasion, acro doesn't really shine. AA is more effective in the end, though I haven't tested it properly.

I'd also switch out your LMP for GMP by now, it helps clear speed a lot. Your overall DPS goes up, even if your tooltip will show a lower number.
ALT+F4, YOU FOOLS!
Last edited by atlimar on Dec 2, 2014, 12:08:38 PM
"
atlimar wrote:

@Freud88, do you have an imprint of that wand without the %IPD roll? The low tier is really unfortunate, and master crafting it would be very underwhelming. You could add elemental damage to it when master crafting to make up for some of the lost DPS, but I'd spend your currency on trying to get a different mod on top of flaring.

If you have enough mana regen to sustain your attack with acro it's a valid option. I personally prefer AA since it makes you pretty much immune to so many things, like void bearers, and other rapid fire enemies. In the end game, you should be able to run lvl 21+ AA, and that's huge compared to Acro. Since we're not going for high block, and only have decently high evasion, acro doesn't really shine. AA is more effective in the end, though I haven't tested it properly.

I'd also switch out your LMP for GMP by now, it helps clear speed a lot. Your overall DPS goes up, even if your tooltip will show a lower number.

Sadly i didn't eternal Flaring befor regal...today i've crafted it and got this
that is about 30 pdps more than past one..i've also traded GMP for LMP and the difference is really huge :D

When i'll get more level will try if i can run AA but atm seems pretty impossible to me :(
Wand looks awesome dude. Hope it didnt cost you too much :P
IGN - Bootloops
"
Dracule wrote:
Wand looks awesome dude. Hope it didnt cost you too much :P

If we consider that "crafting session" only it didn't cost a lot :D
About in 560 Alt i get 1 flaring with lowroll crit chance, a Tyrannical with another useless stats and this Flaring alone...so about 500 Alt a regal and rest from master...pretty cheap ;)
Do we think this is still going to be viable with 1.3? Obviously the tree isn't final but I am curious as to if wander looks still viable and if phys or elemental looks like the better option.
"
Shieze wrote:
Do we think this is still going to be viable with 1.3? Obviously the tree isn't final but I am curious as to if wander looks still viable and if phys or elemental looks like the better option.

wanders will always be viable :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info