1.2.3 Patch Notes

"
Qarl wrote:

The price of the "of Crafting" mod (which grants the ability to have multiple crafted mods) has been changed from one Divine Orb to two Exalted Orbs.

I thought you'd reduce the cost, not increase it...
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Haku missions I have always found entertaining. These changes are going to add to that factor. Good stuff.
"
1. Change the mod so an item can have up to 3 crafted mods (the mod itself taking up a slot)

not the best solution. because what's your suggestion on how to handle already crafted items? and how to calm down pissed players who weren't able to craft yet and so get a serious disadvantage to other players in the current league?
"

PS: After 1 month of Rampage c:ex is approaching 50:1 --- what will it be at the end of the league? 100:1? Fun, fun, fun... naaaht

in difference to real world currency exchange rates, ingame rates have no real implications. it simply doesn't matter if the price of chaos to exalts gets 200:1 or 10:1. it's a game so start gambling.
Spoiler
like the guys who are currently inflate the chaos orb value to mass buy them now and profit later when ggg maybe introduces a new currency sink for them.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
chris u gotta change 2 exalts fee to chaos, exalts are 36 chaos already, do you want to boost em up to 50 chaos?
"
Schezza wrote:
chris u gotta change 2 exalts fee to chaos, exalts are 36 chaos already, do you want to boost em up to 50 chaos?

lmfao 1:36 already, this is going to be fucked up :P
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
Last edited by Sawm on Sep 26, 2014, 8:04:00 AM
new patch new patch bla bla bla better do something about this lame desync ALREADY!!! i get it F2p but RLy... i spent a lot to support this game and my friends as well but still problem long time ago still not resolved GJ GGG
"
geradon wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
What happened to this new crafting giving casuals a way to balance their gear without devaluing the existing orb crafting system? Have you seen how stupidly powerful even the single mod crafting allowed us to be within days of the new leagues? What sort of joke have you turned your game into with this multi mod on weapons? completely devalued orb crafting, completely devalued looting, completely devalued even playing the game outside of powerleveling your master through trade chat.

yep, but ggg only fixed what alot of people complained about over and over again since release: the missing crafting options for midgame and crafting being only available only to "the rich".
problem is: they made it much too cheap and easy, yes.

no I dont agree, the problem isnt that they made midgame crafting too cheap, the problem is that this isnt midgame crafting at all, its ridiculously overpowered endgame crafting that rivals spending 500-1500 exalts.

"

When it comes the actual price of the "of crafting mod": when it costs 1 divine it is simply too cheap to craft an item that will beat almost every item that drops. This makes actually playing the game not worth it. With the price of 2 exalts one must invest a significant amoun of currency to produce an item of great quality, AS IT SHOULD BE.

what? 2 exalts is investing significant currency? For people who were previously investing 500+ exalts to get such a weapon? I dont think youve really got a handle on what goes on with high level trading. If they want to balance this around traders and make it cost significant currency then it should cost maybe 50 exalts or more, even 100 exalts would make it so cheap compared to the alternative methods that you would never eternal exalt spam an item again. For people who trade in high end gears 2 exalts is a total joke, you are talking about people who used to buy lvl78 maps for 4 exalts each and then crush them in under 5 minutes.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

no I dont agree, the problem isnt that they made midgame crafting too cheap, the problem is that this isnt midgame crafting at all, its ridiculously overpowered endgame crafting that rivals spending 500-1500 exalts.

Ok, now you are being unreasonable. Having an item with 6 T1 mods is way better than having an item with 5 crafted mods, even in funny combinations and even in rare corner cases where special combinations of mods work together for high dps (and there's sometimes more to a weapon than just dps, right). So yes, crafting is cheaper and sometimes really worth it, but you can't really compare one to the other.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

what? 2 exalts is investing significant currency? For people who were previously investing 500+ exalts to get such a weapon? I dont think youve really got a handle on what goes on with high level trading. If they want to balance this around traders and make it cost significant currency then it should cost maybe 50 exalts or more, even 100 exalts would make it so cheap compared to the alternative methods that you would never eternal exalt spam an item again. For people who trade in high end gears 2 exalts is a total joke, you are talking about people who used to buy lvl78 maps for 4 exalts each and then crush them in under 5 minutes.

Another case where you aren't thinking through. Maps used to be 4ex and people crushed them and then sold the shit they found to refund. Now that maps are way more accessible, and many more people run the high end areas, the items to craft from these areas are way easier to optain, and most uniques aren't worth crazy amounts anymore. Take, for example, Kaom's Primacy. A premium weapon with it's new mods. Costs you 5c. A weapon like that would have cost a lot more 6 months ago, because you would have needed the luck to find a good rolled one in a high end map. That's why maps are cheaper now, and stuff is cheaper now, and that's why you cannot use this as an argument.

Yes, there are extremely rich people crafting extremely high end weapons. But as well as you cannot balance the game to the lowest 10% of casual gamers complaining about not being able to faceroll all comtent because of time/ability to play, you cannot balance the game around the top 1% of streamers/crafters/flippers/RMTers because they could spare 100ex. Most players can not.

And what is your problem with it if someone has 1 billion ex. What is in the game he can do with it exept buy new tabs from GGG to store them all? Someday all the best weapons will be crafted. All players will have good gear. And what is said rich person going to do then?

New leagues are a different kind of thing. And I said it before: New leagues are making the rich richer, and they are not for new players. Because "It's a new economy, everybody starts from scratch" is a carrot dangling in front of their faces. You cannot compete with dedicated streamers/no lifers (no harm, I use this for a lack of a better term). So if you want to play as a new player, go play standard/hardcore. Because in Standard you can get decent gear by just finding some chaos orbs while farming Vaal.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Being able to throw 3 mid-tier rolls on an item isn't rivaling spending 500-1500 exalts.

I for one hope they go through with this change and many others like me leave. They finally fix the loot drops suck problem and they immediately revert it because everyone is doing it. You know, if you decent affix rates weren't so atrocious, people wouldn't all be flocking to a bunch of mid tier rolls (while sacrificing an affix slot).
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on Sep 26, 2014, 10:20:16 AM
Honestly if they just had a way to trade in Chaos for Exalts through the vendors most would be fine with the change. There are many here that don't want to play the trading game. I've traded on occasion, but really don't care for it. Especially now with all the ones that bot farm.

If I could trade in chaos for Exalts or something, then I would most certainly be fine with that particular issue.

I have been playing since closed beta and while I most certainly am a casual player I still can put in a lot of hours. I have many characters at 80+ and more at 75+. Yet in all the time I have less than 10 exalts found. I have twice as many Divine.

It is crazy how far off RNG can be from player to player.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info