new monster

"
johnKeys wrote:
sign me up for both

like Dropbears

and

don't like their current balance/implementation

I agree with you. They are nifty little creatures, and I feel that they fit quite well where they are.

But, every time they show up, I feel like the game has glitched somehow. The speed at which they fall seems unnatural; Either they are violating the principles of terminal velocity, or they have been accurately dropped from a height of 30,000 feet.

Kinda veering into desync-whinge territory here, they definitely are an exascerbating factor. I think this ties into the first point.

Thirdly, I play with the sound off, effectively mimicing the Deaf Experience. I have no way of knowing when a pile of supersonic tree turds is going to fall on my head, except when I'm snapped back into the middle of them.

Just my thoughts. I like them. They need to be tweaked.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
CanHasPants wrote:

What exactly do you hope to achieve? Do you expect to affect some kind of change, or are you just perpetuating a pointless whinge?

I reply with something i said when i added the strawpoll
"

Edit : Added strawpoll, just to gather info. Feel free to vote

"
CanHasPants wrote:
I mean, I get it. You don't like them, and you've expressed that; perhaps your voice was heard and will be taken into consideration for future content releases. Certainly, there's no chance that they'll be removed from the game, but perhaps their mechanics could be made more interesting? More well telegraphed and deadly attacks are always welcome (I seriously thought Soulless Watchers were Charan's at first, because he's the one who turned me onto the idea of well telegraphed attacks). But you're offering none of that by bumping, so what purpose does this thread serve anymore?

Heard or not the mob is going to stay and i accept that. At this point the thread's purpose is just for everyone to share his opinion about the monster (not just creator's guildmates or friends or admirers or haters), nothing more nothing less.

"
CanHasPants wrote:
Out of 31 votes (impressive sample) 14 (45%) like Dropbears, 4 (13%) don't like their current balance/implementation, 8 (26%) are impassive, and 5 (16%) straight up don't like them. Let democracy ring!
(That's an invitation to provide a little more than "my thread is dying; bump.")

31 votes is nothing compared to the number of active players. By no means i believe that this "pie" will change, but more votes = better info (for me, for you, for GGG)
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
I dont like it's design, it's another of those "Oh shit what the fuck killed me?" kind of things.
"

Also, you're choosing to play with the sound off, Antnee. Did you seriously think that argument would hold any water at all?

I choose to play with the sound off because the game performs shockingly better that way.

So, yes, I'm gimping myself. I get that. There are folks who play life with the sound off too, and I'm not sure they should be ignored either. Simple solution: tiny fuzzy shadows that grow under the falling bears, which match their intensity/sharpness with the sound of the bears. Same surprise fucker concept, but with a small visual aid.

I say that, knowing full well that it's probably lower on my priority list than any other feedback I could come up with on the subject.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
People really die to bears really frightens me.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
In re: Soulless Watcher: The reason I initially thought this monster might have been yours was because it came shortly after a conversation between you and Scrotie (iirc?) about well designed telegraphs. Might have been a conversation between Scrotie and somebody else? Whatever, it happened and it's something I keep in mind (since, well, I like to contemplate "what if"s, probably too much).

The "what if" surrounding Dropbears revolves around the quality of their telegraph and their potential to contribute something more profound to pack dynamics. "What if they were more like Soulless Watchers?" Granted, at this point, we know you did not have much say in their design, and their design is just fine right now (imo). But letting go of that "what if" is a difficult thing, when the other side shows you something interesting.

Soulless Watchers' attacks are exceptionally well telegraphed, and their effect can be quite damning without being directly fatal. There sems to be a positive correlation between fun/entertainment/enjoyability and how proportionate an attack's effects are to its telegraphing. Considering Dropbears, I am growing more attached to them becoming something more than "Surprise, fucker!" To do that, I see their attack being physically telegraphed (via rapidly growing shadows) and their damage augmented by a stack-able "less movement speed" debuff. Sort of like the "dropBear Trap" idea, but less of a "bash my face into the wall because fuck immobility" thing. They wouldn't be outright fatal, but their affect on pack composition would be noticeable--if you less able to kite, some pack combinations could become exceptionally deadly. I could see Dropbears finding a vauable and well received home in maps (and Endless Ledge!!) in that case.

Mind you, I'm not sure that really sticks to the plot--what Dropbears are--but so far as monster design is concerned they could add considerably to PoE's layers of complexity.

I've said before--that and $0.75 will get you a cup of coffee ;D Just my $0.75. In any case, it's in GGG's hands now.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
>.>

<.<

:D

Spoiler
Was hoping maybe GGG would read the thread while developing 1.2.4 changes and decide to tweak the damage a little to make room for a debuff ;)
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
CanHasPants wrote:
In re: Soulless Watcher: The reason I initially thought this monster might have been yours was because it came shortly after a conversation between you and Scrotie (iirc?) about well designed telegraphs. Might have been a conversation between Scrotie and somebody else? Whatever, it happened and it's something I keep in mind (since, well, I like to contemplate "what if"s, probably too much).

The "what if" surrounding Dropbears revolves around the quality of their telegraph and their potential to contribute something more profound to pack dynamics. "What if they were more like Soulless Watchers?" Granted, at this point, we know you did not have much say in their design, and their design is just fine right now (imo). But letting go of that "what if" is a difficult thing, when the other side shows you something interesting.

Soulless Watchers' attacks are exceptionally well telegraphed, and their effect can be quite damning without being directly fatal. There sems to be a positive correlation between fun/entertainment/enjoyability and how proportionate an attack's effects are to its telegraphing. Considering Dropbears, I am growing more attached to them becoming something more than "Surprise, fucker!" To do that, I see their attack being physically telegraphed (via rapidly growing shadows) and their damage augmented by a stack-able "less movement speed" debuff. Sort of like the "dropBear Trap" idea, but less of a "bash my face into the wall because fuck immobility" thing. They wouldn't be outright fatal, but their affect on pack composition would be noticeable--if you less able to kite, some pack combinations could become exceptionally deadly. I could see Dropbears finding a vauable and well received home in maps (and Endless Ledge!!) in that case.

Mind you, I'm not sure that really sticks to the plot--what Dropbears are--but so far as monster design is concerned they could add considerably to PoE's layers of complexity.

I've said before--that and $0.75 will get you a cup of coffee ;D Just my $0.75. In any case, it's in GGG's hands now.

this.
every single word.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
GJ GGG, u managed to add koalas in game:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info