[1.3 Beyond/Bloodlines/Hardcore] "Budget" Ondar's AA Phys Wander aka. The Wandarcer

CoD does not work well with this build, unless you can get extremely GG ES gloves/boots (which don't exist on Beyond).

Let me explain.

CoD gives the build around 500-600 mana with EB, at best. It's very hard to break 2.5k mana using that chest, even with ES on other pieces of gear, and that leaves us with about 400 unreserved mana. CoD gives a full 40% damage taken goes too mana, which is too much for the build to deal with. We'd be out of mana all the time when taking damage, preventing us from attacking and freezing. Our mana pool would be overwhelmed. Runnning CoD reduces our HP by 300, and gives us a mana pool that is too small to deal with incoming damage. In the end, we'd struggle to achieve 4700hp + 400 mana as our health pool.

If, instead, I use a 700+es chest piece with 100hp, it will give me nearly 2000 mana, helping us break 3500-4000 total mana, more if we manage to get ES on other pieces of gear. With such a huge mana pool, we'd get close to 1000 unreserved mana. The MoM node would send 30% of incoming damage to mana instead of 40%. The end result, we have 5000hp and 1000 mana. Considering that we're getting about 1000 effective HP by investing 4 skill points to grab MoM, and it allowing us to use a chest with better stats than CoD, it seems like a far better option.

CoD is certainly good, but it's not the answer to everything, and it really doesn't work for this build the way it's set up. It could work, if you wanna drop auras, but dropping DPS also lowers our survivability.

At a much later stage in gearing progression, it might be possible to drop the shield or helmet and use that slot as another ES source, but as it stands, both these slots serve a different purpose.

To use CoD effectively, I would do what LendoKaar is doing in his Wander build, it's build very differently and makes much better use of the chest piece.
ALT+F4, YOU FOOLS!
Last edited by atlimar on Oct 8, 2014, 10:03:06 PM
"
sweet another build that makes me use freeze pulse/flameblast/arc until merciless

boy i cant wait

takes like 5 hours to get to mapping if you arent useless. calm down.
Is this skill tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMEBwW1Bx4HpQj0DkgPqxGWFr8ZihqPIuoj9iaVLJwtHzB8Nj06WElRSbJMs02SUUdTNVVLVcZXK13yXyph4mKsakNrF2yMbRltbH8rf8aCEIIeg9uMNo19jb-VIJUum7WdqqKjvOq9gsBUwfPLvdaK2wvfit-w44TmgejW6QLr5PDV9tr7Cf6z

really optimal for leveling?

I mean, I see too many dexterity nodes for nothing. :/ Is Ondar's guile necessary?
Last edited by uit on Oct 10, 2014, 7:57:38 AM
"
uit wrote:
Is this skill tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMEBwW1Bx4HpQj0DkgPqxGWFr8ZihqPIuoj9iaVLJwtHzB8Nj06WElRSbJMs02SUUdTNVVLVcZXK13yXyph4mKsakNrF2yMbRltbH8rf8aCEIIeg9uMNo19jb-VIJUum7WdqqKjvOq9gsBUwfPLvdaK2wvfit-w44TmgejW6QLr5PDV9tr7Cf6z

really optimal for leveling?

I mean, I see too many dexterity nodes for nothing. :/ Is Ondar's guile necessary?
Base int/dex/str does not matter a whole lot for this build, so long as you cover your gem needs. Ondar's Guilde is retardedly powerful, it's also the only route to take with this skill tree if you want to hit close to 160% increased life in the end game (allowing you to hit 5k hp). IMO, Ondar's is worth it just because it makes you immune to Beyond mobs Tornado Shot, which can one shot characters without it.

The dex while levelling is very convenient, since it allows you to level up your gems without needing +dex gear. You will need +str gear in order to level up your reduced mana gems, though.

While levelling with Arc/Flameblast, you are running Grace/HoI/Clarity. If you want to be immune to attack projectiles, you need to pick up Ondar's. It makes levelling up in early maps so much smoother without having to spend currency on levelling gear.

If you have a lot of currency/regrets, just build a straight up crit Arc Witch, following maybe Foxtactics' guide, then respec. I've levelled up 15 75+ chars using my way, and I did not have any problems.

If you are a pure HP char, having a lot of STR is great for hitting 6k+ life in the end game, if you are CI you will need tons of INT to get the maximum benefit for your build. This build goes life+MoM+Ondar's, and still manages to hit 6000 eHP in the end game. Base stats do not matter for us, and we benefit equally from each of them. STR for HP, Dex for better Evasion, and Int for a larger mana pool. We're using each of these resources to stay alive.
ALT+F4, YOU FOOLS!
Last edited by atlimar on Oct 10, 2014, 2:01:51 PM
Alright, I get it. Thanks.

I only have a last question:

Why don't you pick Acrobatics or/and Iron Reflexes?

It's only 4-6 points and I think it's really worth it.
We're using our ES as our mana pool, grabbing Acrobatics we'd be nearly halving it (which nets us less mana regen for Arctic Armour, smaller pool for MoM, etc etc.)

With mirrored gear, you could probably pull off running Acrobatics, and still have enough regen for lvl20+ AA. This is a budget guide for a new league, not a BiS 200ex+ guide :). There are certainly more powerful Wander builds out there if you have the currency.

Arctic Armour is the only reason we're not one shotting ourselves against reflect.

Iron Reflexes removes all our evasion, making Ondar's useless. We'd only total about 5k armour after IR, and that isn't really stopping anything. We have AA to mitigate small to medium sized physical hits.
ALT+F4, YOU FOOLS!
Last edited by atlimar on Oct 10, 2014, 2:25:28 PM
Hi :) Using this guide - very impressed sofar. made the switch at 71 cuz I was sick of flameblast/arc and its definitely working!!

Thanks for writing this up so well - I had never made a wander before but was always intrigued.

I have a question though....why power siphon for single target instead of frenzy?

Here is my gear currently. Any suggestions for what I should work on improving first?

Looking nice! Power Siphon for single target because it hits harder, increasing our chances to freeze bosses. With high enough damage, it doesn't matter - use any skill you like. Frenzy may well end up being stronger.

I would look at improving your wand, but before you get your damage too high you'll need to get higher life rolls on most of your gear pieces, or you'll be at risk with reflect.

Your damage should start improving exponentially as you go on now, assuming you've gone for life nodes first (which I tend to do) you should have all the good wand nodes to pick in the next few levels. You need to start looking for another piece with a high accuracy roll, probably gloves, to keep your to hit chance up.

Also, look for a good rustic sash :)

What's your tooltip GMP dps at this point?

Edit,

You'll also need to start looking to build your mana pool, and get a decently high levelled AA up and running. Again, to mitigate eventual reflect, you don't wanna run into it unprepared.
ALT+F4, YOU FOOLS!
Last edited by atlimar on Oct 12, 2014, 6:04:02 PM
Up
Is auxium good for this build?

Would have to get STR from somewhere else tho.

and on gems, what gems should i get 20% quality by priority?

Aldready got both Power Syphons at 20%.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info