Why Play Rampage or Beyond?

If hardcrore wasnt so dead, i wouldnt play beyond. But it is, so i have to.
"
Cataca wrote:
If hardcrore wasnt so dead, i wouldnt play beyond. But it is, so i have to.

Legacy Leagues are typically always dead (in exception of Softcore lol) in these types of games.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
Asking myself this question since 3 weeks: "Why do i play in a league ???". Almost no difference with standard, rampage bonus is fun...the first time yeah...
About new economy, yup it's a good point to play in league, but a lot of people are out of orbs and prices are so ridiculous in a 3 months league, so only very very good items can find a buyer (crown of eyes 3 ex lol for example)...

So, i think i won't play a league anymore. No interrest at all

Can someone explains to me a bit more what will happen when league ends about masters ? I've read somewhere they will be transfered in standard, may be i'm wrong.
Last edited by Gryzorrr on Sep 28, 2014, 9:39:21 AM
Oh well. What I found is that you'll get 90%> of the necesarry mods on lvl 6 masters, which is ez to attain even in new leagues. Now for grinding to lvl 8.... yeah it sucks if you have to do that but those who achieve it will be able to charge HEAVILY for services. That's the upside, i guess/
For me, I chose not to. Three months is too long for a single character... which I usually devote about a month to.
While Rampage doesn't really add anything to the game its still nice to have challenges to complete, and rewards to win for doing so. Fresh economy is nice too.
I wouldn't care if there wasn't any league mod, I would still play temp leagues just like always played ladders in d2. Having everything I want available to me isn't fun in my book.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
playing in a new league is like playing a new released game, everyone starts from 0 on equal bases.

what's so difficult to understand there?
Afer playing in the new leagues i msut say that all the talk about the fresh economys is jsut bullshit, i you want to start form 0 you might even get well geared on standard cheaper because more items are availible there, in new leagues anyone has the default prices in mind anyways and everthing is overpriced and people jsut wait for noob which can be scammed,
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
Last edited by StormHunter on Sep 28, 2014, 12:46:51 PM
Im not entirely sold on the idea that new league economies are better for softcore either, for hardcore maybe. In softcore leagues exalts go to stupid prices etc, most people cant afford to pay large prices for items, not enough currency in circulation etc. During the month league between ambush and Rampage I made about 600 exalts selling gear in standard, a lot of that was trades for 4-10 chaos a pop, its not like I sold 3x 200ex items. I dont think its hard to sell stuff there, it was way easier than making 600 ex in 4 weeks of a fresh league thats for sure. The hype just doesnt live up to the reality in my experience.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info