Why Play Rampage or Beyond?

im actually upset at the fact that masters/hideouts dont carry over or atleast give some kind of exp boost when everything is transfered to standard, so whats the point in even playing in these leagues unless you want to have extra movement speed while killing stuff(pointless if you use Whirling Blades, Leap Slam, Lightning Warp) i can only assume that 60-75% of the poe population uses, so that whole rampage mod is pointless...yet you can still level masters in the rampage league only to have everything youve done erased and while waiting for the next league to start you cant craft anything bc you spent your time grinding master in the 3month league....Whats the point of playing in the new leagues besides zana lvl 8 mod and the league only uniques which are selling for 2-5 chaos
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Mainly it's a fresh start. Like me I should not be playing in rampage. I play like 20 hrs a week. total casually. Will never compete on ladder or anything like that. But I find it fun starting all over with no gear. Zero to hero lol.

If I stay in std I got uber gear there collected and game would be cake walk.

Oh yeah I forgot about economy. Can actually sell shit when new leagues start. Std? Better be GG gear. No real movement on economy in standard. Hard to make any currency unless you're some kind of mirrorer.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 28, 2014, 4:40:17 AM
I get that its a fresh start but all of the leagues previously had something taht really drew players to the leagues rather then just sitting on std playing with lvl 85 fully respected toons and allocating an entire toon in 5 mins but the fact remains this 3month league for softcore was a complete flop and with how bad dsync/rubberbanding i dont even want to play beyond because i feel like im limited to either a arrow toon or spellcaster or ST just so things dont get close to me bc i dont want anything near me...i mean the 1month league had more draw to it then this, i realize that with the launch of forsaken master being game wide rather then league it kinda pulled away from playing in the leagues in the first place
Yeah a lot of people have complained about the masters situation and not wanting to re-level, again. I'll probably stay in std next time unless two things happen. a) its way faster to lvl them. b) offers more compelling content. I don't like rampage mod nor beyond either so it better get better.

So yeah fresh start is all it is.
Git R Dun!
I always started in the new leagues because I wanted to experience the new mechanics right away.

Rampage is the worst so far, on par with Onslaught. Simply uninteresting.
I like to start over. I don't get as excited to play a league where I already have everything I can ever want. As far as leagues go though, these two were very lackluster in unique content.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Fresh start and first look/beta like testing of new content and all the good/bad that comes with that. Fresh economy too which is good for sellers, although I sell in standard all the time. 3 trades in past hour as a matter of fact.

Permanent = buyers market
temporary = sellers market

Broad generalization that seems mostly true. Stupid rare legacy and mirrored items excluded but no one needs those.

Side note: Expecting anything permanent to transfer to next temp league is completely contrary to the spirit of temp leagues.
fresh start makes the game look not as broken as it is in permanent leagues

also no lifers get a new ladder
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
"
C1ON1 wrote:
[...]
yet you can still level masters in the rampage league only to have everything youve done erased and while waiting for the next league to start you cant craft anything bc you spent your time grinding master in the 3month league
[...]

Afaik you don't lose all your progress. From the 1.2 Patch Notes:

"
When the new challenge leagues end, your hideout stashes will be merged with the destination leagues (Rampage with Standard, Beyond with Hardcore). Your favour totals will be added together. The highest reputation value with each master will be used.
They have already stated that whatever you accomplish in the temp leagues will carry over to Standard so I don't see the problem there. Rampage bonuses aren't just movespeed either. Check your sheet DPS every couple of kills it also gives attack/cast speed and or additional damage. If you've ever been in the upper 500 kill streak range it gets insanely fast and really fun to keep pushing, sadly this is only really achievable in maps.

My point is that Rampage is fun for some of us, Beyond is fun for some of us. If you don't like it then play standard or hardcore instead of complaining about it. I see nothing wrong with either league and both are miles better then the garbage that was Onslaught. There's always going to be fresh starts and that's the main attraction for any of these leagues to begin with. Nifty little gimmicks each time are just a fun little bonus to keep the game interesting.

GGG has also said some where that they wanted these leagues to focus more on the addition of the masters than the leagues themselves. (I might be wrong here though.)
XBOX-----------------
Kitava Supporter
Dominator Supporter
1st Lvl 100: Incursion League
1st SSF UE, UA, and Shaper: Delve League

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info