So never again making friends with a church person...

Perhaps calling them misinformed rather than nuts would be more appropriate as to not offend. Anyways that's another problem religious or non-religious some people think by belittling a certain belief that their views will be taken more seriously. Unfortunately this happens all the time and it works when the masses out number logic. Logic will never win against the majority... Only when on a precipice does humanity change for the good, and hopefully it lasts long enough for a few or all to wake up.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Sep 23, 2014, 3:44:58 PM
"
solwitch wrote:
Perhaps calling them misinformed rather than nuts would be more appropriate as to not offend. Anyways that's another problem religious or non-religious some people think by belittling a certain belief that their views will be taken more seriously. Unfortunately this happens all the time and it works when the masses out number logic. Logic will never win against the majority... Only when on a precipice does humanity change for the good, and hopefully it lasts long enough for a few or all to wake up.

Yeah, you got a point on the logic thing. Remember the snapshot thing? Nice POE example there, sure it gave more dps when people did it, was it a hassle? Sure. Was it intended? No. Now people said all the time things like if its not intended it wouldnt have been possible but thats like saying i can drink my own pee but that doesnt mean its healthy nor what someone should be doing.

Logic will beat pretty much anything and religion isnt based on simple logic. its outdated and overrated. Im not really surprised though that its still around as people need something to pray to in order to get something done rather than just believing in themselves and then trying to be good at something.

What i find the worst kind of religious people are the ones that tell you they will pray for you as if you wanted them to do that. They twist it in this weird way like, "you might not be a believer now but you will be eventually, i will say a prayer for you", which makes me sick.
"
"
solwitch wrote:

Yeah, you got a point on the logic thing. Remember the snapshot thing? Nice POE example there, sure it gave more dps when people did it, was it a hassle? Sure. Was it intended? No. Now people said all the time things like if its not intended it wouldnt have been possible but thats like saying i can drink my own pee but that doesnt mean its healthy nor what someone should be doing.

Logic will beat pretty much anything and religion isnt based on simple logic. its outdated and overrated. Im not really surprised though that its still around as people need something to pray to in order to get something done rather than just believing in themselves and then trying to be good at something.

What i find the worst kind of religious people are the ones that tell you they will pray for you as if you wanted them to do that. They twist it in this weird way like, "you might not be a believer now but you will be eventually, i will say a prayer for you", which makes me sick.

I would have picked up something and told them, "this is what I believe in," throw it at them... It's called, "pain... do you believe in pain?" Wheres your God now...
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
so far you've taken a shit on Hicks and Religious folks, good job mate, who's next?
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Canadians! Pick on Canadians!
"
Moonyu wrote:
Canadians! Pick on Canadians!

Why? They already got the canadian dollar, havent they been through enough?
The Wretch is Canadian too. Its like karma or something.
"
Moonyu wrote:
The Wretch is Canadian too. Its like karma or something.

You Bastards
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Had a fanatic atheist and a fanatic christian both as friends once. Ditched them both and live a more peaceful life with less forced arguments and discussions now. Also a bit loner but that's not that problematic. :P
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Sep 23, 2014, 6:45:26 PM
"
solwitch wrote:

I've told nuns to F off, told a priest to come out of the closest and even thrown a book at my teacher. Religion is so annoying especially those that are fanatics. I'm all up for respecting people and their beliefs, but I rather save a dog than a catholic or anything similar to it.

Honestly ill yell fuck religion as hard as the next guy, but throwing books at your teacher and telling a nun to fuck off... to put it this way, that teacher deserves a lot of respect for not slapping the mcshit out of you.

I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Sep 23, 2014, 8:23:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info