Lightning Thorns

Please devs fix this broken mechanic!

+1 meeelion
"
TadaceAce wrote:
"

I'm myself using gmp chain 3 aps with only 75 LR and haven't had any game breaking issues

Every person in this thread is running 75+ LR and still has to jump through hoops against a pack with just a few mages. You're just trolling.

Summoner and totems we go until thorns / phys reflect is dealt with!

I can't keep attacking with aoe spam or I'd die. However it's still not a problem, at least not yet in maps up to 74 im running atm
Last edited by Jyssi on May 2, 2013, 3:22:34 AM
"
0113rc wrote:
It's should stay in place, elemental damage right now does like 2x the damage of pure physical builds. There needs to be a draw back and this is basically the only one.

I'm a physical bow duelist and I die just as fast as a LA user.
i too fas fo youuuuuuu
"
0113rc wrote:
It's should stay in place, elemental damage right now does like 2x the damage of pure physical builds. There needs to be a draw back and this is basically the only one.

It does the same damage for everyone, physical or elemental, or spells.. same amount of damage, the only thing that reduces it is your resistances (and possibly enfeeble)
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
This mechanic defiantly needs to be looked at.
I just died because I was using a high block chance build with tempest shield. I ran around to get the mage and took a couple of hits from mobs with lightning thorns. The damage I reflected from blocking caused their lightning shield to trigger and I lost 1.5k hp in NORMAL with 80 lightning resist in seconds. Please balance this skill.
lightning thorns is a good and necessary check for this game. it definitely does its job of punishing cookiecutter builds pretty well. currently i can outleech -max res/extra dmg lightning thorns in promenade pretty effectively (@ 6aps on cyclone). if you want to trivialize it, all it takes is good use of the other defensive sources in the game.
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
Last edited by ログよし on Jun 3, 2013, 2:17:41 PM
"
TheEnforcer wrote:
lightning thorns is a good and necessary check for this game. it definitely does its job of punishing cookiecutter builds pretty well. currently i can outleech -max res/extra dmg lightning thorns in promenade pretty effectively (@ 6aps on cyclone). if you want to trivialize it, all it takes is good use of the other defensive sources in the game.

so... vaal pact?
Doubt even Vaal Pact would help with that, probably conversion trap.
"
thepmrc wrote:
"
TheEnforcer wrote:

so... vaal pact?

i have several ways between all of my serious characters... spell block, spell dodge or will even opt for vaal pact if it fits. in my eyes, if a character i make can't handle every situation that people bitch about on these forums and more, then it is unplayable.
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
Last edited by ログよし on Jun 3, 2013, 2:41:06 PM
"
TheEnforcer wrote:
"
thepmrc wrote:
"
TheEnforcer wrote:

so... vaal pact?

i have several ways between all of my serious characters... spell block, spell dodge or will even opt for vaal pact if it fits. in my eyes, if a character i make can't handle every situation that people bitch about on these forums and more, then it is unplayable.

Well, LT completely gimped all of my characters. However, I don't trade for gear so I didn't have GG gears on any/all of my characters. No kaom's or anything like that. LT and reflect in general are lazy mechanics that simply force very specific builds/playstyles on everyone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info