2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

"
MildorDArkehn wrote:
Great Build! Using it starting as Scion, taken the four spell damage nodes till reach "Harrier".

Using it with average gear (6L protector, Voll's Devotion, etc...) and works great! Only 1 question... ¿Is elemental equilibrium really worthy?

"Average" gear, lol.

Yes, you want Elemental Equilibrium.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM9jCWzw370

I really like this build :)

Getting a voll's devotion is somewhat challenging.
Yea.. my gear is very good but not perfect. I dropped elemental equilibrium and works better for me.

"
MildorDArkehn wrote:
Yea.. my gear is very good but not perfect. I dropped elemental equilibrium and works better for me.

Are you using only discharge or discharge+ice nova?
In first case you should drop EE but in second case you should keep it. Use either cold or no elemental damage on attacks when using voll's devotion since your discharge is fire+lightning damage.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
ign: fanimala
Last edited by fanimala on Nov 25, 2014, 6:07:54 PM
"
fanimala wrote:

Yes that is a slightly better route because you can grab 1 endurance charge when you're ready for Voll's Devotion. It will only effect a small amount of players though, otherwise I'd probably rather 10 dex over 10 str.

That path has been brought to attention before but thanks for mentioning again. I may aswell put it in OP and state it should be used when you get Voll's amulet.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Mathil have you tried moltenstrike - gmp - multistrike - discharge - coc - fireball? Or anyone else ? seems like it could be better to me. Switch fireball with arcticbreath to use EE if you want^^

cyclone does 2 hits per use on average moltenstrike does 2.2 against the smalest enemy possible.
moltenstrike gmp multistrike does 8.4 hits average up to 16 should compensate for loosing 1 spell / support slot. I guess you have tried but why didnt it work?
Cyclone hits more. You move through enemies and you attack multiple enemies at the same time, so yeah. Molten strike also has a delay before projectiles hit.

In my opinion, everything in the cyclone tooltip should be disregarded due to the very mechanics of the skill.

That being said, I think you should try out your combo and tell us how it works.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
So i did try moltenstrike against dominus merciless with a 6l volls

cyclone kill time 8 secs average (3 runs second form)
moltenstrike kill time 1.6 secs average?? hard to really get a good number my brother stoped the time on my smartphone (3 runs also second form)

you get hit more by trash using moltenstrike and it feels kind of strange damage is just plain better in my opinion easy to estimate i guess like i said 2 hits comapared to 8.4 hits (could be more against dominus maybe even 16) so 4 to 8 times more procs and fireball gmp dmg is more than my 5 charge discharge xD

Btw ( cyclone discharge coc firestorm crit lightingpen) using manapots to simulate bloodmagic because i didnt want to recolor xD
sry for bad english :P
would be really glad if mathil could test it on stream!!
with a perfect vagan dagger (hits cant miss) it could actually rival barrage coc dps at least against huge targets
Last edited by Loppy on Nov 27, 2014, 10:41:57 AM
I tested Molten Strike in my 5 link Voll's and I like it. Using Molten, Multistrike, Faster attacks, CoC, Discharge. Using a Lvl 1 Molten, I can run it off my paltry 22 free mana, if I use one or two Elreon items.

Damage wise, it compares with Cyclone. However, if you factor in desynch, I think Molten is overall better dps, as well as survivability. Using cyclone, any doorway or pile of junk on the ground can kill me! Only tested on Merc Dominus runs, so more testing is needed.

Also tested Reave, and found it wasnt good for proc'ing discharge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info