Why are you, as a player, against an auction house similar to D3's?

let see...

1st the droprates would drop ten times or more to account the high availability of item due to AH

2nd it will be a mess implementing AH with that much currency

3rd implementing AH would most likely standardize 1 type of currency as the main one which would destroy the whole idea of multiple currencies
AH is crap. Trading should be as hard as possible imo. No tradewindow. Only out of town, droping items on the floor. Involves the risk of loosing it in a crash. Thats how it should be done imo.
"
CD23 wrote:
"
braddrac wrote:
1) D3's loot mechanics were specifically designed for the AH, mean drop rates were lowered so that the AH wouldn't be completely flooded with items, causing massive inflation(and the RMAH to not make any cash..). D2 wasn't balanced this way, POE isn't balanced this way.

1) Believe that if you want, but it's tin-foil nonsense and everyone knows it. I never had problems finding stuff for both my character and to trade for other stuff for my character. The people who can't are bad players and I'm never going to care what bad players think.

srdly who are u trying to fool here? they admitted in a blue post that because of AH they had to lower the droprates and item quality rates to not overflood the AH
"
MangoXL wrote:
AH is crap. Trading should be as hard as possible imo. No tradewindow. Only out of town, droping items on the floor. Involves the risk of loosing it in a crash. Thats how it should be done imo.

that is true hardcore :)

I like it to an extent.. however trade window out of town would be okay..

reminded me of this video..

WARNING NSFW!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAYL5H46QnQ

WARNING NSFW!
If there is a Hell! I'll see you there!
Last edited by Necx on Feb 6, 2013, 3:21:04 PM
"
CD23 wrote:
"
braddrac wrote:
1) D3's loot mechanics were specifically designed for the AH, mean drop rates were lowered so that the AH wouldn't be completely flooded with items, causing massive inflation(and the RMAH to not make any cash..). D2 wasn't balanced this way, POE isn't balanced this way.

2) Currency is not just currency if it has other uses. Gold can be used for buying stuff and nothing else. Orbs all have useful functionality, by giving them up you're actually losing an option for yourself, not just lowering an arbitrary number of stuff you have.

3) Vendor prices don't dictate currency values, but they do cap them. Eg. A jeweler's orb will never be worth more than 2 transmutations, because it can be traded for that at a vendor,

1) Believe that if you want, but it's tin-foil nonsense and everyone knows it. I never had problems finding stuff for both my character and to trade for other stuff for my character. The people who can't are bad players and I'm never going to care what bad players think.

2) Just spend gold on crafting. Essentially the same exact result. Anything that is not part of current D3 crafting can be added and again you end up with the same exact result. The fact that POE currency can do something has absolutely no effect whatsoever on its value as a currency. Nobody cares about what the currency can do when they trade for it (unless they are specifically trading for the functionality of the orbs), all they care about is that they can spend that currency on what they want. Just...like...gold...

3) They may cap what you can get from the game, but vendors will never cap the value of a currency in relation to an item.

1) Now you are being the one incapable of critical thinking and just plain rude. He's not the only one that believes that. He and probably hundreds of others. The gameplay revolves around the AH, let's just face it. You can tell me not to use it couse nobody is forcing me but i would be a fool not to, couse of the horrible RNG and itemization. Tho using it gives me a fair boost advantage that i lost in comparison to finding this thing myself or trading for it - aka actually playing the game, not some AH simulator (but regarding to trading, if i got crap to begin with who would trade with me anyway?). This only makes the gap bigger and bigger between self found and AH, and the more you use the AH the more you become attached to it. You must be a really lucky fellow if every item you found was a substantial upgrade to the previous one. In fact i love the hearing of that and would like to play that game too!

2) Oh God... just don't bring crafting up - whatever the itemization, the same the crafting. It's pure luck and in a large % of the time your are better up spending that gold in the AH than wasting in on crafting - hence another thumbs down for the AH couse it renders crafting useless. PoE crafting is way better couse you have more impact on the item itself and can turn the scale a little bit in your favor. Witch is only a + for crafting and actually gives that word some meaning. D3's crafting is more like bad version of gambling. The second part of the argument "people don't care what they trade for" made little to no sense, no offence. In a node to the previous point, obrs and stuff gives even new players a chance to get something cool couse even experienced players look for stuff that new players can find. Not just plain gold, eh?

3) I dunno what you meant by that but nobody would want to spend more than what an item is worth. When you have a fixed guidance (vendor cap's) it just protects newer players from bad experience. If you condone scamming, third party sites trading and such well then too bad for you.

In conclusion if GGG manages to come up with a market system that avoids any of the above mentioned problems then im am all up for that. If no, better off with it...
Last edited by lord_vital on Feb 6, 2013, 3:36:18 PM
Why is it that people go to every new game's forums and demand the developers change the game and make it like WOW/D3?

Why can't a game be different and have different features?

Why can't people just choose to play the game with features they like? instead of demanding every new game be turned into a WoW/D3 clone?
"
lord_vital wrote:

1) Now you are being the one incapable of critical thinking and just plain rude. He's not the only one that believes that. He and probably hundreds of others. The gameplay revolves around the AH, let's just face it.

Believing a conspiracy theory and it being true are two entirely different things. Taking the auction house into account (which is exactly what they did) is extremely necessary in a Diablo game. That doesn't mean they tailored drops to force people to go to the auction house.

If you mean to say the gameplay revolves around trading, well you're darn right it does. It's a darn Diablo game for cripes sakes! Of course it revolves around trading! Since the auction house is the next logical step of trading (diminishing all the hassles inherent to an itemized currency system), then yes the game revolves around the auction house, exactly as a Diablo game should.

Oh you think you have to use the auction house to progress? What a bunch of hooey. I certainly didn't need to. I found all kinds of stuff on my own. Why? Because I know how Diablo works. I don't expect handouts on the way. I already know that sometimes you have to farm a few areas during the leveling process.

The people who don't know how to play Diablo are the ones who say such stupid things like they're required to use the auction house to progress. You aren't required. You are at a disadvantage when playing self-found, just like you were in d2; but the auction house is far from required.

Whatever. No point in wasting my time typing essays. You guys will figure it out soon enough.
Last edited by CD23 on Feb 6, 2013, 3:41:19 PM
If you want to ruin this game with an AH, stop playing now!!!!
IGN: RosyRed
I have no problem with Auction Houses, they work fine in most other games.

Diablo 3's problem is it's the PRIMARY way to gear up due to bad itemization and RNG. Auction Houses don't seem to have a place in loot-based RPGs due to it's very nature.
I wouldn't mind a Barter House, where you could put an item up and state what you wanted for it. Sort of like the noticeboards in town, but for item trading.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info