Why Play Rampage or Beyond?

I like the temp leagues for the fresh start. I am not much on trading, so that really has little effect on me. Obviously some leagues have been better than others. Rampage has been fairly un-eventful to be honest. I don't play hardcore due to some of the inherent issues that make it not truly hardcore.

Still sometimes it is fun to start with nothing and build up from scratch. Then when the league ends it gets moved to standard and I can figure out what early build items I want to keep and/or get rid of.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
"
C1ON1 wrote:
im actually upset at the fact that masters/hideouts dont carry over or atleast give some kind of exp boost when everything is transfered to standard

Are you sure about that? Who said that?

1.2.0 Patch Note:
"
Chris wrote:
When the new challenge leagues end, your hideout stashes will be merged with the destination leagues (Rampage with Standard, Beyond with Hardcore). Your favour totals will be added together. The highest reputation value with each master will be used.
fkxLegacySpectral : lvl 97 Raider ST HowA [Legacy]
fkxBreachSlayer : lvl 95 Slayer Blade Flurry [Breach]
fkxCrockett : lvl 94 Saboteur Ice Trap [Perendus]
fkxRampage : lvl 94 Witch Fireball [Rampage]
fkxShadow : lvl 95 Shadow FP/CI [open beta]
Last edited by fkxDuelist on Sep 28, 2014, 2:01:16 PM
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Eventually people will stop playing the new leagues. After playing them 4 times, people will have more than 1000 exalts worth of currency/gear in standard (say 250 exalts per temp league). With 1000 exalts, you'll be able to try out most high-end builds in the game in Standard.

Inflation shouldn't be too bad in Standard because more and more GG items like shavs are entering the market after every temp league.

I played most of the high end builds in standard with less than 200ex, much less. (No mirrored gear)

Inflation in standard is now huge, and it wont stop raising, also legacy items sucks , game is not balanced around permanent leagues, etc

I have many threads in standard(deleted most of them), from more than a year ago(and still visible in poe.xyz) and items worth 1-2 chaos in that time im selling for 3-4 exalts lol

Even a bad chest(garbage) that was in my chaos recipe stash got sold for 15c

"
DS_Deadman wrote:
I like the temp leagues for the fresh start. I am not much on trading, so that really has little effect on me. Obviously some leagues have been better than others. Rampage has been fairly un-eventful to be honest. I don't play hardcore due to some of the inherent issues that make it not truly hardcore.

Still sometimes it is fun to start with nothing and build up from scratch. Then when the league ends it gets moved to standard and I can figure out what early build items I want to keep and/or get rid of.

I can totally dig that, fresh leagues are great for experiencing the game again and actually enjoying leveling chars, rather than twink rushing endgame if you want to make a new build.

The game isnt always fun when you are too op, the gear I have in standard feels sort of pointless after a while. Its fun to be excited about getting a wurms molt again, for that to actually be useful for you, to find a 150dps one hander and feel youve been significantly upgraded.
standard league 4 ever, since its simply the best league in my opinion.
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos
In practice the "fresh start" of temp league economies only lasts for the first couple of weeks, up until the bots and RMT sites rebuild their stocks of orbs. In preparation, RMT-fueled players sell their temp league gear for Fools Gold before the previous leagues' end. Once the new leagues are underway, they use the Fools Gold to buy freshly farmed orbs, and repurchase their favorite Uniques as soon as they become available. Self-found players need a great deal of luck to compete with this temp league recycling strategy.
Last edited by RogueMage on Sep 29, 2014, 3:28:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info