Immortal call is now largely being abused

I don't really care about cheesy mechanics such as immunity, I just won't use them even if that means I might never see Atziri... so be it.

I get there is a problem when players are forced to resort to such things in order to compete, I suppose they should just make these unavailable in future leagues and races if they don't like them, instead of breaking builds in permanent/current ones.
Take care out there.
You are not forced. I never even used a IC setup when i beat atziri with LC. max blockers dont need it and others. We are forced to make compromises though, big time usually dps. This is super cheese because you dont have to. stack dps, leave mitigation at the door. what a deal.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 11, 2014, 6:04:59 AM
wow godkas , as always late to the party i was doing that in onslaught on my powercharger 8sec perpetual immortal call

but glad you found something else than bitching about op dagger

ps onslaught was when you didnt even had an account :P
love that you give feedback always entertaining
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Oct 11, 2014, 7:26:04 AM
"
ventiman wrote:
wow godkas , as always late to the party i was doing that in onslaught on my powercharger 8sec perpetual immortal call

but glad you found something else than bitching about op dagger

ps onslaught was when you didnt even had an account :P
love that you give feedback always entertaining

boy do you even know when the onslaught began?
Last edited by GodKas on Oct 11, 2014, 8:18:49 AM
bump for more feedback for pvp update
i think it is a problem when every build seems to be using it.

hell i got called a noob and proceeded to be berated by a bunch of ass holes from global 820 for not using immortal call and dying to the lag they created on a 76 daily map.
Immunity skills in general are some of the trickiest things to try and balance and very few have ever seen that sort of success. IC seems like it was to be balanced around being a very short duration and potentially even something you either preemptively pop before engaging a heavy physical damage mob/pack, or you keep good track of your Endurance Charges and use Enduring Cry/whatever to make sure those charges are up so you can hit IC. Not only that, but this has now allowed players to almost completely trivialize physical reflect damage, be it the aura or the map mod, especially when you can push IC up to 10+ seconds. A little bit of manual casting and some balancing and you can push high DPS without fear of smashing yourself in the face...not that the threat still isn't there, but it becomes much less an issue in this case.

With CWDT and even CWS, the Spell Echo gem, the increased skill duration nodes on the tree, and other changes that have happened as the months went by, IC is now far easier to keep up and use than before and for durations far longer than probably intended.
"
Tanakeah wrote:
Immunity skills in general are some of the trickiest things to try and balance and very few have ever seen that sort of success. IC seems like it was to be balanced around being a very short duration and potentially even something you either preemptively pop before engaging a heavy physical damage mob/pack, or you keep good track of your Endurance Charges and use Enduring Cry/whatever to make sure those charges are up so you can hit IC. Not only that, but this has now allowed players to almost completely trivialize physical reflect damage, be it the aura or the map mod, especially when you can push IC up to 10+ seconds. A little bit of manual casting and some balancing and you can push high DPS without fear of smashing yourself in the face...not that the threat still isn't there, but it becomes much less an issue in this case.

With CWDT and even CWS, the Spell Echo gem, the increased skill duration nodes on the tree, and other changes that have happened as the months went by, IC is now far easier to keep up and use than before and for durations far longer than probably intended.

Indeed
They will fix this, right after they fix desync.

Not even joking with that statement, both are intertwined.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
They will fix this, right after they fix desync.

Not even joking with that statement.....

If that isn't a joke than I've never heared a joke in my life!

Back to topic: I'm not in love with the nerfhammer BUT the op is right. Running glass cannon builds with 100% phys. dmg migration thanks to perma ic is plain bullshit! Solution is simple without destroying ic - just make it impossible to run ic with cwdt.
"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info