New Mob: Plumetting Ursa, the new Devourer

I'd hop on and show you if my gaming computer wasn't broken, and I didn't have class in an hour haha
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to always tell the difference.
I completely was not expecting these things. I ripped my 63 beyond yesterday for standing still to cast spells and five of these cuddly bears fell on my face. I had seen them prior but thought they could only fall from the trees like the monkeys. How very wrong I was!
"

Do your research before you open your mouth in future.

The creature is a dropbear, a mythical, legendary beast from Australian lore. Wraeclast is a proto-Australia.

Finally, it was my design, my choice. If you don't like it, too fucking bad. ^_^

Funny that you tell him to do his research..

Drop bears are a made up joke us Australians play on tourists, nothing more, nothing less. They certainly are not legendary and as far as being mythical goes, yes they're fictional but there is no lore surrounding them, no whack jobs out there claiming to have seen them such as with "big foot" and "loch ness" for example.
IGNs - GotBrainDamageInIntro
How infested is infested? I mean are we talking a whole elementary school full of head lice infestation? Or a couple of friends with head lice infestation? Because right now I am picturing a torrential down pour of Dropbears as you step off the road...which is hilarious and terrifying.
Beyond_Bow_BobMKIII Level 80 Tornado Shot Scion
not going to read 17 pages so i hope this wasnt posted yet...

my first thought when 4 of those falled over me

[removed by support]
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Last edited by Jess_GGG on Sep 29, 2014, 5:26:24 PM
"

...And you seriously think the latter two started as anything else?

Well considering there are groups of people who legitimately believe in big foot trying to prove his existance and there is nobody out there trying to find any drop bears (because everyone knows it is a joke, except for you apparently) yea I feel their origins are likely to be completely different. Literally if you google drop bear the very first result explains that it is a joke, there is no documentation that I can find in regards to big foot or loch ness monster originating as a local joke.

"

What is with people online not knowing when to just let things be? Seriously. Is being right THAT important to you?

Seemed pretty important to you when you thought you were right, but whatever. I just saw you acting all pompous and thought I'd educate you. Okay? Bye.

IGNs - GotBrainDamageInIntro
Last edited by Wang_Jouster on Sep 29, 2014, 5:29:54 PM
"
"
Borgese wrote:
Went to see what the hype was about and holy crap they're so cute! Ran around trying to trigger more killer koalas then a rare one dropped this for me.
What's not to love about them? :P
It's a bit weird how they can drop in the middle of a road where there are no trees though.

I made the very same observation when testing them on alpha.

The intended destination is Fellshrine Ruins -- and never on the road. You see, spawning of monsters is done by tileset, and Fellshrine has two distinct tilesets. The plan was (and remains) to have dropbears infest Fellshrine Ruins off the road, such that if you stay on the road, you're safe, but if you stray, you get punished. This way, Fellshrine could remain a farming area if you ran the road, but a much more interesting experience if you allowed yourself to be tempted from the path.

Once they add more trees to Fellshrine (the relevant dev to do so has been away recently, and I didn't want to delay the monster any longer), I hope this can be made a reality.

As I said on reddit, for now, we just have to imagine storm clouds full of dropbears.

Dropbears from outer space? I can live with that!
"
iamacyborg wrote:
"
Route1 wrote:
Eh...I mean it's funny but shouldn't a new monster actually be...you know...scary? This cute stuff shouldn't exist in this world.

Yeah, those monkeys are terrifying, and those bandits? 2spooky5me.

Actually yeah, I agree. They're all pretty lame. I absolutely love this game but the monsters in this game are pretty damn uninspired.

Oh snap, MORE DIFFERENT VERSIONS SKELETONS AND ZOMBIES!
I cleared all of Act 2 merc with ease with a squishy archer in a tabula with just 1700 HP.

These koalas posed no threat, they were easy to deal with.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
"
Borgese wrote:
Went to see what the hype was about and holy crap they're so cute! Ran around trying to trigger more killer koalas then a rare one dropped this for me.
What's not to love about them? :P
It's a bit weird how they can drop in the middle of a road where there are no trees though.

I made the very same observation when testing them on alpha.

The intended destination is Fellshrine Ruins -- and never on the road. You see, spawning of monsters is done by tileset, and Fellshrine has two distinct tilesets. The plan was (and remains) to have dropbears infest Fellshrine Ruins off the road, such that if you stay on the road, you're safe, but if you stray, you get punished. This way, Fellshrine could remain a farming area if you ran the road, but a much more interesting experience if you allowed yourself to be tempted from the path.

Once they add more trees to Fellshrine (the relevant dev to do so has been away recently, and I didn't want to delay the monster any longer), I hope this can be made a reality.

As I said on reddit, for now, we just have to imagine storm clouds full of dropbears.

Will the ones in Fellshrine be skeletons?
When I kill a man he stays dead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info