2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

Maybe drop ee and run blood rage ( with vitality aura)? :) nice spec. You never consider to play with additional block (rapthpith globe). Why dont take a phase acrobatics?

I make tests with high crit dagger 10% and as 1.4 and feel better then 9% dagger with 2,0 as?
I think how it can look with Bino's and adder's touch passive where we have amazing life regen like 5000/s with this combination and clear speed. It can be amazing
Last edited by Jarovb on Oct 16, 2014, 5:32:22 AM
I was playing a CoC-Cyclone build using Flame Surge with Arc and then running Righteous Fire to proc the 50% extra damage on FS. It worked alright, but it didn't feel very good. Then I saw this guide and decided to add Discharge instead of Arc and change gear/tree accordingly. The builds are pretty similar with that, but I still run RF/FS.
Anyways, I wanted to know how I can improve my odds against Atziri. I'm using Rise of the Phoenix, but I suppose I could substitute it for a Safell's and then not have RF up during the fight is a possibility. Don't know what else I can do, but I do know that she's the only problematic boss atm.

Also, I looked at the passive tree you suggest to have at lvl 93. Why not connect through the ES nodes instead of going through the Evasion circle? You lose that bit of Evasion, but you save 3 points.
"
Reductant wrote:

OP, have you tried herald of ice with this? I'm using it currently instead of Ice Nova and I think it's way better, it adds cold damage to your cyclone + some nice damage on shatter, which happens surprisingly often (it has great AoE too and works as a sort of a culling strike), and you can get something like Increased AoE instead of Nova on voll's. I'd swap purity of fire for it and get some fire res on gear instead. It also adds some "oomph" feeling that I feel Ice Nova lacks :)
But it adds cold dmg to your Discharge and therefore you never proc EE...?
Guys if I want to farm something like Dominus (he's higly resistant) with 5L should I swap ice nova for crit damage or still use ice nova?
Last edited by thousandfoldepicentre on Oct 16, 2014, 3:22:27 PM
"
BearsAreBrown wrote:
"
Reductant wrote:

OP, have you tried herald of ice with this? I'm using it currently instead of Ice Nova and I think it's way better, it adds cold damage to your cyclone + some nice damage on shatter, which happens surprisingly often (it has great AoE too and works as a sort of a culling strike), and you can get something like Increased AoE instead of Nova on voll's. I'd swap purity of fire for it and get some fire res on gear instead. It also adds some "oomph" feeling that I feel Ice Nova lacks :)
Umm... wat? It adds cold damage to discharge, yes, but since it adds it to cyclone as well which always overrides the resistances with its cold damage (meaning enemies will be vulnerable to fire and lightning), Discharge will always proc EE. Cyclone is after all what procs discharge, which means it will always make enemies vulnerable to lightning and fire before Discharging.
"
Guys if I want to farm something like Dominus (he's higly resistant) with 5L should I swap ice nova for crit damage or still use ice nova?

Yea I'd swap ice nova for crit damage. On single target you should still be proccing your EE plenty with cyclone and some cold/fire damage. Crit damage should speed up your kills on heavy life single target monsters.

"
Reductant wrote:
"
BearsAreBrown wrote:
"
Reductant wrote:

Umm... wat? It adds cold damage to discharge, yes, but since it adds it to cyclone as well which always overrides the resistances with its cold damage (meaning enemies will be vulnerable to fire and lightning), Discharge will always proc EE. Cyclone is after all what procs discharge, which means it will always make enemies vulnerable to lightning and fire before Discharging.

Having Herald of Ice on gives you bonus cold damage to your Discharge as well which essentially means everything you hit will forever be cold resistant and never interchange between cold/lighting weakness. In my eyes that kindof diminishes the usefulness of Herald of Ice greatly since the damage it produces is always against resistant monsters. I'd much rather have the free fire resists and extra max fire res that purity of fire provides.

In the end it's a bit of a preference based decision though. If you feel Herald of Ice is stronger and more worth using then go for it because purity of fire isn't one of the essential things about the build, simply a bonus.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
I was playing a CoC-Cyclone build using Flame Surge with Arc and then running Righteous Fire to proc the 50% extra damage on FS. It worked alright, but it didn't feel very good. Then I saw this guide and decided to add Discharge instead of Arc and change gear/tree accordingly. The builds are pretty similar with that, but I still run RF/FS.
Anyways, I wanted to know how I can improve my odds against Atziri. I'm using Rise of the Phoenix, but I suppose I could substitute it for a Safell's and then not have RF up during the fight is a possibility. Don't know what else I can do, but I do know that she's the only problematic boss atm.

Also, I looked at the passive tree you suggest to have at lvl 93. Why not connect through the ES nodes instead of going through the Evasion circle? You lose that bit of Evasion, but you save 3 points.

I don't know what kind of stats and all that you have running a RF build but I imagine your crit/attack speed can't compare to what I've got which is why Atziri might be a bit harder for you? I feel with my crit/attack speed I can spin through her all day with perma flasks up which provide me with 95+ fire/light making me virtually immune to anything she does. A saffells is pretty recommended for the fight, yea.

As for the passive changes sure you might save 3 pts but I find 3 pts for 84% evasion and 10 all res is worth the investment. Without that my grace and consequently evasion would be far weaker and my Ondars would not be as strong for avoiding things like Atziri spear. I have 42% to evade right now so without that 84% evasion it would be far far lower.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
What you think about this one? its ok for this build?

how big boost it give me?

"
Mathil wrote:

Are you using Crit Dmg just for this video or have you swapped Ice Nova? I was testing a bit respecing out of EE and chaning Ice nova with Crit dmg and seems to clear the same, maybe even harder. Not easy to say really, any thoughts on this, is Ice Nova still a superior option?
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info