1.2.3 Patch Notes

"
Ceratoidei wrote:

So I made like 10ex a day in the first week of lvl8 crafting, with an time investment of like 1-2h/day

I think I was quite efficient :)

Well, you had to get masters to lvl 8, did you? That is a hell of a grind to accomplished there. That is not casual gaming and needs to be factored in in the amount of currency you made, does it? And btw.: As soon as more people hit lvl 8 on their masters, prices for crafted items will drop fast.

It is simple: If you are one of the first to get to some goal in the game, you can make profit off of that.

Being the first to farm dominus: Get many alts/chaos, make profit. Now that everyone does it...

Being the first to kill Atziri: Get those fancy uniques and sell for profit. Now that many do it...

Be the first to kill Uber Atziri: Sell even fancier uniques and make profit. Wait till the market is saturated...

Be the first with lvl 8 masters: I guess you know what I am getting to here...
"
t_golgari wrote:

But the fact that you can play a trading game will always be true. No matter what. Redargdless the price and availability of orbs, you will always make more currency by knowing the market. If you can farm an ex a day, you can make two by trading. If you can farm 10 ex a day, you can make 20 by trading. Because flipping items from people like me, who likes playing and selling stuff fast witjout being willing to always look for the best price at the right time of day, will always be easy.
But you know what? That is fine for me. I can play the game, make a little curency to occasionally buy a decent rare or a medium priced unique item. I can link and socket my stuff, I have a stash of nice items I can use to outfit new chars, that is enough for me. And if somebody makes more currency while playing "stock-market simmulator 3000", I don't care at all.

Thats true. It is also fine for me.
But when the masters came out, i was dreaming about good selffound selfcrafted gear.
With this patchnodes, a big part of that dream are destroyed.

I don't know why I'm dissapointed that much. I think I will not be able to level my masters to level 8 in this short time leage. :p
/global 4745
"
t_golgari wrote:
"
Ceratoidei wrote:

So I made like 10ex a day in the first week of lvl8 crafting, with an time investment of like 1-2h/day

I think I was quite efficient :)

Well, you had to get masters to lvl 8, did you? That is a hell of a grind to accomplished there. That is not casual gaming and needs to be factored in in the amount of currency you made, does it? And btw.: As soon as more people hit lvl 8 on their masters, prices for crafted items will drop fast.

It is simple: If you are one of the first to get to some goal in the game, you can make profit off of that.

Being the first to farm dominus: Get many alts/chaos, make profit. Now that everyone does it...

Being the first to kill Atziri: Get those fancy uniques and sell for profit. Now that many do it...

Be the first to kill Uber Atziri: Sell even fancier uniques and make profit. Wait till the market is saturated...

Be the first with lvl 8 masters: I guess you know what I am getting to here...

Somebody did all that grinding and earned several (more than 1 at least xD) hundred ex with fees
But even before I bought items for some chaos, crafted them and made them worth a few ex... time investment 20min xyz with a huge profit + normal farming

I just wanted to mention, that are ways to use the market and get all the gear without standing 24/7 in A3M or checking Trade-Chat, I never open that shit, the only thing I do is buying currency in A3M as there is no other way
"
DS_Deadman wrote:
Honestly if they just had a way to trade in Chaos for Exalts through the vendors most would be fine with the change. There are many here that don't want to play the trading game. I've traded on occasion, but really don't care for it. Especially now with all the ones that bot farm.

If I could trade in chaos for Exalts or something, then I would most certainly be fine with that particular issue.

I have been playing since closed beta and while I most certainly am a casual player I still can put in a lot of hours. I have many characters at 80+ and more at 75+. Yet in all the time I have less than 10 exalts found. I have twice as many Divine.

It is crazy how far off RNG can be from player to player.

Exactly my situation. I will never find enough exalts to craft more than 1-2 items. Let us self-found players get them at a vendor for other currency.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
TehHammer wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
no I dont agree, the problem isnt that they made midgame crafting too cheap, the problem is that this isnt midgame crafting at all, its ridiculously overpowered endgame crafting that rivals spending 500-1500 exalts.

Being able to throw 3 mid-tier rolls on an item isn't rivaling spending 500-1500 exalts.

no they really are mate. Even Skyforth said last night on heges stream that he wouldnt bother mirroring a weapon he would just bench craft it, this is a guy with 4 tabs full of exalted orbs. I watched hege create a bow last night for 4.5ex investment that was so far beyond anything you could ever find, so far beyond any unique bow that the only thing that could be considered in its league is a softcore mirror bow. Voltaxic, Windripper, Lioneyes, none of these bows are even half as powerful as what he made for a sum any person trading can make in a mater of days if they know the game properly.

Its just so out of place . This is a design team that has refused to make actually playing the game that rewarding in order to protect the balance of powerful gear. The drop rate of exalts and eternals is so remote, you can kill rare mobs and not get a single rare item time and time again, you can kill unique mobs and not get a single rare item very frequently, yet they allow this? They are so stingy they wont even guarantee you a rare item, that is 99.99% likely to be instant vendor, from a unique mob and now they let gear whos only possible comparison is mirror softcore gear into the game via bench crafting an alt/regaled 2 stat item? Its actually absurd.

Imo they need to stop this mod from being crafted on to weapons, weapons got enough of a boost from the 1 stat crafting to drastically alter the balance of power and availability of great items. Buff loot drops from actually killing mobs, all unique mobs should drop rares every single time, buff exalted and eternal drop rates so that normal players find them semi regularly and feel able to use them and actually make the GAME rewarding to play.

Instead, they have started with a problem that people cant find decent gear, cant craft decent gear with orbs, and now as a result of the benching they have added they are nerfing the rarity of affixes making it even harder to find or orb craft gear to try and balance how ridiculous benching has become with this 1 mod. Theres no sense in this, its 2 mindsets at play that are polar opposites. Remove the mod, buff et/ex drops by a factor of about 10, buff the amount of proper loot dropping and the balance of power/economies will be far less damaged and out of control as a result and the game will be far more fair across the spectrum of casuals to no lifers, traders to self found. And rewarding to actually play, all this mod does is weaken actually playing the game that existed before FM, grinding loot, mapping etc. All the other aspects of the master benching strengthened the grind and were very positive factors for the game.
It is true that this game (and it's community) puts way too much emphasis on exalted orbs. Some players are obsessed with them. As a developer I would make them much less desirable. It is not a healthy situation. The different sources and sinks of resources are not in balance.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
More keen in these MTX to be be available, which already has been on PoE Garena for sometime: https://web.poe.garena.tw/shop/category/weapon-effects#

This is the main server, why can't these official PoE MTX be released here first always? 。・゚゚・(>д<)・゚゚・。
The Gemling Queen favours 'NotACuckRoach'.

Ethaereal │ Exaltreal │ Cherrubim │ Erremes │ Khainne │ Kaelous │ Balzael