+1 Gems Skyforth boot project, archive of +1 Gems Atziri's Acuity/Shavronne's Wrappings

elezra corrupted his legacy 6L shavs and got +2 to vaal xD
"
karitas wrote:
elezra corrupted his legacy 6L shavs and got +2 to vaal xD

this is absolutely not funny!^^
IGN: Lawyne (Stream: www.twitch.tv/lawyne) [inactive]
100% Life Shaper in 1s https://www.twitch.tv/videos/173720595
Practical Blade Flurry https://tinyurl.com/practicalBF
@Blubbber, I'm sorry old friend.
I guess I'm just being gradually driven mad by the absolute mess that is risk/reward and reward in general in this game, while still being hopelessly addicted to the things the game does so damn well.
can't remember a game in the recent 20 years, I had so extreme mixed feelings about.

"here's a huge skill tree, tons of mechanics and endless combination of gems, which will make any fan of RPG feel like a kid in a candy store, but we will troll and bully you with PRNG and one-shot gear-check 'difficulty' until you lose your mind"
this design by GGG, which is almost like a James Bond villain's master-plan at times.
pure genius, yet so utterly evil.

and when someone just publicly goes "YOLO" on a collection of stuff, any one of which I'll never. ever. fucking ever have no matter how good I get in the actual game (read: killing stuff) - that's like pouring a whole bucket of salt onto an open wound...
it just isn't fair. not a bit :(

@Jake, if you are as "lawful good" in-game as people here say you are - I apologize for all the "D-bag" name calling.
good luck with your project.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Oct 9, 2014, 1:25:15 PM
Good Luck!

P.s: evrytime a shav bricks a kiwi dies :(
No Fun Allowed
“Seek not greater wealth, but simpler pleasure; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity.”
"
johnKeys wrote:
@Blubbber, I'm sorry old friend.
I guess I'm just being gradually driven mad by the absolute mess that is risk/reward and reward in general in this game, while still being hopelessly addicted to the things the game does so damn well.
can't remember a game in the recent 20 years, I had so extreme mixed feelings about.

"here's a huge skill tree, tons of mechanics and endless combination of gems, which will make any fan of RPG feel like a kid in a candy store, but we will troll and bully you with PRNG and one-shot gear-check 'difficulty' until you lose your mind"
this design by GGG, which is almost like a James Bond villain's master-plan at times.
pure genius, yet so utterly evil.

and when someone just publicly goes "YOLO" on a collection of stuff, any one of which I'll never. ever. fucking ever have no matter how good I get in the actual game (read: killing stuff) - that's like pouring a whole bucket of salt onto an open wound...
it just isn't fair. not a bit :(

@Jake, if you are as "lawful good" in-game as people here say you are - I apologize for all the "D-bag" name calling.
good luck with your project.

You do realize your highest leveled char is 78 right? There's going to be a disparity between you and the guy that spent 4 months farming end game content.
"
LomitoGod wrote:

You do realize your highest leveled char is 78 right? There's going to be a disparity between you and the guy that spent 4 months farming end game content.

look at my join date. it's actually incorrect because I started when Open Beta came out - so yeah almost two years. I can also tell you I played around 2000 hours of Path Of Exile.

trust me when I say, I became an "altoholic" and limited the maximum levels of my characters by choice.
I'm here for a long enough time and experienced enough to know, there in fact is no light at the end of the tunnel - so why bother? why grind beyond 75/78 where it gets even slower and even more frustrating, while troll PRNG stays exactly the same.

I'll get screwed with my rewards regardless. I'll take insane risks and see nothing from them, or take no risk at all and have the dice come out right (which very rarely happens).
even if I - theoretically - kill GMP -max Palace Dominus, my chances at that GG Unique/awesome-build-finishing-rare remain the same as popping a barrel in a map 5 levels under that.

and I'll never have a Shavronne's Wrappings.
ever.
not in a billion years of monster-killing.
never...

and same goes for any other "tradecore" item in this game.
whenever someone flaunts one on the forum... endless frustration.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Oct 9, 2014, 2:24:41 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
LomitoGod wrote:

look at my join date. it's actually incorrect because I started when Open Beta came out - so yeah almost two years. I can also tell you I played around 2000 hours of Path Of Exile.

trust me when I say, I became an "altoholic" and limited the maximum levels of my characters by choice.
I'm here for a long enough time and experienced enough to know, there in fact is no light at the end of the tunnel - so why bother? why grind beyond 75/78 where it gets even slower and even more frustrating, while troll PRNG stays exactly the same.

I'll get screwed with my rewards regardless. I'll take insane risks and see nothing from them, or take no risk at all and have the dice come out right (which very rarely happens).
even if I - theoretically - kill GMP -max Palace Dominus, my chances at that GG Unique/awesome-build-finishing-rare remain the same as popping a barrel in a map 5 levels under that.

and I'll never have a Shavronne's Wrappings.
ever.
not in a billion years of monster-killing.
never...

and same goes for any other "tradecore" item in this game.
whenever someone flaunts one on the forum... endless frustration.

You're giving up without even trying. And I'm also pretty sure that jake started playing during the last temp leagues.
"
johnKeys wrote:
why grind beyond 75/78 where it gets even slower and even more frustrating, while troll PRNG stays exactly the same.

Doesn't stay the same.

I can guarantee if you grind to 95 with IR culling on your gear you will make at least 50 exalts which on my league = 3 Shavs.

It's not about how many hours you spend in the game, that literally doesn't matter, how much quality time actually matters.

Never getting past 78 which in my opinion is where the game actually starts - hardcore grinding 78s, the actual endgame, is not quality game time.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Oct 9, 2014, 3:27:19 PM
"
LomitoGod wrote:

You're giving up without even trying. And I'm also pretty sure that jake started playing during the last temp leagues.

Well if he had given up he'd have stopped playing.

Really, the only strategy is to play more and trade even more than you play. The more times you roll the dice (with the added modifiers of IIR) the more chance you'll get something good.

As much as I think the esteemed Mr Keys goes over-the-top sometime, I find his criticism of the slavish devotion to RNG and the screwed-up risk/reward aspects of the game to be accurate. also too the fact that I hate this game damn quite a bit of the time and keep playing it anyway. I need some psychological help. So again I sympathize with his view of things.

I had a Shav's dropped for me. Split part Dom runs. On the second run.

What did I do to deserve that ? Well I guess I got a character to a point where I could do split Dom runs. The MF leader of the group ? Not so lucky, even after what probably amounts to 100s of runs.

So you know, there kind of is NOT a risk/reward system. Run crazy map mods ? Get shit. Kick over a vase, get an exalt. It's really pretty stupid. And it's pretty frustrating when you get up in the 80s and it's gear check, gear check, gear check. oh and map pool, map pool, map pool. and you alch the damn things and you don't get map drops.

The FM has definitely helped the situation and was a very welcome addition, so it seems that maybe GGG understands this a bit.

I know Jake played the game more than is sensible ;-) So, possibly he deserves to own Wraeclast, but a lot of other people play that much too, and are also good at the game, and aren't doing nearly as well.

Same as it ever was, takes currency to make currency. And remember you do much better in this game trading than you do playing. And no, trading is most definitely not playing the game.

"
plasticeyes wrote:

I had a Shav's dropped for me. Split part Dom runs. On the second run.

What did I do to deserve that ? Well I guess I got a character to a point where I could do split Dom runs. The MF leader of the group ? Not so lucky, even after what probably amounts to 100s of runs.

I did something on the order of 10,000 Dominus runs at 100 IIQ / 400 IIR and never saw a Shavs.

Lucky people make me sad :(
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info