2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

Level 60 now and I'm really having trouble with single target. I only have 3K life and it's not enough to sustain the casting from cyclone when there aren't big packs. I have tried life on hit, but it's also not that effective.

Big packs are really easy, whirlwind trough and everything is dead. But if there's a big rare left over by himself I just skip him lol.

This build is really low on the life side, I hope it's gonna be ok since I'm on bloodlines. I'm used to having over 3k life when I enter merciless and now I'm almost in maps lol :p

Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABbUPqxOeFr8aOCLqI_YmlScvKk0wfDWSOuE8LT8nRXxKyEtXTZJN41FHUUxTNVVLWfNd8mHibqpvnnBScNVyqXcHfVt-M38rgwmHE4nTjDaNfY2_kFWSfZeXmG-btZykpJGmV6xHrKq0OLXytz7AGsDjwzrEFcT2xq7KStQj1orYvdwj5Rnlz-jW7Djxs_JF9zL79f4K_o8=

Gear (Didnt invest a lot of currency into gear yet except for helm/belt/shield, rest comes from my stash.
Spoiler

edit: I think I'm gonna skip the 5 nodes at the Celestial wheel and spend them in the life/flask nodes at Profane Chemistry. The damage should be good enough and for hardcore I prefere more life. And probaly also skip the increased AOE at templar and take Written in Blood next to the crit nodes top right.

Or should I go for purity of flesh? 6 nodes for 20% life/20% chaos res.

So something like this for 182% life instead of 140%:
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYA5Rm0OPv1l5dFfIw2pJETnl3yfjMOSJAbEZaaE3BW29RwUonTcNVjQyaVYeJVS5u1UzUPqxa_1CMFtejWIurWin8rMHxRR42__94k_edUdweHE5ykb57KSsM6gwmsR1FMfVsqOKlutfJuqkrIPycqTdi9NZL-CsaeEH8MfYLH-ehBh7c-mK0o-vcycqnE9jwtxq6SfdwjmG_lz6IA8B8Es8Bm4XPsOIKb7SCFfSlPkFUnLxo4TeP-jzrh8kVNkiP2jX2mV8DjS1fxs6yqWfPAGklR8NWVLgcepDnQgUfiIuIVIA==

edit 2:

Just crafted this for a couple of chaos, should help me a lot for now:

Why don't I see anyone using a vagan dagger in this thread? Is it because of reflect or something else I'm missing?
Pm me on forums or ingame: Chickenlal
Last edited by Chickenlal on Feb 24, 2015, 2:12:39 PM
I have found that we kinda have a free 4 link available still and did some testing to trigger some stufF.

I put in a 4L: CwDT (lvl 1) - Ice nova (low lvl) - Curse On Hit (low lvl) - Assassins mark High level.

It seems to work.

Now the only thing I have to try and get are 3 off coulours on Rat's nest for the aura's. Which should be possible in about 80 chromes average... And EV/ES Gloves with BBBR.

Don't think it's worth it to get EE still, but this provides quite a lot of utility, we chill packs with ice nova (which can crit) and we auto curse. Everything that doesnt hit u doesn't get chilled/cursed but doesnt matter anyway if they dont hit you.

Total set up would be:
5L: discharge
4L: Aura's
4L: Cwdt IC
4L: cwdt auto curse
3L: whirling bm faster attacks
3L vaal grace, vaal hase, inc duration

Edit: Did sort it out and did some testing. When I get hit and cwdt procs ice nova + curse I get maximum power charges a lot of the time :)

Edit 2: This is gonna be my bloodlines tree for lvl 90 and 207% life. I think the damage should still be more than enough. If not I can respec some life nodes maybe. Not sure how important Inner Force is tbh.

Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYABLMFtQ3ND6sTnha_GjgcziLqI_YmlScvKk0rUDB8NZI64TwtPQ8_J0V8SshNkk3jUUdRTFM1VUtZ813yYeJuqm-ecFJw1XKpdqx3B31bfjN_K4KbgwmHE4nTjDaNfY2_kFWSfZeXmG-btZykogCkkaZXrEesqrQ4tfK3PsAawzrEFcT2xq7KSs9-1CPWiti93CPhc-UZ5c_o1uoY7DjtIPJF9zL79f4K_lT-j-NqFm_60maeNukkqg5IEZaaE3BWkBvb1ElR8NWVLgceY0PwHyT951T_3sBmrY0=
Pm me on forums or ingame: Chickenlal
Last edited by Chickenlal on Feb 25, 2015, 8:53:54 AM
currently at level 76, and i feel really inconsistent in maps, one moment destroying a pack/rare/unique, then just feeling like i'm doing nothing at all and having trouble surviving. here's what i have currently, any help would be appreciated.

gear:
Spoiler

skill tree:
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAl5dFfOUZtDj79Yw2JpVh4lVLFr8Pq1M1ykrDOpu1dweHE5ykb57A40tX8bN-M6SRE55d8hGWDkiQG5oTcFbb1HBSidNw1dQjBbXo1iLqfyswfFFHjb_Wik2SI_aNfaxHUUx9W0rIPycqTSo4qW618m6qOuGmV03j_o81kv4K8kXYvbc-mK0o-oLH-ehBh3KpxPY8Lcaukn33Mphv3CPlz8AaWfOsqpBVGjgnL-w4gpvtIKIA4XMEsw==
"
Chickenlal wrote:
Why don't I see anyone using a vagan dagger in this thread? Is it because of reflect or something else I'm missing?

Hard to get the right rolls. You want atk spd and crit but its hard to aug on either one of them on your first try. So basically, you can, if you're willing to either spend a few exalts or wait for a few months to craft it yourself.
Last edited by orangbo on Feb 26, 2015, 7:44:30 PM
"
ShotgunHeavy wrote:
currently at level 76, and i feel really inconsistent in maps, one moment destroying a pack/rare/unique, then just feeling like i'm doing nothing at all and having trouble surviving. here's what i have currently, any help would be appreciated.

gear:
Spoiler

skill tree:
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAl5dFfOUZtDj79Yw2JpVh4lVLFr8Pq1M1ykrDOpu1dweHE5ykb57A40tX8bN-M6SRE55d8hGWDkiQG5oTcFbb1HBSidNw1dQjBbXo1iLqfyswfFFHjb_Wik2SI_aNfaxHUUx9W0rIPycqTSo4qW618m6qOuGmV03j_o81kv4K8kXYvbc-mK0o-oLH-ehBh3KpxPY8Lcaukn33Mphv3CPlz8AaWfOsqpBVGjgnL-w4gpvtIKIA4XMEsw==

craft a crit roll on that dagger or hand it to me and I can do it for you
Last edited by orangbo on Feb 26, 2015, 7:54:07 PM
"
orangbo wrote:
"
ShotgunHeavy wrote:

gear:
Spoiler

skill tree:
Spoiler

craft a crit roll on that dagger or hand it to me and I can do it for you

regular crit chance i presume? also, i'm standard right now, btw.

also, i have some other daggers in my stash i've been experimenting with.

i feel this one might good if it had an attack speed roll on it, or could get a good attack speed roll crafted on.
"
Chickenlal wrote:
Level 60 now and I'm really having trouble with single target. I only have 3K life and it's not enough to sustain the casting from cyclone when there aren't big packs. I have tried life on hit, but it's also not that effective.

Big packs are really easy, whirlwind trough and everything is dead. But if there's a big rare left over by himself I just skip him lol.

This build is really low on the life side, I hope it's gonna be ok since I'm on bloodlines. I'm used to having over 3k life when I enter merciless and now I'm almost in maps lol :p

Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABbUPqxOeFr8aOCLqI_YmlScvKk0wfDWSOuE8LT8nRXxKyEtXTZJN41FHUUxTNVVLWfNd8mHibqpvnnBScNVyqXcHfVt-M38rgwmHE4nTjDaNfY2_kFWSfZeXmG-btZykpJGmV6xHrKq0OLXytz7AGsDjwzrEFcT2xq7KStQj1orYvdwj5Rnlz-jW7Djxs_JF9zL79f4K_o8=

Gear (Didnt invest a lot of currency into gear yet except for helm/belt/shield, rest comes from my stash.
Spoiler

edit: I think I'm gonna skip the 5 nodes at the Celestial wheel and spend them in the life/flask nodes at Profane Chemistry. The damage should be good enough and for hardcore I prefere more life. And probaly also skip the increased AOE at templar and take Written in Blood next to the crit nodes top right.

Or should I go for purity of flesh? 6 nodes for 20% life/20% chaos res.

So something like this for 182% life instead of 140%:
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYA5Rm0OPv1l5dFfIw2pJETnl3yfjMOSJAbEZaaE3BW29RwUonTcNVjQyaVYeJVS5u1UzUPqxa_1CMFtejWIurWin8rMHxRR42__94k_edUdweHE5ykb57KSsM6gwmsR1FMfVsqOKlutfJuqkrIPycqTdi9NZL-CsaeEH8MfYLH-ehBh7c-mK0o-vcycqnE9jwtxq6SfdwjmG_lz6IA8B8Es8Bm4XPsOIKb7SCFfSlPkFUnLxo4TeP-jzrh8kVNkiP2jX2mV8DjS1fxs6yqWfPAGklR8NWVLgcepDnQgUfiIuIVIA==

edit 2:

Just crafted this for a couple of chaos, should help me a lot for now:

All you need is that dagger. I did Uber @ 88 with it. reg atziri at 75. And you dont need any accuracy on gear or tree which means more DPS parts so it may even be superior in long run. Like rings can have double crit. Can wear Maligaros, can spec more DPS in tree etc.
Spoiler
chest swap gems

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABLMFtQceDkgPqxGWE54Wvxo4Iuoj9iT9JpUnLylPKjgqTS3SMHEwfDWSOkI62DwtPydFfEbXSVFKyEtXS3hNklFHUUxTNVVLVylZ813yXkVh4mNDbqpvnnBScFZw1XGFcql3B31bfjN_K4KbgwmFfYcTidOMNo19jb-QG5BVkn2S85Uul5eYb5oTm7WcpJ_fogCkkalurEesqrFCtDi18rc-wBrAZsDjwzrE9sauykrUI9aK2L3b1Nwj3ajhc-UZ5c_nVOjW7DjtIO988NXxs_MR9zL66_v1_gr_3g==

I use a mix of Mathils' and Doeboys builds with my own twists to suit me.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1195956/page/1

If concerned about more defenses for bloodlines I recommend doeboys tree because it sports 13,000 evasion so like 35%, 46% spell dodge and 40% chance to dodge etc. Also spec in all your life. More than one way to skin a cat - just build to suit you. CoC is so powerful so many options are fine.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 27, 2015, 11:05:09 AM
Two things worth noting:

Take out blood magic, take out life leech. Replace them with a single gem:
+Warlord's mark

Second, if like me you hate elemental equilibrium, it's better to go lightning penetration than increased critical damage gem.

I would ideally run:
g cyclone
g coc
b discharge
b lightning pen
b increased aoe
r warlord's mark (6L) or scrap it and go Mjolner

Atm I only have 5L, and 6L is way out of my price range, so looking at doing this without warlord's mark, without mana leech, without blood magic. Not sure how I'm going to go about it, perhaps -# mana rings? Anyone know which crafting bench to use for that? I have lvl8 Elreon and I believe all the crafting benches already placed in my hideout, yet can't seem to find the right bench.
Player since closed beta 2012. Full system specs: https://pastebin.com/c4rvbvSR
'Tongueslurp the Unspeakable' - skeleton archer in Fellshrine Merciless
Last edited by Zedda on Feb 28, 2015, 5:01:01 AM
I would love to share my build items but I have no idea how to do that O_O
"
Zedda wrote:
Two things worth noting:

Take out blood magic, take out life leech. Replace them with a single gem:
+Warlord's mark

Second, if like me you hate elemental equilibrium, it's better to go lightning penetration than increased critical damage gem.

I would ideally run:
g cyclone
g coc
b discharge
b lightning pen
b increased aoe
r warlord's mark (6L) or scrap it and go Mjolner

Atm I only have 5L, and 6L is way out of my price range, so looking at doing this without warlord's mark, without mana leech, without blood magic. Not sure how I'm going to go about it, perhaps -# mana rings? Anyone know which crafting bench to use for that? I have lvl8 Elreon and I believe all the crafting benches already placed in my hideout, yet can't seem to find the right bench.

How do you cast first spell, warlord or even one cyclone without BM? This spec only has like 5 mana to spare.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 28, 2015, 11:30:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info