2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

You can still do this build without EE - you can use Herald of Ice and Herald of Thunder (use this with a Curse on Hit and Ass Mark/Conductivity/Elemental Weakness) instead of Grace, which will give you TONS OF DAMAGE, and you'll clear maps even faster.

BUT the downside is having no Grace, so you're a little bit squishier, andyou'll have a much harder time killing resistant bosses, especially Atziri, since curses don't work well on them.
Abisslayer, the Tank of Blades! - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1751060
Abisswalds, the Flaskman!

Last edited by Dysmal on Dec 24, 2014, 11:35:01 AM
"
Perrydtf wrote:
You can't play EE with that dagger Magnus, anything that has Lightning Dmg on it will ruin EE because you will just make them resistant to lightning damage.

So to make EE work well, ideally you'd want 1 other elemental damage type on a item (Ie. 5-30 fire damage on a ring)? Or would you want a lot of fire damage on gear so if lightning procs EE the fire still does something and it's not a total waste.
Any other element is useful and allows your EE to proc. Currently the setup I'm running is this -

(I don't plan on doing atziri have no care for it so not running puritys) the auras im using are Grace, Elements, Herald of Ice (to help proc EE).

My 5l in my volls is Discharge, Cyclone, Blood Magic, Cast on Crit and the big difference for me is Life Leech, I feel like you're just opening yourself up to too many rng deaths without the Life Leech gem. So far I can do every boss, only trouble I've had is Torture Chamber just because of the way the totems work so it can be a bit touch and go.

Last edited by Perrydtf on Dec 25, 2014, 1:45:22 AM
Wouldn't Herald of Ice be bad, since it gives your Discharge cold damage as well?

Abisslayer, the Tank of Blades! - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1751060

Wouldn't Herald of Ice be bad, since it gives your Discharge cold damage as well?

"
Dysmal wrote:
You can still do this build without EE - you can use Herald of Ice and Herald of Thunder (use this with a Curse on Hit and Ass Mark/Conductivity/Elemental Weakness) instead of Grace, which will give you TONS OF DAMAGE, and you'll clear maps even faster.

I tried it but...not enough mana for herald of ice...so i´ve decided to put ENHANCE lv3+EWeakness+COH+Heral Thunder :-)

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Dec 25, 2014, 11:03:17 AM
"
saxisa wrote:
So I switched over to a 4L volls and that definitely helped the kill/clear rate! A lot more fun. This build really needs a lot of mobs to shine- single boss is really tough for me. Also reflect is just destroying me. When that discharge goes off, BLAM! I'm dead with reflect.

How do we deal with that? Resistances are close to capped but not quite...

VAAL PACT or Acuity Vaal Gauntlets

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
"
Dysmal wrote:

Testing around without Herald of Ice (with EE) now, honestly not sure I see what you're saying though with it making it proc cold too on discharge, but unsure if its a good thing (since it keeps them vulnerable to lightning more consistantly).

Edit: Just played around with and without it and don't notice any difference, if anything I feel like having herald on makes them less resistant to lightning since I'm doing consistant cold damage as well. I could be wrong but so if anyone has more of an idea feel free to chime in :)
Last edited by Perrydtf on Dec 25, 2014, 1:01:59 PM
Hi everyone. After acuity nerf and changes to the passive tree i decided to post my changes to the build to get some feedback. Seems to be doing well so far. I have not tried uber yet but everything else seems to melt as fast as it did before patch. Oh, and reflect is still no problem as long as you have a topaz flask ready to pop.

Life: 4.3k

Chance to hit: 87%

Crit chance with cyclone: 85% with no charges.

Crit chance with discharge: 72.2% with no charges.

Crit multiplier: 314%

Spoiler

Last edited by sw_h on Dec 25, 2014, 6:43:27 PM
"
Perrydtf wrote:
Any other element is useful and allows your EE to proc. Currently the setup I'm running is this -

(I don't plan on doing atziri have no care for it so not running puritys) the auras im using are Grace, Elements, Herald of Ice (to help proc EE).

My 5l in my volls is Discharge, Cyclone, Blood Magic, Cast on Crit and the big difference for me is Life Leech, I feel like you're just opening yourself up to too many rng deaths without the Life Leech gem. So far I can do every boss, only trouble I've had is Torture Chamber just because of the way the totems work so it can be a bit touch and go.

im dying a lot in mercilles...level 66...good gear ..with my 5l volls..saffells frame and rat nest...the build is fun..yes we do a lot of damage but i cant handle physical damage hits....sometimes one phisical hit from a stupid monster or a skeleton kills me and im nopt talking about bosses and with cyclone spending life with blood magic its too much sometimes (2135 life atm)... i must flask and flask life a lot and continously all the time...so y will try your idea of life leech...questions... with vaal pact or not?..and life flasks are a must all the time too?
Last edited by yissus on Dec 25, 2014, 7:39:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info