new monster

I rather like the cute and super deadly look, it does sort of look like stitch, but eh, stitch was also cute and super deadly.
Well, Ursas are obviously based on Koalas, which are cuddly. And so is Stitch. Pissed off Koalas can also rip your face to shreds.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
well you can't deny it is a bit of a troll, Charan.
especially since it's based on our very own - smaller/cuter - version of "Bigfoot".

I do like the "element of surprise" though.

one can expect a giant bear/worm, a cannibal, a monstrous, twisted pretty-much-undead Sarn citizen, or the obligatory ARPG zombie/skeleton to try to rip him apart.

one doesn't expect something which at first sight seems cute and cuddly, to try to murder him and tear his bleeding heart out.

though it's a concept which already existed in the game before the Drop Bears, in the form of small monkeys and Rhoas.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Sep 30, 2014, 1:52:29 PM
[Removed by Support]

At least dude make a monster that fits the atmosphere and dark feel of PoE!

[Removed by Support]
Beta Member Since 2010
Last edited by Dan_GGG on Oct 1, 2014, 9:39:47 PM
I like the addition.
Noblesse oblige
when I get more money I'm ma make a Stygian doll that's adorable :O
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Kalidor wrote:
At least dude make a monster that fits the atmosphere and dark feel of PoE!

A relatively 'harmless' animal, that used to feed purely on vegetable matter, mutated into something with incredibly creepy jaws that is clearly now a carnivore and ruthlessly hunts you for food?

Yeah your right, that isn't morbid, dark, or anything. They should have just been vegetarians still so they didn't attack the player and you felt bad for slaughtering them.

I mean come on, the rhoas are pretty no-in-the-atmosphere, we have things like the crabs which walk forwards (not sideways, weird right) but they aren't particularily dark or gritty. We have the monkeys which if anything the koala's make them look downright bland with the koala's interesting jaws, etc
I wonder if any of you is old enough (and well-traveled, gamewise) to remember Dave Hargraves' quasi-addendum to the original Dungeons and Dragons, The Arduin Grimoire? If so, remember Kill Kittens?

Here's a quote from an RPG forum a few years bacK:

"
I still remember my cat-loving and cat-owning sister screaming at the top of her lungs "Kill it! Kill it!" to the astonishment of the other players, upon finding a cute kitten in the middle of nowhere, because she'd encountered Kill Kittens in a previous adventure ...

Yeah, they were that awful... But SO cute! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I didn't think i would ever see a monster in PoE and start laughing until these. Dropbears do seem out of place. They are freaking hilarious before being deadly and that's why they feel wrong.

Meh, at least they are not unicorns.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Oct 1, 2014, 5:30:02 AM
This monster is meh, but still more immersive than butterfly wings, those look so fucking ridiculous and every other guy has them.

So act 4 boss is Yogi with butterfly wings, maybe?
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info