2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

"
Wanred wrote:
I would love to share my build items but I have no idea how to do that O_O

Go to profile while reply and shift l-click
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
How do you cast first spell, warlord or even one cyclone without BM? This spec only has like 5 mana to spare.

What aura's are you running? I'm running lvl 3 clarity on blood magic gem, that's it. My mana pool is full, I have 100% usage of my mana.

I'm considering using Grace or Discipline/Eldritch-battery but I'm not sure if Eldritch-battery applies before or after Voll's Devotion 50% mana reduction. Grace will give me more defenses, but would require me to use 2 of those -mana Elreon rings (which I still can't find btw) whereas Discipline/EB will probably provide sufficient mana pool so that the mana regen is enough to support cyclone.

My issue with blood magic gem on cyclone for this build is this. You're forced into using these gems:
g cyclone
g coc
r blood magic
r life leech
b discharge

So no lightning pen. No increased AoE or concentrated effect. Unless you've got a 6L voll's (which is 99.9% impossible for me) you cannot run either of the above, let alone two of them.

Running your cyclone on mana does present some issues, but I've found that you can to a large extend deal with both life and mana leech with a single gem (CoC Warlord's mark). The only major issue are curse immune reflect packs. Just check the rare in the reflect pack, if he's curse immune, either swap out a gem for life leech, or avoid the pack.
Player since closed beta 2012. Full system specs: https://pastebin.com/c4rvbvSR
'Tongueslurp the Unspeakable' - skeleton archer in Fellshrine Merciless
Can you tell me how you got 4.1 attack speed,i dont understand that! I got only 2.2 when i put another dagger who give me 19attack speed.I am lvl 88
Here is my items :
Last edited by dika91 on Feb 28, 2015, 6:11:19 PM
"
ShotgunHeavy wrote:
"
orangbo wrote:
"
ShotgunHeavy wrote:
currently at level 76, and i feel really inconsistent in maps, one moment destroying a pack/rare/unique, then just feeling like i'm doing nothing at all and having trouble surviving. here's what i have currently, any help would be appreciated.

gear:
Spoiler

skill tree:
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAl5dFfOUZtDj79Yw2JpVh4lVLFr8Pq1M1ykrDOpu1dweHE5ykb57A40tX8bN-M6SRE55d8hGWDkiQG5oTcFbb1HBSidNw1dQjBbXo1iLqfyswfFFHjb_Wik2SI_aNfaxHUUx9W0rIPycqTSo4qW618m6qOuGmV03j_o81kv4K8kXYvbc-mK0o-oLH-ehBh3KpxPY8Lcaukn33Mphv3CPlz8AaWfOsqpBVGjgnL-w4gpvtIKIA4XMEsw==

craft a crit roll on that dagger or hand it to me and I can do it for you

regular crit chance i presume? also, i'm standard right now, btw.

also, i have some other daggers in my stash i've been experimenting with.

i feel this one might good if it had an attack speed roll on it, or could get a good attack speed roll crafted on.

yeah, thats basically what you need. you can hand it to me and let me craft on atk spd if you want.
Last edited by orangbo on Feb 28, 2015, 9:13:13 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

How do you cast first spell, warlord or even one cyclone without BM? This spec only has like 5 mana to spare.

You don't; this build was made specifically with the use of the bm gem. Otherwise, you'd burn through mana too quickly to do anything (cyclone mana costs ;-;).

edit: look up wayne train if you have JakeAlmighty's budget
Last edited by orangbo on Mar 2, 2015, 7:32:25 PM
"
orangbo wrote:

yeah, thats basically what you need. you can hand it to me and let me craft on atk spd if you want.

yea, that'd be nice, i dont have lvl 6 vagan yet.
"
Zedda wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

What aura's are you running? I'm running lvl 3 clarity on blood magic gem, that's it. My mana pool is full, I have 100% usage of my mana.

I'm considering using Grace or Discipline/Eldritch-battery but I'm not sure if Eldritch-battery applies before or after Voll's Devotion 50% mana reduction. Grace will give me more defenses, but would require me to use 2 of those -mana Elreon rings (which I still can't find btw) whereas Discipline/EB will probably provide sufficient mana pool so that the mana regen is enough to support cyclone.

My issue with blood magic gem on cyclone for this build is this. You're forced into using these gems:
g cyclone
g coc
r blood magic
r life leech
b discharge

So no lightning pen. No increased AoE or concentrated effect. Unless you've got a 6L voll's (which is 99.9% impossible for me) you cannot run either of the above, let alone two of them.

Running your cyclone on mana does present some issues, but I've found that you can to a large extend deal with both life and mana leech with a single gem (CoC Warlord's mark). The only major issue are curse immune reflect packs. Just check the rare in the reflect pack, if he's curse immune, either swap out a gem for life leech, or avoid the pack.

I'm sorry, but you clearly dont know what your doing. there's a couple things wrong with this
1.By doing this, you have virtually 0 defenses, and are thus extremely vulnerable to reflect and ranged damage in general
2. This Build is already fairly tight on skill points, and spending more to get to EB is a waist.
3. By reserving clarity on blood magic, your taking the already low amount of life this build has until upper 80's, and giving yourself even less.
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
"
Rowanbladex wrote:
I'm sorry, but you clearly dont know what your doing. there's a couple things wrong with this
1.By doing this, you have virtually 0 defenses, and are thus extremely vulnerable to reflect and ranged damage in general
2. This Build is already fairly tight on skill points, and spending more to get to EB is a waist.
3. By reserving clarity on blood magic, your taking the already low amount of life this build has until upper 80's, and giving yourself even less.

I have nearly 50% evasion, and Ondar's guile. Ranged attackers can barely touch me.

How are you more vulnerable to reflect? Whether you use CoC Warlord's mark or lifesteal, you're still stealing life.

Okay, so take clarity off blood magic. In fact, drop clarity altogether and run your cyclone on blood magic. You're now spending close to 100 life per second spinning. I've tried this, and while it works when you have good life regen (100+ per second), this build requires vaal pact, so 0 regen here. I just don't see blood magic on cyclone working unless you have 4000+ HP. Well I have less than 2600 HP, and I just can't afford to run blood magic on cyclone.

Anyway, I'm redoing this build (sort of) with another character, this time planning on going CI, and running all skills off mana. It may require higher level clarity (on lvl 5 atm) and I'm taking extra mana nodes such as Thrill Killer & Soul Siphon.

With CI, I would be keeping blood rage on all the time, giving me extra frenzy charges.
Player since closed beta 2012. Full system specs: https://pastebin.com/c4rvbvSR
'Tongueslurp the Unspeakable' - skeleton archer in Fellshrine Merciless
Tried this build in Torment, I think I made it work for me at last, though it wasn't easy at all. Here are some thoughts for everyone who wants to give it a go, comments appreciated:

1) I had issues with low life (I think anything below 4 k after lvl 80 is low). What I did is I got myself a Rathpith instead of Saffels: +10% life and block/spell block. I have no issues with reflect (Saffels is needed only to mitigate reflect, useless against phys) because:

2) Dealing with reflect: I got all nodes up to Spell Acrobaticas, got rid of Ondar's guile to compensate. Spell acro + Rathpith is the same as Saffel's, but you also have protection against physical damage. As for Ondar's... Well, you'll kill things so quickly that you won't even notice those projectile hits. Of course, for bosses with serious projectile attack damage (Atziri's puncture, anyone else?) you'll need to use evasion and armor flasks, that's the cost of ignoring Ondars. But after this change you won't even notice reflect, which is great. In a 6 man party you'll still need a topaz flask though.

3) 5L warks almost just like a 6L here, you just get some freezing and better power charge generation because of ice nova critting. You NEED life leech gem, I cannot imagine playing without it, Warlord's mark is too inconsistent. As for lightning pen, i tried it and didn't notice too much difference, Discharge is already overpowered, even without it.

4) IMHO north of the Scion life wheel is just a waste of points (EE and Inner force), don't go there, get more life!

5) Get yourself Vagan's dagger, that's the best thing you can do! A dagger with 8 + crit and 1.7 + aps, you can find one for less than 3 ex. You don't even need spell damage on it, it won't add much. Diamond rings with 300 + accuracy and 60 + life cost a small fortune, so do gloves with 300 + acc, life and resists. This dagger will solve all problems with accuracy, make the build 10 time s cheaper for you and will free up other useful affixes (attack speed namely). And get yourself a leather belt with 100 + life, you don't need Doryani's, just use LL gem.

6) Don't try this before level 78-80, trust me.

Here's my gear:

Last edited by gavsus252525 on Mar 4, 2015, 5:01:42 PM
I'm playing in Torment here and I wanted to share my build.

Passive Tree LV90:

You should grab more life nodes and the 3 attack speed nodes next to Vaal Pact and/or get Phase Acrobatics.
I switched to a Vagan's Dagger which allowed me to remove all of my accuracy gear and transition into Maligaro's and High life + Attack speed rings. I was also able to unspec out of the two accuracy nodes on the right side of Discipline and Training.

If you are planning on buying a Voll's Devotion or 6L Voll's, go for the Voll's devotion because it gives you a better damage boost. With the Devotion you should be using 2 points to spec into +1 Endurance Charge and think about getting a belt like mine. My belt is worth around 5ex~

My Dagger Cost me 2ex on its own and an extra 2ex + 10c to multi-craft.

For Atziri you gotta run a Granite flask like mine. You are very vulnerable to physical damage if you play this build and will rip quite a few times. I usually switch to an Amethyst Flask and Jade flask for trash because that's when you are most vulnerable to projectiles and chaos damage. You could also use a Surgeon's Quicksilver flask of Adrenaline for the trash along with the Amethyst and Lightning flasks for a fast clear.

Try to stay at 4,000 life minimum. Most hits that pass through your evasion will around 3800dmg max. I took the Profane Chemistry nodes to get an extra +60% life from flasks so my Seething flasks would heal me for 1.8khp. This would allow me to use my flask 1-2 times and I would be at full hp.

I use the Increased Critical Strikes gem for my 6L because it allows me to have a much higher minimum crit chance for my cyclone. Without it I sit at 66% and jump upto 81% with it. This allows me to have a more consistent discharge procs and will allow me to have more of them. I swap to Increased AOE when the minions from Atziri start to spawn.

Auras: Purity of Fire + Lightning and Grace.
I'm currently using up 8 socket slots to level up some empowers and will level up more in the future. You dont need anything in your gloves and boots because the CWDT Immortal call setup doesn't actually bring much to the table, so you're better of buying some level 1 empowers and making profit.

LEVELLING: I couldn't find much on levelling when I first started this build so I will share what I did.
Early Skill tree:

I would recommend for you to level up with a 2h weapon and use Molten Strike. I remember using Ungil's Gauche and Mightflay to level but a 2h is also fine. You want to buy your 5L Voll's and Ambusher before you hit level 60 and transition into CoC Cyclone at that point if you think your gear and life leech is good enough. You should be switching to the build at around level 70.

5L Links: Cast On Crit + Discharge 20Q + Cyclone + Blood Magic + Life Leech.
Without Life leech you are going to die a lot and won't be able to sustain yourself very well.

For 6L you can use Increased Critical Strikes/Damage and Lightning Pen + Conc Effect.

If you aren't going the Hit's cant be Evaded route then try to find an Ambusher with at least 1.8 Attack speed and 9% Crit. The higher the local crit the better because it scales very well. This should cost you around 20-30c. Your next upgrade would be to find one with a high spell damage roll which would increase your DPS substantially.

This is the tree I would go if I went without a Vagan dagger.

You should pickup the triangle when you are at a higher level and put 2 points into getting a +1 Endurance charge node if you have a Voll's Devotion

GEAR: Try too look for Diamond ring bases with at least 350+ Accuracy and 70+ Life and 25+ Int. You should also try to get gloves like these so your accuracy rating stays high.

I ditched the Doryani's Lightning belt because Life leech was doing enough leeching. I would recommend getting a Leather belt with around 125+ Life and the resistances you need to get capped.
For your amulet try to get 70+ Life, Crit Chance/Multi and Spell Damage. Accuracy/Int is bonus.
Last edited by YummiesLOL on Mar 21, 2015, 8:07:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info