The conflicting Design of PoE (a long detailed read, my final feedback(for now))

unique drop rates seem fine to me. orbs are fine too....now...new crafting master fixed not using orbs for anything but trade.

100% agree with your maps paragraph. progression should never be rng gated. d3 greater rifts got this one right.

i quit d3 and came here when they announnced boa since you are a victim of rng builds with no trade. something they got very wrong. you can litterally play a lifetime and never make set or get wand of woh, etc. i came back when GR patch came but no trade is still terrible because rng builds. you can be very rich and farm a lot holding 6 tal rasha chest but if you never get say an ammy to make set you get no free meteor build. thats horrible as maps are here.

but at least here i can trade for maps. i can never trade one of my 6 tal rasha chests for a tal rasha ammy and carry on.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 25, 2014, 4:38:02 AM
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
Haderach99 wrote:
If you like D3 systems so much, why aren't you playing that? You are just another whiner who wants everything the way you want it and even EASIER loot grind. You want everything and you want it now.

I play both games and here I play mostly self found (even if I buy smth, I buy paying only with self looted currency).

Considering this, I'm as far from "You want everything and you want it now." attitude as possible.

But, I would say, it's quite typical here to attack those complaining on shitty drops, while caressing nice little shop and doing mindless Dom grind on MF character. Because noting that it would be nice to re-balance drops for joy of self loot is "shortcut" and "whiners attitude" while trading and RMTing is sooo hardcore and not shortcut at all.

and you are playing the game with a SELF IMPOSED limitation that will NEVER will be taken into account with the main game design. GGG wants this to be a social game. This is an ONLINE game. If you choose to play it without using the tools, you have no right to complain about it when you purposely do not use those tools. Once again, your desire for greater loot drops is invalid.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain
"
Haderach99 wrote:
Once again, your desire for greater loot drops is invalid.

BTW Can you indicate where exactly I expressed "desire for greater loot drops"? As I look on my post, I only wrote, that drops are shitty and I would enjoy game balanced for self loot fun.

And you know, I played such game years ago. If I recall properly, it was named Diablo 2. It even had some on-line component as I hear then, though I never used it.

Anyway, that's all on the subject from my side, enjoy your shopping :)
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on Sep 25, 2014, 9:36:50 AM
Don't you just love people that take it onto themselves to bestow and remove rights to complain to/from others?
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
Last edited by Allnamestaken on Sep 25, 2014, 11:11:17 AM
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
Haderach99 wrote:

BTW Can you indicate where exactly I expressed "desire for greater loot drops"? As I look on my post, I only wrote, that drops are shitty and I would enjoy game balanced for self loot fun.

And you know, I played such game years ago. If I recall properly, it was named Diablo 2. It even had some on-line component as I hear then, though I never used it.

I often wonder how Diablo 2 would have stood up to the scrutiny that hits games these days... I can only imagine the balance rage that would have hit the fan... Im sure people would have complained about drop rates there too haha!
"
Haderach99 wrote:
This is an ONLINE game. If you choose to play it without using the tools...

What does the fact, that the game runs on a server, in common with any social aspects?
Its NOT an obviously multiplayer game, otherwise you would have to join a party (or create a new one, explicit) on entering. But no: you start in YOUR OWN PRIVATE SINGLE PLAYER instance, ALWAYS.
That GGG tries to "promote" player interaction (which basically in itself also NOT stand for multiplayer gaming) is a complete different "thing", based on their vision, based on the allmighty capitalist vision of growth as the healthbringer of erverything.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
That was a nice read. Generally i agree. Also i know it is from a player who was pretty much uber geared(unless i am confusing him for somebody else), so it's not like QQ for what he can't have.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
Haderach99 wrote:

Person imposing a voluntary self limitation then complains when that self limitation limits him. You wonder why people are so tired of the "not enough loot" argument?

Like I said, your argument and whining is not applicable.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info