Lightning Thorns

It is a rough spell. The reason you probably take the most damage is because the thorns affect is applied based on number of mobs hit. I basically can't cleave if this is up, and I have to kite away from the caster or run around and kill the caster first. When I first entered the zone I died 2 or 3 times without even understanding what was happening. My health is much lower (588) but I still have max lightning resist, 3k armor, and usually 4 stacks of endurance. I am only encountering it in the cruel version, but it seems something about the spell seems to bypass defenses, so if you do hit two or three guys with it you take a huge hit.
We actually do not now the mechanic.

Does it reflect a percentage of damage done from Melee-Attacks (actually Lightning-Strike should be a projectile, which should not trigger the reflect, except for the initial hit) as Lightning-Damage or is it a flat-value which is applied whenever an enemy with it is hit?

even if you maxed out your resists, have high armor and life you need something challenging in the game. would be boring otherwise.

f.e. i permanently died to the mercyless arc mages in battleground (75% lightning resist) until i started spamming decoy totem to divert the mob and leap slammed the mages first.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Lightning thorns is easily the most OP effect to go up against. Godamn.. shit breaks my balls.
For some reason it also negates warlords mark leech, or at the very least send back more damage than you can leech. so it's basically just a pain in the ass

Paired with way too strong blackguard elites, and the desync nevermissing shield charge they got, this is a real frustrating experience.
GORLAK SMASH WORDS!!
--------------------
The Greatest Plate Vest Of All Time! http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/293910
So store. so item. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/136100
Last edited by enshin on Feb 22, 2013, 7:43:52 AM
Is there any more infos on this ? I'm a tanky 1h dps, around 7k armor 4k health max light rez and i cant use my single target attack twice against one shielded unit or I die instantly, happens kinda all the time since i have 4 attacks per second...
IGN : Bearink
80% all resist,3k7 hp,7k8 armor and those mobs are still horrible.this skill would be fine if the mage was only using it on him but no....they use it on all the monster around them,non stop.even 1 vs 1 a monster with it,i lose more then half my hp to kill it.if by mistake you dont see it fast enought and cleave on 2-3 monster with it,its like 2 cleave and im death and since my cleave is at like 4 attack/sec,you sometime cant react fast enought.i feel like armor and light resist have no effect at all on that skill.something like 20% of your hp gone each time you touch a monster with this thorn and nothing can reduce it.if at max resist it wasnt hiting that hard it would be fine but right now its just ridiculous.

yes you can focus the mage but they are always in the back of the mobs really really far and put those thorn on monster 2 screen away from them and they are always surrounded.

for the one that just say *think when you fight* or shit like that,ok and ranged?they just stay back and 1 shot everything and can play half afk when melee can 1 shot themself in 1 sec and do half that dmg.i dont mind to play more carefuly etc but why fucking ranged/caster can just faceroll anything?putting a anti melee mechanic like that when melee got every possible disavantage is retarded.yes there some mobs that can be dangerous for ranged BUT,they are as dangerous,if not more for melee....

i really hope the few coming change for melee will make a difference.right now its go ranged/caster and faceroll everything or play melee and get 1 shot in 1 sec by almost everything if you do a little mistake.

Last edited by zakariusqc on Feb 22, 2013, 9:15:55 PM
I'm all for thinking and not spamming, but i run up to an enemy and begin slashing at him and then the mage puts thorns on him and midst attack I die lol. It's the only thing in the game that really gets me frustrated. I mean sure, some parts are hard for me but it's more that type of frustration when you know you're doing as good as you can possible do but there's nothing you can do but hope to god the thorns isn't cast on the dude you're attacking. Also, you go to kill the mage first and it casts the thorns on itself. Maybe they shouldn't be able to don the thorns buff.
Nerf, lightning, thorns.
IGN HC: KusqtThrowback, Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/299961
IGN Tempest: KusHuntinWabbits, Shop https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1316479
I do cross league trade mediation.
I have 0 respect for players who chicken script.
strange. I had issues with these guys on my marauder when I was first going through A3, but since leveling up, getting into maps, and getting good gear I don't even notice it anymore. I remember experiencing exactly what you speak of actually, but now with 80% lightning resists, great life regen, and life steal / life on hit, i actually gain life when I ground slam a group of guys with lightning thorns.

With LA Ranger I never felt anything from the lightning thorns. Maybe it reflects melee damage?
Last edited by thepmrc on Mar 6, 2013, 5:56:39 PM
It's either reflecting melee or physical damage.

They destroyed my marauder even at 82 with almost 5k HP, 80 AR, etc, etc. One ground slam onto a pack of the guards would drop me to half HP sometimes.

They don't even dmg my LA shadow.
Last edited by big_aug on Mar 6, 2013, 6:03:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info